Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I managed to get my steering wheel on the LS430 tilting and retracting ok after I fitted new motors.

Does anydody know how to disable the automatic retract when the ignition is turned off?

As expected the handbook simply says 'take it to the main dealer.'

John N

That usually means it's only customisable using Techstream 

• Like 1

Regarding Techstream, how do you get access to it in the UK? Authorised establishment or cracked online versions?

There's also Carista, I haven't used it on a Lexus but I've had it working very well on Subaru/Toyota. All you need is a Bluetooth dongle and a smartphone.

4 minutes ago, -Error- said:

Regarding Techstream, how do you get access to it in the UK? Authorised establishment or cracked online versions?

We can't be seen to condone the use of pirated software, that's a matter for your own conscience. However, whether you go the proper way by clicking this link and paying for a block of time to use it or by using the CD that is usually included with these cables from eBay, you'll need a Windows laptop and the miniVCI cable to allow the car and laptop to communicate with each other.

• Thanks 1

I disabled mine with TechStream. Be patient as it can take several minutes to connect sometimes.
Here is a list of what you can do with TechStream on the 2001 LS430.
Later years are similar but I only have this one.
See section 9. :thumbup:

LS430 Techstream Functionality.pdf