Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey guys, 

I just wanted to say hi, as I got my 2013 GS450h F sport since last week and Im absolutely loving it :) 

Got it from the garage that just imported this bad boy from Japan (1 owner there, it have 50k miles and full lexus service history with last check about 300 miles ago in 07/2020).

I need to say it came with the spotless body and next month I will be adding some ceramic coat over it, as its showroom condition in and out. 

One thing Im missing out is that maps are for Japan and some texts on the infotainment are in japanese, but well I think I can live with that as I've tried to find any piece of information on how to change it amd there seem to be none. 

Anyhow, made about 600km in a week just cruising around with any excuse and can't get enough :) 

At the same time want to say hi to everyone and hope we will engage on nice chats :) 

IMG_20210304_161828.jpg

signal-2021-03-04-160317.jpg

signal-2021-03-04-160220 (4).jpg

• Like 3

I have been checking the cars websites for a GS450H MY 2008-11 and I noticed this evening that this one had disappeared from Carzone. Anyway it was not of my interest as I am looking for the previous model and moreover I know that Airside Motor Centre mostly deals with Japanese imports and as my Prius is one of them I do not want another Japanese import as my Prius has the MFD in Japanese and I have been unable to use most of the functions and info because they are in Japanese.  But it is really a good looking GS you bought even though white is not my favourite colour. Enjoy!

Ps did you drive from Dublin down to Cork with the current restrictions to 5 kms? You are brave! 

Oh yes, I was quite fast with decision, as firstly I've been looking at some RC300h, however after all decided to go with GS450h. Then, once I saw this F sport there was no coming back and got it right away 🙂

I know what you mean with japanese import, as despite of nearly 90% of infotainment being in English, some settings are in JP 😄 not bothere much woth it, as I would rather rely on google maps, but would be nice to have fuel consumption in l/km or mpg instead of km/l.. I will still look around for any way to change it, but I believe it may be tough in MK4.. 

With the delivery it was ok, as they delivered car to my doorstep and took the trade-in at the same time - but I need to say that I would enjoy drive back from Dublin 😁 Lets hope that they will give us bit of a break in few weeks 🙂

Before deciding to look for a GS, I have looked at V4 Prius and Airside Motor Centre has one from Japan which is really unique as it is the Touring Premium edition. Anyway the idea of another Japanese import stopped me. Now I am more into the GS but I am still waiting for a good one. In UK there is so much more choice but I would prefer avoiding importing it. Have you seen that Lexus Cork has a 2013 GS with 60k km? But it is an executive and not F-Sport.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/lexus/gs450h/fpa/202103019600423?SOURCE_ID=SOURCE_ID_FPA_FROM_FEAT_LIST&journey=FeaturedListing 

Hello Bart and welcome to the LOC, hoping you find the forum educational and informative Congratulations on your latest purchase,nice looking car 🚗 👍

Nice! They are great cars. I had it for a while before i px for my f

out of interest, is it actually cheaper than uk version? 

7 hours ago, serbarry said:

Before deciding to look for a GS, I have looked at V4 Prius and Airside Motor Centre has one from Japan which is really unique as it is the Touring Premium edition. Anyway the idea of another Japanese import stopped me. Now I am more into the GS but I am still waiting for a good one. In UK there is so much more choice but I would prefer avoiding importing it. Have you seen that Lexus Cork has a 2013 GS with 60k km? But it is an executive and not F-Sport.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/lexus/gs450h/fpa/202103019600423?SOURCE_ID=SOURCE_ID_FPA_FROM_FEAT_LIST&journey=FeaturedListing 

I fully agree, they have some really unique cars from Japan directly (I was surprised with hybrid Accord for example), but as you mentioned that sometimes have some drawbacks. 

With the UK cars I checked that market as well, but then Im not sure with the cost of import and all paperwork here if that would still be a same looking good deal as gov need to take their bite on that 😕

I've seen that executive one and also there was one more with pictures in the woods, black one, however once I've read about F sport features I had a feeling that I would be always missing out on something 😄 Still a really good price for the mileage ratio + you have the EU car fully serviced, which make it much easier to use. 

On the other hand I think these cars are made for huge mileages, so that shouldn't be a problem even if it's higher - especially when taken care by proper service, which would be a no brainer imho if somebody buys car like that. One thing I was nicely surprised was, that once I spoke with Lexus Cork they told me they will honor the service actions from Japan once I produce to them service book and keep going on the Battery warranty for up to 15 years if I stick to the service plan, which was really a relief. 

Thanks guys! I moved from the Civic Hybrid 2008 that I used for last 4 years and change to that GS was like moving from from studio to the mansion 😂 especialy when it comes to the hybrid system operation. I'm really impressed how they made it possible to have that much power available and on the other hand so efficient if driven lightly 🙂

I also got reply from some company providing map updates that only way to get rid of JP maps is to change the whole head unit with EU, but that would be tough as I've seen pretty much none on the second hand market as of now - I guess that would need to wait a bit 😄

As of price it looks for me that the import price from UK and all paperwork to make it driveable in ROI would kind of come to the same that I've paid, but still not sure how they sourced the car from JP and how much was it, so that's more of a guess 🙂

Welcome Bart.

Interesting that they got it from Japan rather than the UK.  I wonder if the spec is different?

I agree that the GS is a great place to pass the miles in, but then I am biased 🙂

On 3/10/2021 at 12:52 PM, serbarry said:

I have been checking the cars websites for a GS450H MY 2008-11 and I noticed this evening that this one had disappeared from Carzone. Anyway it was not of my interest as I am looking for the previous model and moreover I know that Airside Motor Centre mostly deals with Japanese imports and as my Prius is one of them I do not want another Japanese import as my Prius has the MFD in Japanese and I have been unable to use most of the functions and info because they are in Japanese.  But it is really a good looking GS you bought even though white is not my favourite colour. Enjoy!

Ps did you drive from Dublin down to Cork with the current restrictions to 5 kms? You are brave! 

All the Japan 2012+ GS is able to set the MFD to English. 

On 3/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, Shahpor said:

Welcome Bart.

Interesting that they got it from Japan rather than the UK.  I wonder if the spec is different?

I agree that the GS is a great place to pass the miles in, but then I am biased 🙂

F Sport in Jap it’s fully optioned. The only non standard item is the ML audio. 

On 3/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, Kijan said:

Thanks guys! I moved from the Civic Hybrid 2008 that I used for last 4 years and change to that GS was like moving from from studio to the mansion 😂 especialy when it comes to the hybrid system operation. I'm really impressed how they made it possible to have that much power available and on the other hand so efficient if driven lightly 🙂

I also got reply from some company providing map updates that only way to get rid of JP maps is to change the whole head unit with EU, but that would be tough as I've seen pretty much none on the second hand market as of now - I guess that would need to wait a bit 😄

As of price it looks for me that the import price from UK and all paperwork to make it driveable in ROI would kind of come to the same that I've paid, but still not sure how they sourced the car from JP and how much was it, so that's more of a guess 🙂

It’s easy to check the auction they brought it from. The sold price in JP and the auction sheet which will mark out the grade of the car, including replaced panels or repaired. 

lots of f sport from Japan are minor crash repaired. I look at these auctions every day. 

22 minutes ago, toe said:

All the Japan 2012+ GS is able to set the MFD to English. 

Indeed - I could set English language there, but still few fields are not translated and I it comes with some regional settings like maps, radio bands, tv that just doesn't work (not a big deal). Other than that it have pretty much same stuff as here.

26 minutes ago, toe said:

It’s easy to check the auction they brought it from. The sold price in JP and the auction sheet which will mark out the grade of the car, including replaced panels or repaired. 

lots of f sport from Japan are minor crash repaired. I look at these auctions every day. 

I see - actually apart from full service book, I don't have the auction documentation, but I wonder if I ask the garage that sold the car for it. I bought it already, so I don't see the reason of not sharing it - unless something was fishy there. They said it was without any repairs/accidents - however the report would show the truth I guess.

Is there any chance to check past auctions history by any chance? I assume it would need to match the source that garage used too, so likely no chance for that, but I have the import date, so something along the lines would possible allow me to match the car if there is an option like that.

6 hours ago, Kijan said:

Indeed - I could set English language there, but still few fields are not translated and I it comes with some regional settings like maps, radio bands, tv that just doesn't work (not a big deal). Other than that it have pretty much same stuff as here.

I see - actually apart from full service book, I don't have the auction documentation, but I wonder if I ask the garage that sold the car for it. I bought it already, so I don't see the reason of not sharing it - unless something was fishy there. They said it was without any repairs/accidents - however the report would show the truth I guess.

Is there any chance to check past auctions history by any chance? I assume it would need to match the source that garage used too, so likely no chance for that, but I have the import date, so something along the lines would possible allow me to match the car if there is an option like that.

Look at the jap chassis number which is stamped at the door plate. It should say GWL10-xxx 

Put that number into carvx.jp and pay a small fee  

post the link to the report here and I can help with the translation of some of the auction comments. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, toe said:

Look at the jap chassis number which is stamped at the door plate. It should say GWL10-xxx 

Put that number into carvx.jp and pay a small fee  

post the link to the report here and I can help with the translation of some of the auction comments. 

Perfect, thanks so much for the help here - just submitted request on their website and should get an answer within 24 hours 🙂

Hope we won't see some strange past there haha 😄

Just got the report, but unfortunately no auction sheet attached to it - however in the report I see nothing suspicious - odometer seems fine, no collision/malfunction reported and all green ticks all over the place

Oh I see.

That's the part from this field:

2013     LEXUS Manufactured
2013-07     MLIT First registration
2018-07-17   62700 MLIT Inspection
2020-07-20 Naniwa 80600 MLIT Inspection
2020-09-08 Naniwa   MLIT Last registration

Looks good, it's from Osaka where they don't get much snow. What is your chassis number? I can check if the fuel pump recall has been completed in Japan.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, toe said:

Looks good, it's from Osaka where they don't get much snow. What is your chassis number? I can check if the fuel pump recall has been completed in Japan.

Thanks Tony, 

That would fit, as underbody looks really clean without any rust there, so salt wasn't making much of damage 🙂

GWL10-‪6006144 that's the chassis of it, I also tried to check other pages that offer reports from auctions too, where they let you check the number on the sheet before you buy report, but I couldn't locate exactly this one 🙂

Appreciate you help here on the check! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links