Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yeah its a CVT Hybrid. I actually don't find it offensive at all. Seems to spend itself forever idling. 

I loved my 8 speed in my 460, I always regret getting rid of that car but it gave me a big scare at 3 years old where the VGRS gave up and Toyots wanted £5k plus labour to fix it a week out of warranty. It was around the time when Toyotas were jumping off bridges themselves and they were keen to not have any more bad publicity, so they fixed it gratis in the end.

I have to admit I was 50/50 going to get an LS430 again as I always liked that car more than my 460.

Yeah I did get a bargain, I felt it the whole way home, everything I wanted and cheap to boot!

• Like 2

Congrats on your purchase. 

This was near where I live and I went to view the car but didn't have the courage to go ahead because of it's patchy service history and the fact that it was a previous category D repaired car.

I was the one who registered it on the Lexus Link as the owner didn't know about it. See the pics attached. 

1879220380_Screenshot_20210628-174024_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.895372b01087473f1df90cb6d6582c76.jpg1879220380_Screenshot_20210628-174024_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.895372b01087473f1df90cb6d6582c76.jpg

Screenshot_20210628-174024_Lexus Link.jpg

5 hours ago, Stu. said:

This is absolutely true. It usually is, but the way I saw it as a risk was the price was so good that whatever was evident would be fixable, but literally perfect MOT history, full Lexus service and extensive repaint work etc. It felt right. I have had it up on ramps, oil is fresh and other than brake pads needing replaced there is nothing obvious.

Nice, what's the registration? 

2 minutes ago, S3GUN said:

Congrats on your purchase. 

This was near where I live and I went to view the car but didn't have the courage to go ahead because of it's patchy service history and the fact that it was a previous category D repaired car.

I was the one who registered it on the Lexus Link as the owner didn't know about it. See the pics attached. 

1879220380_Screenshot_20210628-174024_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.895372b01087473f1df90cb6d6582c76.jpg1879220380_Screenshot_20210628-174024_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.895372b01087473f1df90cb6d6582c76.jpg

Screenshot_20210628-174024_Lexus Link.jpg

Yeah it didn't bother me as it was minor up over the top left and tbh I had to really hunt for it as it was a good repair. There was a bit of melting because of the heat on the trim strips, but that was a 5 minute fix as its a body-coloured vinyl wrap.

The history was pretty good at Lexus, but there was a receipt for a service at 54k as well as the Lexus service as well.

43 minutes ago, S3GUN said:

Yeah it didn't bother me as it was minor up over the top left and tbh I had to really hunt for it as it was a good repair. There was a bit of melting because of the heat on the trim strips, but that was a 5 minute fix as its a body-coloured vinyl wrap.

The history was pretty good at Lexus, but there was a receipt for a service at an indy 54k as well as the Lexus service history.

image.thumb.png.c70fc2adb6b4e06b2c2160a5bddb5e14.pngimage.thumb.png.68e2bcfd70864a2c10041ab9ab61ad82.png

10 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Interesting comments about the smoothess between the 600 and 430. My 430 is just shy of 160k but still smooth, quite and tight - the interior quality is amazing.

I still would love to have a facelift 600 one day, I love the front end looks, the single speedo design and I just got to try the CVT.

I agree with both....a facelift 600 has been on my shopping list too! I really enjoy the driving experience of my 194k '04 430, and it still has no rattles, build quality and reliability just can't be faulted.... I really do believe it's one of the best vehicles in its class...

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links