Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MattDH

Hi all,

Recently got myself a 2007 SE IS250 and was wondering if there's any newer map updates available? I believe I need to update it via disc but can only find a link to a disc update from 2018 maps. Any links to newer map versions would be greatly appreciated, or if I'm out of luck and 2018 is the last iteration.

Cheers

Matt

Even if you got a map as up to date as yesterday you'll still be running it on a 14 year old operating system that is clunky, slow and counter-intuitive because map updates are just that, not software updates.

A much better idea is to just use your phone and use Google Maps, Waze (both of which have free and frequent updates) or Sygic - all of which are a gazillion times better than the abysmal Lexus factory nav system.

• Like 3

Sadly above is true, with no work or worries any smartphone will be 10 times better in any imaginable aspect rendering map updates kind of pointless. 

I know this is not answering the question on when ever there are never maps, but maybe explain general cold feeling towards this topic. 

Firstly, my Garmin updates are free and quarterly.  And the system is far superior to the clunky Lexus offering.

Out of curiosity, however, I thought about updating my 2015 Premier.  The first searches told my that my model was no longer supported.  However, if your mind is set upon it, I did eventually get a solution from Lexus Europe which did lead me to the most current update for 165 Euro - on a MicroSD card, in my case.

I discovered that the mistake I'd been making was to give the search page too much information.  This is the method that proved successful, from the Lexus Centre in Belgium.

First, go to:  https://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

• Click on Check Coverage
  • Select IS250
  • Select system - in my case it was Premium Navigation (13MM).
  • Click on “I do not know my partnumber or disk-id”
  • Select region Europe+Russia and click on next
  • Click on the shopping basket

It may now be posssible for you to order your map update...if you so wish.

I might have been tempted, but for 165 Euro when I always use the Garmin, it just didn't seem worth it.

You may feel differently...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2007 model would have old CD updates, because it was before the sat-nav had HDD. I really don't believe CD/DVD updates are supported anymore, or if 2018 maps are even compatible/genuine.

Besides one can fit whole new unit with android auto and google maps and everything for ~£250-£350, so paying 165EUR just for maps update doesn't sound that great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Besides one can fit whole new unit with android auto and google maps and everything for ~£250-£350, so paying 165EUR just for maps update doesn't sound that great.

This sounds an interesting option Linus.

Would you happen to have any details?  

I personally have got the 2017-18 DVD (E1G) version in my 2007 IS but it is the 2005 (approx) Designed Operating System that lets its down with its low resolution graphics and limited touch screen options.

Even though I have installed the Grom VL2, it is not without its glitches and at £500+ Not cheap and sometimes I still use my TomTom Professional 6000 going to new work destinations.

3 hours ago, LenT said:

This sounds an interesting option Linus.

Would you happen to have any details?  

Yes - just google "Lexus IS250 Android Sat-Nav" and there are many options that pop-up e.g.  something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324768903952

I have no affiliation with above and I don't even know if it is any good, but what I know for sure - it will be many times better than existing Sat-Nav, it will obviously going to have full phone integration, Android auto, latest maps from Google-Maps etc. etc. One must be carefull to make sure it is compatible as there are different model required for ML, non-ML, and car without sat-nav. They come in many different shapes and forms and functionality sets as well. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the replies. I've taken the decision to get the Grom Vline2 Lex5 as a way to use Maps via Android Auto. This will actually give me more functionality like connecting via Bluetooth and using steering wheel controls to change songs etc. Many thanks for your time 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links