Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shipping Time

11 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Exciting news Darrell.

Did you get a 'Left the factory' notification or was it a 'we are building your Lexus' to finding out it was almost here.

Mine to  was ordered on 6th Jan, I had the build email on 24the April but nothing further since then.

Maybe mine is on the same ship as yours, he says more in hope than expectation to be honest.

Regards

Bill D.

Hi Bill,

I don't have the app tracker thing. I was like Pawex where we are just getting updates from dealer.

I get an update every two week and I believe the 17th I will be signing all paperwork as picking up on 28th. I could pick up on 23rd but I'm working that day so thought might as well do it on weekend. Saying this I might get a sorry your car is late right before time but she sounded promising that it was gonna be ready on 23rd. I hope you also have gd news and get yours around same time. It does feel like a very long wait though. 

Kind regards,

Darrell

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

I seem to see differing reports about cars going to Derby or direct to dealers, did yours have to have extras fitted Kevin?

Bill D.

Hi Bill,

I did have extras to be fair, protection pack and tow bar. The car arrived with the protection pack but no tow bar. The dealer tells me this is quite common - rather than hold up delivery, they will release the car and send the parts on to the dealer to fit when they return to stock. He said that optional wheels often cause the biggest delays as they tend not to release the cars till they are fitted.

No idea if all cars go through Derby. I was lead to believe they did for final checks and to correct any transit damage. The dealer did tell me that they have no way of knowing the name of the ship and if you see how many car transporters come out of that port, good luck working it out lol It is easy to see which vessels are due at Portbury in the coming days (many of which call at Spain before reaching the UK). Despite some critical opinions of the app, mine has always appeared to be reasonably responsive - I often knew the score before the dealer - I guess they don't check every car avery day. I was really lucky, mine arrived a couple of days early at the dealer - about an hour before I turned up to finish off some paperwork with him, couldn't believe it when he asked me if I wanted to have a sit in my car.

Good luck,

Kev

• Like 2

Hi All,

Good news for me. My car is at the dealership and I pick it up on 22nd May. I could have picked it up Tuesday 17th May but unfortunately I am working that day. I'm guessing if anyone else has ordered around the 06th of January then theirs are probably not far away either. It's very exciting and earlier then expected. Feels like the wait was long but now its coming very fast.

Kind regards,

Darrell

Great news Darrell, mine was ordered on 6th Jan but no sign of it yet, latest I have from dealer is that it is still scheduled for end June for collection early July.

Guess my Takumi spec is holding it up.

Bill D.

2 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Great news Darrell, mine was ordered on 6th Jan but no sign of it yet, latest I have from dealer is that it is still scheduled for end June for collection early July.

Guess my Takumi spec is holding it up.

Bill D.

Hi Bill,

I bet yours is in uk 🇬🇧 and on way to dealership and will probably arrive in next few days. Reason I say this is I had same date as you 28th of month and it came early. I'm guessing it was on same ship. They say it depends on if someone picks it up and brings it to dealership on transporter. Mines was delivered to London lexus.

Hope you finally get good news soon.

Kind regards, 

Darrell 

• Like 1

My dealer is Lexus Bristol, now in Cribbs Causeway, (that big shopping centre just past the M4 turn down the M5) so about 10 miles from Portbury docks!

Still it's getting nearer, hope you are pleased with yours.

Looking forward to getting mine with a mixture of excitement and trepidation, I am always like that with a new car, even worse this time, it's the most expensive car I've ever bought, frightened to park it anywhere in case it gets damaged, parking spaces are impossibly narrow these days, I always try to find a spac that's surrounded by empty spaces, impossible I know in a busy car park but even when I do I very often find someone parked next to me, why do they do that?

Bill D.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

I always try to find a spac that's surrounded by empty spaces, impossible I know in a busy car park but even when I do I very often find someone parked next to me, why do they do that?

Bill D.

I know no matter how empty the car park is, when I come back to the car someone has felt the need to park right up against my drivers side. WHY!!!!

Hi All,

Paperwork all signed today for my new Lexus and picking up as scheduled on Sunday on my day off. I must say the customer care from Lexus has been top from start to finish. I hope thier aftercare is the same as now.

Kind regards, 

Darrell

ELVIS has left the room, well ok not Elvis but had email today stating my car has left the factory!!!

Still not really sure what this means, is it that the car literally just left the factory or is it at the docks or actually on a ship.

The reason I say this is because if you look at the App, the text that enlarges on the headings seems at odds with what the heading actually suggests, eg 'In transit' suggeststo me that  it is at sea but the text says almost ready to collect.

Anyway,another step closer.

And good news Darrell.

Bill D

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

ELVIS has left the room, well ok not Elvis but had email today stating my car has left the factory!!!

Still not really sure what this means, is it that the car literally just left the factory or is it at the docks or actually on a ship.

The reason I say this is because if you look at the App, the text that enlarges on the headings seems at odds with what the heading actually suggests, eg 'In transit' suggeststo me that  it is at sea but the text says almost ready to collect.

Anyway,another step closer.

And good news Darrell.

Bill D

This won't help much Bill lol - my car sat at Left the Factory for 3 to 4 weeks and, without any other change, went to In Transit Portbury. The near month at Derby was the most frustrating for me. As you say 'another step closer'.

Well to me 3 to 4 weeks suggest the car had been at sea for a couple of weeks.

Will have another go at seeing if I can find a vehicle carrier ship that's just left or about to leave  port.

Would be great if they told us what ship and times, not everybody wants to do that of course. I'm a bit forensic about such detail.

Bill D.

23 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

Well to me 3 to 4 weeks suggest the car had been at sea for a couple of weeks.

Will have another go at seeing if I can find a vehicle carrier ship that's just left or about to leave  port.

Would be great if they told us what ship and times, not everybody wants to do that of course. I'm a bit forensic about such detail.

Bill D.

TOYOFUJI MARU NO.2, TRANS HARMONY 1 & THEMIS LEADER all alongside what I think may be the Toyota berth right now lol All still got
Nagoya set as destination. AUTOSUN due at Portbury tomorrow - good luck lol

25 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

Thanks Kevin, where did you get that info from?

Bill D.

Most of it from Marinetraffic.com Bill. Google maps suggests that a certain area at Nagoya is the Toyota Quay so I just watched vehicle carriers that berth there. Not much help to be fair as they stop at other ports enroute so the destination of the ships is never set to Portbury. If you click on the anchor at Portbury you can see which vessels are due in the coming days and clicking the ships name in that list tells you what type of vessel it is, just a bit of fun to be honest. Autosun and Grande Napoli at Portbury right now.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just to make things more complicated I was told mine was in build mode now and 4 weeks later was told its at my dealership ready for collection so I wouldn't pay attention to the app as apparently its not accurate. Hope this helps and maybe it will be a suprise if it turns up early.

Kind regards,

Darrell

• Like 2

So finally ordered one today. MY23 in celestial blue. Expected delivery around September (4 months), apparently production of the new vehicles starts in early July, so late August -if super lucky- is not out of the question.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Thanks Darrell, not long to go for yours now.

Bill D

Hi Bill  

Yes very excited 4 days and counting 😀. Hopefully yours will come soon.

Kind regards, 

Darrell 

Lexus website gone weird again, my car now back to showing in build, not left factory in accordance with email I had a few days ago. Lexus really do need to get information process sorted out. perhaps they need to appoint a 'Takumi' to apply their forensic attention to detail to look at the Lexus publicity machine.

Bill D.

How do you guys track your cars, I only have an order number but cannot figure out 

1. How to add the car to the app (Lexuslink)

• It asks for Reg No, Vin No, scan QR code

It does not let me add any other way?

R

48 minutes ago, RRM said:

How do you guys track your cars, I only have an order number but cannot figure out 

R

As far as I recall the app is linked to your order via your email address. You have to register the app using the same email address that your dealer used when placing the order.

4 hours ago, RRM said:

R

Just to make you aware mine for some reason wasn't able to track through the lexus site. I had to get updates from dealership which to be fair they lady updated me every two week.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links