Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Relax (10 year/100,000 mile warranty)

I’m not going to worry too much about extended warranty v Relax v no warranty. I had been contemplating the paradox that I drive a Lexus because they are so reliable but I still planned to renew my extended warranty just in case. I’m happy with a free warranty and £125 for breakdown cover (inc the cover for my wife). Time will tell whether that remains the case. The real test will be if I have to pay for a repair that would have been covered by the extended warranty. And I’ll worry about that if/when it occurs and not before.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I’m not going to worry too much about extended warranty v Relax v no warranty. I had been contemplating the paradox that I drive a Lexus because they are so reliable but I still planned to renew my extended warranty just in case. I’m happy with a free warranty and £125 for breakdown cover (inc the cover for my wife). Time will tell whether that remains the case. The real test will be if I have to pay for a repair that would have been covered by the extended warranty. And I’ll worry about that if/when it occurs and not before.

I wish that I could be as decisive....I've been going around on circles!! 😆

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

And I along with others I am sure have been watching you do so, quite unnecessarily Paul.

I fail to see your problem.

Put simply, it's trying to decide whether the extra items covered by the extended (or select) warranty vs relax is worth paying full price for (before relax it was a no brainer).

57 minutes ago, Pielight said:

Put simply, it's trying to decide whether the extra items covered by the extended (or select) warranty vs relax is worth paying full price for (before relax it was a no brainer).

A very subjective decision. I think it is, others don`t.

Relax is unproven. "Manufacturing or Assembly defect"  are extremely difficult to determine.

Time will show us. As I`ve said several times if under Relax, 80% of claims are met then it will be good for the customer.

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

A very subjective decision. I think it is, others don`t.

Relax is unproven. "Manufacturing or Assembly defect"  are extremely difficult to determine.

Time will show us. As I`ve said several times if under Relax, 80% of claims are met then it will be good for the customer.

I agree it's very subjective. I think that I'll stick with my extended warranty (12 months left) rather than opting for refund and relying on Relax, until things become a bit clearer. 

Just now, Pielight said:

I agree it's very subjective. I think that I'll stick with my extended warranty (12 months left) rather than opting for refund and relying on Relax, until things become a bit clearer. 

As I have done Paul.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pielight said:

If I could offer another perspective here. If I still had 12 months to go on my Extended Warranty, I’d keep it going. I’d have already paid for the better warranty so it would make sense to keep it going. I’d only get a myself a refund if I needed the cash.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

If I could offer another perspective here. If I still had 12 months to go on my Extended Warranty, I’d keep it going. I’d have already paid for the better warranty so it would make sense to keep it going. I’d only get a myself a refund if I needed the cash.

That's a very sound and pragmatic approach thanks Paul. Thinking about a refund, by the time I deduct the free roadside assistance and MOT from it, there would be just £370 to net. There's an awful lot that voted go wrong with a GS that could cost 5 or even 10 times that!

9 hours ago, Pielight said:

That's a very sound and pragmatic approach thanks Paul. Thinking about a refund, by the time I deduct the free roadside assistance and MOT from it, there would be just £370 to net. There's an awful lot that voted go wrong with a GS that could cost 5 or even 10 times that!

I went through the same thought process over 2 years of pre-paid EW, but when combined with a concurrent service plan(discounted with my Gold Card) the amortised monthly cost is highly affordable especially when balanced against the risk of something going wrong with a car of my age. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I went through the same thought process over 2 years of pre-paid EW, but when combined with a concurrent service plan(discounted with my Gold Card) the amortised monthly cost is highly affordable especially when balanced against the risk of something going wrong with a car of my age. 

I think the older/higher mileage the car, the more compelling the extra cover becomes. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Pielight said:

Agreed 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links