Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I want to add rain sensor on my is 250c

Johnlex

Hi there, I want to add a rain sensor to my is 250 c. Is there already a wire loom there and I can just plug and go.

I know Lexus often have everything in the cars for upgrades ??

any help please 

The loom may be there ( even on my 1994 LS the loom and plug are under the rear seat for the recline and massage option) but I would imagine the cost of the conversion would be expensive. There is a “Luxury” version that has for example a different wiper stalk ( maybe a additional position for rain sensing) then the sensor itself. 

There have been issues with replacement windscreens resulting in sensor problems too.

It sounds like a lot of money and work for the convenience of not turning the stalk when it begins to rain.

One thing I did discover is that the wiper has an inbuilt defrost system, I assume this is to stop the wiper blade sticking to the glass....a replacement relay alone is £68.00.

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

The loom may be there ( even on my 1994 LS the loom and plug are under the rear seat for the recline and massage option) but I would imagine the cost of the conversion would be expensive. There is a “Luxury” version that has for example a different wiper stalk ( maybe a additional position for rain sensing) then the sensor itself. 

There have been issues with replacement windscreens resulting in sensor problems too.

It sounds like a lot of money and work for the convenience of not turning the stalk when it begins to rain.

One thing I did discover is that the wiper has an inbuilt defrost system, I assume this is to stop the wiper blade sticking to the glass....a replacement relay alone is £68.00.

thanks for your help, I will pull back the trim abs have look. See if I can get a second hand one off eBay. Yes I’ve heard that being a problem with the resealable pad. 

Lexus always have the wiring abs extra functions for the add ons which is great if you like adding ...

• 1 month later...

Hi as far as I am aware the 250C has auto rain sensing mine has ;with the stalk in the auto position an infrared sensor behind the mirror switches on the wipers .Easy to test just run some water down the screen close to the centre with car switched on .It may be that a new windscreen has been fitted ,a non Lexus replacement screen does not always have this function ,another problem with non Lexus screens is they may not have the heated screen area where the wipers park .The fitter who put a new screen in for me told me this and I insisted on a genuine ;screen made his life easier as it came with a full set of spacers and edging strips

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links