Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty

Hi all.

Apologies for getting back to you so late.

At the begining my local dealer has been unaware of the 10 Year Plus warranty, but I've copied and pasted one of the posts here, the one below from a different member:

"I arranged my 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty through Lexus Reading (Jemca group) - it's the second year I have had this and just renewed in October. The 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is not dealer specific though, they just organise it for you, the provider is Toyota (GB) plc and it's administered by TWG Services Limited"

And sent it to my service department.

I've been servicing my car with them for the past 3 years, I also have service plan with them, so not sure if it's discretionary arrangement that dealers might but not must offer, because they know my car, but I've got confirmation the warranty is on.

22 hours ago, BartLexusFan said:

I've been servicing my car with them for the past 3 years, I also have service plan with them, so not sure if it's discretionary arrangement that dealers might but not must offer, because they know my car, but I've got confirmation the warranty is on.

It's not discretionary, it's just that a lot of dealers don't know anything about it.

The only discretion they have is that they might insist on an inspection first, especially if it hasn't been previously serviced by Lexus.

2 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

It's not discretionary, it's just that a lot of dealers don't know anything about it.

The only discretion they have is that they might insist on an inspection first, especially if it hasn't been previously serviced by Lexus. Not

Thank you for clarifying. Not sure why the dealership I've got my warranty with in January would say they've never heard of that to some of people that commented on my post that confirmed I've got the warranty in January. Saying that, there is only one person I deal with in service department, so maybe it's not common knowledge. 

It's not common knowlegde. First dealership I took mine out with hadn't a clue and in the end I had to ask them to call  Lexus to get the details. Second dealership I renewed with took a while to figure out as well, even though I had the warranty number.

In The Netherlands, this is stated in the Relax Warranty terms:

Lexus Relax is automatically provided after servicing according to factory specifications at an official Lexus dealer, so no further action needed. 

5 minutes ago, Boeryeoes said:

In The Netherlands, this is stated in the Relax Warranty terms:

Lexus Relax is automatically provided after servicing according to factory specifications at an official Lexus dealer, so no further action needed. 

Relax is up to 10 years and/or 100,000 miles and doesn't cover as much as Warranty Plus. Warranty plus is up to 15 years and/or 150,000. 

• 1 month later...

Hi. I wonder if you can help me. Just called Lexus Bristol about this warranty, but they told me straight that it does not exist.

Lexus Cardiff knew about it back when I enquired a few months ago, but their response time has been shocking recently.

Can I buy this from any Lexus in UK ? Will it be recognized by all dealerships ?

41 minutes ago, Dominic1985 said:

Hi. I wonder if you can help me. Just called Lexus Bristol about this warranty, but they told me straight that it does not exist.

Lexus Cardiff knew about it back when I enquired a few months ago, but their response time has been shocking recently.

Can I buy this from any Lexus in UK ? Will it be recognized by all dealerships ?

Yes, it still exists AFAIK, myself and others have recently taken it out or renewed. It's not widely advertised and some dealers (or at least their staff) don't seem to know about - perhaps have never been asked about it. It is a national warranty underwritten by Toyota (Lexus) and can be purchased from any dealer and used at any other dealer should a repair be required. I use Lexus Reading (Jemca) and have had no problem renewing it. Other members have purchased through various different dealers around the country - perhaps one nearer to you will suggest one they have used successfully. Otherwise you could contact cr@lexus.co.uk for clarification. Make sure you use the correct terminology "10 Year Plus Extended Warranty" and not just extended warranty as that was a previous product (before Relax) and can cause confusion at dealerships.

On 3/5/2024 at 4:16 PM, wharfhouse said:

Yes, it still exists AFAIK, myself and others have recently taken it out or renewed. It's not widely advertised and some dealers (or at least their staff) don't seem to know about - perhaps have never been asked about it. It is a national warranty underwritten by Toyota (Lexus) and can be purchased from any dealer and used at any other dealer should a repair be required. I use Lexus Reading (Jemca) and have had no problem renewing it. Other members have purchased through various different dealers around the country - perhaps one nearer to you will suggest one they have used successfully. Otherwise you could contact cr@lexus.co.uk for clarification. Make sure you use the correct terminology "10 Year Plus Extended Warranty" and not just extended warranty as that was a previous product (before Relax) and can cause confusion at dealerships.

Thank you ! I have sent an email to cr@lexus.co.uk .   My local dealer has serious issues and I guess I am not on priority list right now. I've copy and pasted the correct terminology and indicated that my standard 10 year relax warranty is about to expire, so they should be able to work out what I am referring to. 

Fingers crossed !  

• Like 1

Thanks to your kind support , I was able to get some results.  I thought I would share this with you, because I've learnt something interesting.

The 10 years + warranty has been recognized and the dealer has given the annual cost . They will talk me through it next time I service the car. I was a bit alarmed as I was previously told that the 10 years relax expires the day the car was first registered (that would be the end of March 2024 in my case).   However, they are now saying that my last service (August 23) extends the Relax beyond 10 years ,and it's now valid till August 2024. This is the soonest I can take out the ''10+ warranty''.  It works for me, but I have this in writing, just in case Lexus HQ don't recognize this extension in case of a claim. Regretfully, I am not fully confident in them. Just look at how difficult it was to get to the bottom of the extended warranty. Bristol told me straight to go online and buy AA or RAC 😄 .

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dominic1985 said:

Thanks to your kind support , I was able to get some results.  I thought I would share this with you, because I've learnt something interesting.

The 10 years + warranty has been recognized and the dealer has given the annual cost . They will talk me through it next time I service the car. I was a bit alarmed as I was previously told that the 10 years relax expires the day the car was first registered (that would be the end of March 2024 in my case).   However, they are now saying that my last service (August 23) extends the Relax beyond 10 years ,and it's now valid till August 2024. This is the soonest I can take out the ''10+ warranty''.  It works for me, but I have this in writing, just in case Lexus HQ don't recognize this extension in case of a claim. Regretfully, I am not fully confident in them. Just look at how difficult it was to get to the bottom of the extended warranty. Bristol told me straight to go online and buy AA or RAC 😄 .

Good to hear that you got some answers. When you get around to needing it, the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is comprehensive (also includes Lexus Roadside Assistance on the annual cost) and so if you want to have some peace of mind is actually a small price to pay, especially if you were planning on using Lexus dealers to service the car (which you must for the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty to be valid). 

On 3/8/2024 at 12:28 PM, Dominic1985 said:

Can confirm it happened to me as well, Relax was about to expire on 28/12/22, but I did a service on 19/12/22 and that gave me additional year of Relax, and after that I went with 10 Year Extended Warranty Plus this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does taking out the 10 year warranty plus obligate you to have any recommended works done by Lexus post mandatory service please? 

1 hour ago, mujib1 said:

Does taking out the 10 year warranty plus obligate you to have any recommended works done by Lexus post mandatory service please? 

I don't quite understand your question but will try and answer best I can. If there are any outstanding issues on the car before the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is requested then these will need rectifying before you will be able to take out the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. After that the car must be serviced by Lexus as per the schedule (12 months or 10k miles whichever comes first) for the warranty to remain valid. AFAIK any other work doesn't have to be done by Lexus but if there is then an issue with that work I would expect any warranty claim to be turned down. 

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

I don't quite understand your question but will try and answer best I can. If there are any outstanding issues on the car before the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is requested then these will need rectifying before you will be able to take out the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. After that the car must be serviced by Lexus as per the schedule (12 months or 10k miles whichever comes first) for the warranty to remain valid. AFAIK any other work doesn't have to be done by Lexus but if there is then an issue with that work I would expect any warranty claim to be turned down. 

Thanks. The latter part of your answer was what I was referring to. For example was quoted £250 for single TPMS sensor replacement as part of a service / MOT but got that done elsewhere for £90. I understand that this may not then be covered under warranty but not sure consumable parts such as tyres, brakes etc  would be covered anyway..

27 minutes ago, mujib1 said:

Thanks. The latter part of your answer was what I was referring to. For example was quoted £250 for single TPMS sensor replacement as part of a service / MOT but got that done elsewhere for £90. I understand that this may not then be covered under warranty but not sure consumable parts such as tyres, brakes etc  would be covered anyway..

Yes brakes and various other consumable / wear and tear parts aren't covered as you say. A TPMS sensor I'm pretty sure wouldn't be covered. The 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is pretty comprehensive (better than 3rd party ones) but is more for the bigger things that could fail and shouldn't in the time/years of the warranty. BTW if you didn't know - it also includes Lexus Roadside Assistance within the annual cost (LRA is around £155 per annum and so makes the overall circa £500 of the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty better value still). 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links