Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tire pressure warning system

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Aren`t Handbooks wonderful accessories James ?

They are John. I think that there should be some system introduced here, like that Captcha thing, which senses when someone is asking a technical question, and it does not allow the user to post until they have answered "yes" to the question "Have you already checked your handbook?"

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2021 at 1:18 PM, ianhu said:

Hi. 

I once had similar situation. Unfortunately for me the men at said garage treat all wheels and tyres and tpms as one and tried to tell me the car will learn the new tpms sensor they had replaced "just drive it around and it will sort itself out". Yeah right, after a week still had indicator on dash so I know how annoying it is. I also now know they had sh*t for brains. If they had used their brains they could have picked the phone up where lexus would have told them any new tpms needs coding to the car. Usually done with teachsteam. (Btw that's not the amazon cheapo job, reason being is that the software works but the cable has some connections disabled. Buying proper cable costing £70 got all working.) Anyway I got said garage to give me all four tmps id's and I programmed them into techstream. Since then no tpms light in a year. 

Lesson learnt. Don't use garages that just shift tyres and nowt else. 

Ahahahaha this. Currently in the process of buying a new wheel & tyre package with TPMS installed, emailed the shop asking if they'll provide the IDs so I can have them coded to the car, and they reply with that, "the car will detect them" sure it will. 

On 5/5/2023 at 10:50 AM, ColdAsahi said:

Ahahahaha this. Currently in the process of buying a new wheel & tyre package with TPMS installed, emailed the shop asking if they'll provide the IDs so I can have them coded to the car, and they reply with that, "the car will detect them" sure it will. 

You’re quite right, Kamil.  The ID code has to be registered with the car’s TPMS.  But it should be detectable once the ignition’s on.  My Manual has a couple of pages on it!

if you don’t want to use a Lexus dealer for this, then any good tyre retailer should be able to do it, I would have thought.

Perhaps ring around locally to check one out?  And of course, set the correct cold tyre pressures before registering the valve.  You should check the other three at the same time.

Apologies if you already know all this!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links