Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Trying to find - power steering hoses for RX300 (2001)

First post:  I think winter salt has finally had it's way with the metal parts of the high pressure hoses on the power steering.  Power steering fluid is leaking out at an increasing rate, and a quick check with our local Toyota parts depot indicates that replacement parts will take over a month to arrive. 

I'm confident that the high pressure send hose is at fault (part 44410) but it seems likely that other hoses might be an issue - I won't know until we commit to stripping them out!  However, having to source any other hoses that might be faulty, with a 4-6 week lead time is problematic.

Does anyone know somewhere I could source power steering hoses close to home?

Many thanks in advance.

2021.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Update - for those who showed an interest!  Pirtek in Exeter remanufactured the part for me for £78 inc VAT, taking two business days.  This compares with paying Toyota UK £285 to ship it from Japan, which would have taken 5-6 weeks.  

Many thanks for the pointer @Herbie

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FunBadger said:

Pirtek in Exeter remanufactured the part for me for £78 inc VAT, taking two business days.

it's brilliant that we can use industrial bespoke hydraulic type hose manufacturers  ....  I remember years ago I had to get a replacement hydraulic hose for a Rolls Royce we had in stock ( my car sales business ) and the part from RR was more than two arms and several legs costwise .......  local hydraulic hose people produced one for me at a then staggering £80, fairly instantly BUT at a fraction of RR price tho' :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FunBadger said:

Update - for those who showed an interest!  Pirtek in Exeter remanufactured the part for me for £78 inc VAT, taking two business days.  This compares with paying Toyota UK £285 to ship it from Japan, which would have taken 5-6 weeks.  

Many thanks for the pointer @Herbie

Glad it worked out for you Philip, you're very welcome.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links