Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seriously considering a ISF

This got my curious as i'm based in the greater manchester region, the insurance quote I got back was less than the RS4, so its certainly cheaper to insure. For comparison a M3 was almost £300 more! M3 / RS4 are proper theft magnets, I don't see ISF being a theft magnet it literally stays under the radar and insurance prices reflect that.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 10:52 AM, scott-o said:

I had a 58 plate one as a 'do it all daily' type car and didn't intend to sell it to be honest but a GR Yaris cancellation popped up very suddenly so I went for that. They are fantastic cars and do it all very well, I found it relatively cheap to run overall (servicing, discs/ pads, even overall mpg for a 5.0 V8). 

I used to take mine out in the north Pennines for a hoon and the suspension coped with the lumpy bumpy b roads very well, much better than any other daily I'd had to that point. Lots complain about the ride quality of the earlier cars but I never felt it was an issue, quite the opposite. The engine is awesome, I loved it and the fact it was auto didn't detract at all. It blended in great too, I got no negative attention in mine, the same can't be said for people I know with m3's/ c63's etc.

The car would very rarely slip an inside wheel either and would wag the back end quite easily powering out of junctions or bends. The lsd in the facelift cars is just a torsen anyway, you'd be better fitting a Cusco (or other) proper diff in the long run if you were that way inclined. 

If you've been into your Honda's and have the taste of the BMW, the ISF is almost like a nice mix of the best between the two. 

Some great feedback, I came across your thread on pistonheads and your ISF pictures on the Pennine moors, certainly roads I go to every few months. Appreciate your feedback and your comments on a nice mix between the two was what I had in my mind. Cant wait to experience a ISF.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BTCC_ Racer said:

Some great feedback, I came across your thread on pistonheads and your ISF pictures on the Pennine moors, certainly roads I go to every few months. Appreciate your feedback and your comments on a nice mix between the two was what I had in my mind. Cant wait to experience a ISF.

Hope you get one and I look forward to seeing it out in the Pennines in that case! 

• Like 1

Wanted to pick fellow members brains on what the driving position of the ISF is like, say compared to a M3 of the E90 generation? or maybe some other comparisons? Can it improved? Im fussy on driving positions etc... I found the driving position of the RS4 a touch high floaty.

Also anyone kind of enough to take me out for a passenger ride? Happy to pay for fuel as these monsters like a good drink.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, BTCC_ Racer said:

Wanted to pick fellow members brains on what the driving position of the ISF is like, say compared to a M3 of the E90 generation? or maybe some other comparisons? Can it improved? Im fussy on driving positions etc... I found the driving position of the RS4 a touch high floaty.

Also anyone kind of enough to take me out for a passenger ride? Happy to pay for fuel as these monsters like a good drink.

Thanks

Sorry I’m in the Essex area, I’ve had an e36 M3 a long time ago, tbh I’ve had mine for 7 years n prior to that the IS250-sel, same layout but different cars, had that for 5 years, I drove a mate F-type 5ltr s/c jag and found that to be extremely floating feeling, the ISF is far more hunkered down to the point of feeling like the tarmac is being thrown out the back of the car, a friend has the C63 V8 but said the ISF feels more powerful OR better at putting the power down, the V8 M3 that followed the e36 (don’t know the E number) is terrible compared to the F, raspy n slow side by side, possibly better on the track BUT the majority of any cars life is highway driving……. The latter ISF has a different steering ECU and I’ve a friend who’s had an 08 and a 2010 (2011 spec car) and said the feedback are poles apart……. Any car is a tough buy without an extremely good test drive BUT I personally wouldn’t go back to BMW or Mercedes, except where a daily estate is needed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Sorry I’m in the Essex area, I’ve had an e36 M3 a long time ago, tbh I’ve had mine for 7 years n prior to that the IS250-sel, same layout but different cars, had that for 5 years, I drove a mate F-type 5ltr s/c jag and found that to be extremely floating feeling, the ISF is far more hunkered down to the point of feeling like the tarmac is being thrown out the back of the car, a friend has the C63 V8 but said the ISF feels more powerful OR better at putting the power down, the V8 M3 that followed the e36 (don’t know the E number) is terrible compared to the F, raspy n slow side by side, possibly better on the track BUT the majority of any cars life is highway driving……. The latter ISF has a different steering ECU and I’ve a friend who’s had an 08 and a 2010 (2011 spec car) and said the feedback are poles apart……. Any car is a tough buy without an extremely good test drive BUT I personally wouldn’t go back to BMW or Mercedes, except where a daily estate is needed.

Thank you for the feedback, great to get an insight. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links