Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Am toying with the idea of trading in our 2014 GS300h premier for an NX around three years old. Has anyone gone down a similar route and if so what are your thoughts? We love our GS especially the luxury feel it pervades and its supreme cruising ability. As I’ve now retired we mainly do shortish journeys with the occasional long trip. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Am about to get the GS serviced today and will have a look at what the dealer has and see if I can take an NX for a test drive. 

Thanks,

Alan 

8 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

A GS is a beautiful car.

It is indeed. It would be sad to see it go! Our circumstances now cannot justify two cars. Our other is a 13 year old Honda Jazz which has served us well for local journeys but is getting a bit tired. 

15 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

Am toying with the idea of trading in our 2014 GS300h premier for an NX around three years old. Has anyone gone down a similar route and if so what are your thoughts? We love our GS especially the luxury feel it pervades and its supreme cruising ability. As I’ve now retired we mainly do shortish journeys with the occasional long trip. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Am about to get the GS serviced today and will have a look at what the dealer has and see if I can take an NX for a test drive. 

Thanks,

Alan 

Why Alan, do you want an NX ?

I have had my GS since 2013 and it remains superb.

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Why Alan, do you want an NX ?

I have had my GS since 2013 and it remains superb.

The wife finds it too big to drive so we’re thinking of something in size between the GS and Jazz. 

Interesting. Am off to the dealer shortly which also sells Toyota. I’ll have a look there too. Am not sure if the interior quality will suffice after the GS but will see. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Interesting. Am off to the dealer shortly which also sells Toyota. I’ll have a look there too. Am not sure if the interior quality will suffice after the GS but will see. 

So, have you written off the UX Alan ?

8 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

So, have you written off the UX Alan ?

Indeed I have John. It’s too small both with regards to the boot space and rear seating accommodation. Having had a Honda Jazz for a few years now we’ve been spoilt! Also the perceived interior quality is not up to my GS experience expectations. As an aside, about a year ago, I thought about upgrading to an ES but after a test drive was disappointed by the interior compared to GS. Too many hard plastics and it felt ‘sterile’ compared to mine. I then felt that there was nothing on the market that I would swap it for. 

However, I digress. Circumstances change (as they do) which LED me to the possible NX option. 

However (again) circumstances have changed once more. Whilst my service was taking place I spent time with a nice sales person discussing my thoughts. My first inquiry involved the value of my GS. I was offered £14k. I enquired to the cost of an NX of similar spec three or four years old. I was informed that, depending upon mileage and condition, I’d be looking at £28 - £32k. Unfortunately they did not have any available for me to look at. Interestingly they had a GS premier to sell, exactly the same spec as mine, but with about 20k less miles on the clock, for a few pounds short of £21k!

Again I appear have digressed. The outcome of my thought process is that  £14 -£18k will pay for a few years of Jazz insurance, tax and consumables so we can justify keeping two cars. It also means I can keep the best car I’ve ever had. We’ve decided to keep the status quo until the Jazz pops her clogs. Her mot is due in December. All being well I’ll remain a member of the GS forum for a while to come. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Indeed I have John. It’s too small both with regards to the boot space and rear seating accommodation. Having had a Honda Jazz for a few years now we’ve been spoilt! Also the perceived interior quality is not up to my GS experience expectations. As an aside, about a year ago, I thought about upgrading to an ES but after a test drive was disappointed by the interior compared to GS. Too many hard plastics and it felt ‘sterile’ compared to mine. I then felt that there was nothing on the market that I would swap it for. 

However, I digress. Circumstances change (as they do) which led me to the possible NX option. 

However (again) circumstances have changed once more. Whilst my service was taking place I spent time with a nice sales person discussing my thoughts. My first inquiry involved the value of my GS. I was offered £14k. I enquired to the cost of an NX of similar spec three or four years old. I was informed that, depending upon mileage and condition, I’d be looking at £28 - £32k. Unfortunately they did not have any available for me to look at. Interestingly they had a GS premier to sell, exactly the same spec as mine, but with about 20k less miles on the clock, for a few pounds short of £21k!

Again I appear have digressed. The outcome of my thought process is that  £14 -£18k will pay for a few years of Jazz insurance, tax and consumables so we can justify keeping two cars. It also means I can keep the best car I’ve ever had. We’ve decided to keep the status quo until the Jazz pops her clogs. Her mot is due in December. All being well I’ll remain a member of the GS forum for a while to come. Fingers crossed!

Many thanks Alan.

I am not a sales person, I merely wish to ensure that the people whose contribution I value remain knowledgeable about vehicles which I value and provide value for money.

The Jazz is an exceptionally good car and I`ve been keeping an eye on the new HRV too. Margaret likes the Digital Speedo reading.

I have decided to keep my GS. 11 years old and 62,000 miles. It is everything that your GS has been to you and I can now continue to purchase a comprehensive warranty until 2025 when I shall be in my eightieth year and quite probably thinking of giving up driving.

Do let us all know what you decide.👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links