Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sometimes you don't know how good you have it . . .

2 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

A Bentley is a sight to behold on the driveway - as long as it stays there..

Like someone from Texas who boasts that it takes him all day to get to the boundary of his land 😂

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

Here’s another one I just love - but only really the original before the various facelifts. Awesome!

677F41DE-320F-43DA-8479-1913F869D221.jpeg.34b159ddeb65b0a17927338c56fe56a1.jpeg

It is said that the first production cars were so badly built that even the BL management turned them down as company cars!

I had one 15years ago. It was a 1983 3.6 manual on a 1986 C reg. The reason between build and registration date is because it was a SVE (special vehicle engineering) car and when it registered by Jaguar for the road in 1986 it was fitted with many of the upgrades that were on the 1987 models. I also had a letter from the original supplying dealer to the first 'owner' (which I regret not taking a copy of) stating that it was the 'company car' for Martin Brundle, who at the time they said was a Jaguar sportscar driver.

It had dodgy electrics and the footwells were always full of water after it rained (even after replacing the door rubbers), a common fault. But this car was the most comfortable car I have ever driven or been driven in. I only sold it as it seemed every time I looked at it it had dissolved more!

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Toyota Corolla for me.

My wife has a Toyota Corolla T Sport.  It has a 1.8 engine with VVTL - similar to the Honda VTEC.  It pulls like mad to 6200 revs when the VVTL kicks in and then it just goes like sh*t off a hot shovel.  It is just glorious fun seeing BMers and the like having trouble losing a Toyota Corolla along the roads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris111 said:

It is said that the first production cars were so badly built that even the BL management turned them down as company cars!

I had one 15years ago. It was a 1983 3.6 manual on a 1986 C reg. The reason between build and registration date is because it was a SVE (special vehicle engineering) car and when it registered by Jaguar for the road in 1986 it was fitted with many of the upgrades that were on the 1987 models. I also had a letter from the original supplying dealer to the first 'owner' (which I regret not taking a copy of) stating that it was the 'company car' for Martin Brundle, who at the time they said was a Jaguar sportscar driver.

It had dodgy electrics and the footwells were always full of water after it rained (even after replacing the door rubbers), a common fault. But this car was the most comfortable car I have ever driven or been driven in. I only sold it as it seemed every time I looked at it it had dissolved more!

Sounds like a fantastic piece of Jaguar motoring history, I would definitely contact the JEC so we can record such an event 👍

20 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Jags-expensivescrap? My XKR is the same age as yours and appreciating in value, how about your LS? And Brits will always have a deep-rooted emotional attachment to the brand which goes way beyond transient talking points such as performance and cost😎

Ahh quite right on the value.

Classics World comment: "As a modern classic, the LS400 may lack the visual appeal of a Jaguar but their legendary reliability makes them a very practical proposition."

Jags are works of art.

The LS400 won't make the value for an investment.

If Jags had Lexus build quality - and were as easy to work on...I'd be Jag.

😊

:driving:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tinonline said:

Ahh quite right on the value.

Classics World comment: "As a modern classic, the LS400 may lack the visual appeal of a Jaguar but their legendary reliability makes them a very practical proposition."

Jags are works of art.

The LS400 won't make the value for an investment.

If Jags had Lexus build quality - and were as easy to work on...I'd be Jag.

😊

:driving:

As AA Milne once said," they say nothing is impossible yet I do nothing every day"😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links