Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can a satnav be fitted to ct200h

JC2378

My car has sat nav but it has the most complicated procedure to program destinations.I purchased a Garmin which is simple to use has lifetime free map updates and comes with a windscreen mount and 12v power lead,with the advantage of using in another car if needed.You can buy a permanent power supply which you can fit yourself.

I would imagine fitting a Lexus system would be impossible and prohibitively expensive whereas a stand alone unit by Garmin,Tom Tom etc start at under £100.

37 minutes ago, McRattlehead said:

My car has sat nav but it has the most complicated procedure to program destinations.I purchased a Garmin which is simple to use has lifetime free map updates and comes with a windscreen mount and 12v power lead,with the advantage of using in another car if needed.You can buy a permanent power supply which you can fit yourself.

I would imagine fitting a Lexus system would be impossible and prohibitively expensive whereas a stand alone unit by Garmin,Tom Tom etc start at under £100.

All is possible, but as explained above the Lexus navigation system sucks and that will be expensive if original.

Garmin is far better.

So is Google maps.

Some sytems from China are possible to build in if a built-in system is what you want.

We have the original navigation, but if we need navigation to go places where we would need to be guided we would rely on the smartphone maps.

Many thanks to the people who have taken the time to respond to my post.

I have rung my local Lexus dealer who told me that it would cost around £4500 to fit a genuine satnav.

I already have a Garmin satnav which I think I will stick with.

Many thanks,

John C

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JC2378 said:

Many thanks to the people who have taken the time to respond to my post.

I have rung my local Lexus dealer who told me that it would cost around £4500 to fit a genuine satnav.

I already have a Garmin satnav which I think I will stick with.

Many thanks,

John C

Wise move John.

Your Garmin, like my Garmin, is far superior to the Lexus version of a sat nav.

It has always puzzled me that a company that will source its sound system from Mark Levinson didn’t go to the likes of Garmin for their sat nav.  Of course there will be commercial considerations that determine their choice of supplier.

But I have yet to hear from an owner who thinks Lexus has even attained ‘adequate’ in this area.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but I agree the Lexus Sat Nav has gone down in quality. 12/14 years ago we really needed it to get Daughter to a a Pharmacy/Doctor whilst in France. Thankfully Lexus loaned us a European Update disc (It was an IS200) we got her the medical treatment she needed thanks to it.

Since then I have had 2 Infinitis, the sat nav was great, even got me to Le Mans & back. 

I find the Sat Nav in my CT clunky to set up, inaccurate,  & during a recent trip to Oxford it literally didn't know where it was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

I like the voice of the Lexus sat nav

I would agree there James.  She’s a lot more patient than my Wife, who also likes to give directions.

The problem is the shouting match that ensues when the two of them disagree.  😐

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LenT said:

I would agree there James.  She’s a lot more patient than my Wife, who also likes to give directions.

The problem is the shouting match that ensues when the two of them disagree.  😐

One thing which I am eternally thankful for is that my current wife generally falls asleep within about 15 minutes of starting any journey. This leaves me to get to our destination without any annoying distractions on which is "the best way" to go. Journeys shorter than 15 minutes are always a challenge. For instance yesterday, I was tasked with taking her to Peterborough's Central Park, a trip of about two miles. I would have taken the straightest, most efficient route, but no. I had to follow her instructions to go into the centre of town, then continue via Huntingdon, Ely, Hunstanton and return via Melton Mowbray. I am probably exaggerating slightly here, but I think you get my point. It is of course, best not to argue in cases like this. The question "would this be the best way for me to come?" was asked, and I wisely (I think) answered "yes dear".

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links