Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shipping Time

11 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

PS. How do you know your RX is due to ship soon Ian?

Bill D

Thanks for your rapid response Bill -I'll check the carriers when I get the "Left the Factory" message. I only "know" through guess work and reading others experience on here. They started "building" my car on 25 May so I'm guessing that it is assembled by now and waiting its turn to be shipped out. I'm an optimist - what can I say?

Nothing wrong with being an optimist Ian, keeps us going when the world seems against us.

Oh and just found the answer to my question, Derby or Bristol, App just updated showing my car apparently on its way or at Derby. The map seems to indicate somewhere north of Burnaston which is the Toyota works of course and I assume where Lexus cars go to to have whatever they do with them up there.

A bit mad though, Avonmouth to Derby, back to Bristol, about 260 mile round trip to get to where it needs to, 8 miles away!

Bill D.

4 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

App now reads car at dealers, route line on map was red from Portbury to Derby, black to Bristol, now all red.

Just waiting call from dealers🤓

Bill D.

That's good news - hope you get the call soon!!

11 minutes ago, rob4ik97 said:

Hello, in the lexus link app my lexus status is "build in progress" for two weeks is that okay?

Wouldn't worry about it Rob. My NX was much the same, at least two weeks at that status. I would guess it will change to 'Left the Factory' any day now.

• Like 1

Hi Robert, you can't rely on absolute accuracy of timing with the app., mine was about two weeks or more in the build stage before it changed to left the factory. When I got that notification my car was actually already on its way as I found out with a bit of detective work on shipping movements. I knew it was in the country before I had an update from Lexus.

Pleased to say my UX is now at the dealers awaiting me to go and complete paperwork, holidays got in the way unfortunately but hope to have a lovely shiny new Lexus in the next week or so. Praying for a dry sunny day, hate picking up a new car when the weather is crap, the condition you see it in the showroom will be the last time you will see it like that anyway however much you cosset it but to get it home and see it looking like any scruffy old car is  most distressing.

Bill D.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 6:57 PM, Bill Dawes said:

Hi Robert, you can't rely on absolute accuracy of timing with the app., mine was about two weeks or more in the build stage before it changed to left the factory. When I got that notification my car was actually already on its way as I found out with a bit of detective work on shipping movements. I knew it was in the country before I had an update from Lexus.

Pleased to say my UX is now at the dealers awaiting me to go and complete paperwork, holidays got in the way unfortunately but hope to have a lovely shiny new Lexus in the next week or so. Praying for a dry sunny day, hate picking up a new car when the weather is crap, the condition you see it in the showroom will be the last time you will see it like that anyway however much you cosset it but to get it home and see it looking like any scruffy old car is  most distressing.

Bill D.

Hi Bill, 

Just washed mine and looks same shine when I got it. Saying that I clean mine every week lol.

Kind regards, 

Darrell20220703_202653.thumb.jpg.838e9f84ae3d4dc9abc96629bb748f76.jpg

On 6/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, carboncopy said:

Wouldn't worry about it Rob. My NX was much the same, at least two weeks at that status. I would guess it will change to 'Left the Factory' any day now.

Hi Kevin - Just to say that I got the "being built" message on 24 May and got the "On its way message" today - 4 July.  I hope yours is 2 weeks ......

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, imagog said:

Hi Kevin - Just to say that I got the "being built" message on 24 May and got the "On its way message" today - 4 July.  I hope yours is 2 weeks ......

On 7/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, imagog said:

Progress Ian, when you say 'On it's way' is that 'Left the factory' or 'In Transit'? I think I didn't get anything between it leaving the factory and arriving at Portbury - could be here sooner than you think.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, Bill Dawes said:

Finally picking my UX Takumi up on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

7 months and a couple of days.

Bill D.

I hope that you enjoy the "New Car Day" tomorrow and perhaps crack open a shandy - after you've got home of course!

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 8:13 PM, Bill Dawes said:

Finally picking my UX Takumi up on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

7 months and a couple of days.

Bill D.

Congrats Bill , hope to see some pictures soon 👍

Ordered my FSport Premium Pack on Feb 19th, Lexus link has never moved off the Processing Order status yet the dealer reckons it will be delivered on August 15th. I await the outcome! Not holding my breath.

Ordered my fsport with premium plus pack and sunroof on 29th Jan, emailed to say it left factory on 29th June and dealer advised is due with them 18th Aug. Decided to wait til Sept though for the new plates. Not long now 🤞🏼

That's it, one beautiful UX Takumi Sonic Titanium sitting on my drive at long last.

I had a Nextbase 380GW dash cam fitted as well, anyone got one and how does it work.

Bill D.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

That's it, one beautiful UX Takumi Sonic Titanium sitting on my drive at long last.

I had a Nextbase 380GW dash cam fitted as well, anyone got one and how does it work.

Bill D.

Piccie not showing Billy !!😒😒😒We`ve all waited as long as you have to see the Vision of Loveliness.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 8:29 PM, Su145 said:

Ordered my FSport Premium Pack on Feb 19th, Lexus link has never moved off the Processing Order status yet the dealer reckons it will be delivered on August 15th. I await the outcome! Not holding my breath.

I ordered my Takumi on the same date, my status is the same as yours, but the dealer has no idea of delivery date!

Still finding things out on my UX, washing the car the other day I was cursing the poor design of the wipers that would not allow you to raise them out of the way as they hit the bonnet. Browsing my manual afterwards I came across the bit telliing me how to raise them part way up the screen so you could pull the out of the way.

Need to get to grips with the phone system next.

Incidentally we've all complained about people parking right next to you when there are loads of free spaces around. Only parked twice so far other than at home, one in Tesco, found a quiet spot only to come back and there was a car parked right alongside me leaving at least a dozen other spaces in that row. I always have a quick look round the car when that happens but found a scratch on the rear wing a couple of days later. You must have heard my teeth gnashing.

Bill D.

Yes sorry forgot, looking a bit of a mess at the moment, days of hot dusty weather then we had a very brief little shower, looks as if it's been sprayed with mud. Hoping to give it a wash tonight when it's cooled down a bit, promise to post some pics then.

Bill D.

Ordered my UX Premium Pack on Jan  12th and Lexus app and web site  has never moved off the Processing Order status. Been given some lame excuses by dealer, and advised that it’s not on the schedule to be built in July. All they would confirm is that it will have the upgrade on the infotainment system as a freebie when they finally get a build date sometime in August. Alternatively I could cancel and get deposit back. Current lead times for ordering now is build in Jan, delivery in April, so no real benefit. Decided to stick it out for now because I have a great deal, but patience is wearing thin.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links