Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ordered and waiting for our new ES300h

peniole

9 hours ago, Herbie said:

Which app(s) are asking for or showing this info and are you sure that the app is reporting these things to someone or something 'out there' in a sinister sort of way, or is the app just giving you the information, in which case it's perfectly harmless?

I recently installed a tracker in my car in case it's ever stolen and, of course, that very information is exactly what it needs to report to me.

Unless your parents didn't register your birth and you've never appeared on any official database whatsoever (never been to school, never been to hospital/GP etc), I'm afraid that any attempt at privacy now is just futile. You're already well and truly 'on the books' as it were.

Vlad has a point. Here's an excerpt from the lexus terms/privacy:

We will collect and use the following Personal Data:

-          Identity information (e.g. title, family and first name, mother tongue);

-          Contact information (e.g. mobile number, email address, postal address);

-          If you have a Lexus vehicle with an on-board Internet connectivity functionality, identification information requested by the ECS Provider which provides the Internet access service (e.g. copy of ID documents, debit/credit card details);

-          MyLexus account related information (e.g. preferred contact method, subscription information, communication language preference, Authorised Retailer/Repairer preference);

-          Geolocation information linked to your Lexus vehicle and/or your smartphone (e.g. geolocation of your vehicle (longitude and latitude), planned destination);

-          Driving behaviour (e.g. driving logs, journey logs, driving speed, acceleration and brake speed);

-          Emergency contact information (if you have provided such information on your MyLexus account);

-          Journey information;

-          We may use your social media ID to allow you to share the location of your Lexus vehicle with others (e.g. with respect to those Services which allow you to share the location of your Lexus vehicle with others via social media of your choice);

-          Customer segment;

-          Vehicle identification data (e.g. vehicle registration plate, vehicle identification number, date of purchase of the vehicle);

-          Technical vehicle data (e.g. mileage, fuel consumption, warnings) and diagnostic data;

-          Current and historical vehicle-related data (e.g. accessories, tyres, finance, insurance, warranty-related information, if applicable);

-          Data relating to invoices and payments for the Services (e.g. history of your payments for the Services, invoices, VAT number, if applicable); and

-          Interaction history (e.g. planned maintenance and service bookings).

Which app(s) are asking for or showing this info and are you sure that the app is reporting these things to someone or something 'out there' in a sinister sort of way, or is the app just giving you the information, in which case it's perfectly harmless?

I don't know Herbie. As soon as I saw that prompt and also noticing that android auto turned On my WiFi on my phone. Now why would it want to do that? It's too much like Big Brother to me.

Wow what an extract Peniole. That's enough to scare me off using theses new (ish) gizmos in cars.

Just how much music do you have Peniole? I listen to Spotify in my truck for about 6 hours a day and never the same track repeated.

On 6/27/2021 at 11:32 AM, Mr Vlad said:

Just how much music do you have Peniole? I listen to Spotify in my truck for about 6 hours a day and never the same track repeated.

CDs accumulated for the last 3 decades. Started in the early 90's. Encoded them into VBR or 320kbps MP3s, they need a 64Gb USB stick. Extrapolate from there to FLAC. I've got a little portable SSD that I'm thinking of using if I am able to hear a difference between the MP3s and a CD in car. Tiny little thing, but should get a 90 degree USB cable if I go down that route.

64 Meg stick? Why not get a 128 gig micro SD card for your phone and then Bluetooth to your radio unit? Mind you it depends on if your phone can handle a 128 or 64 but it should do.

While Bluetooth can easily handle 16bit/48kHz (CD quality) with the right codec, for the 24bit/96kHz FLACs it'll compress (rendering FLAC pointless). Also, according to the manual the car only supports A2DP (no AptxHD or LDAC codecs, limiting you to one third the bandwidth required for CD quality audio). When in doubt wired connections for me.

1 hour ago, peniole said:

When in doubt wired connections for me.

In that case then, 128GB or larger microSD card, wired connection to Android Auto and use VLC Player, Black Player or whatever to play the music from the card.

• Like 1

Far too technical for me all this flac and aptx whatnot. All I know is Tocata and Fugue in D minor c/o Spotify sounds stupendous in my is250 with ML as it did in my RX I had and the second is300h all with ML and yes the windows rumble when the wick is turned up lol.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links