Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purchase Advice for new car

Yup it defo been repainted.

Not sure about bubble will check in the morning.

Trim yes it's not aligned as it's sticking up on rear passenger door, I did try to push I down but it doesn't stay.

A little gutted but it can be resprayed so not end of the world.

Drove it 430 miles home, flawless car not disappointed by the performance or cvt transmission or noise. 

But one more nasty surprise as I went to use cruise control only to find it wasn't there!! For some reason it's been cut and remove.  Again not the end of the world as it an easy fix, locally scrappy has a car on stock so will salavage from that, but still bewildering.

PXL_20220116_204529858.jpg

Looks like your looking in to things...assume you didn't purchase from a lexus main dealer as you wouldn't expect things to pass their checks...hopefully you got the car for a good price to get things sorted...cruise control stalk missing looks slightly disturbing ..

Good luck with your discussion, hopefully you have some form of recourse to get things sorted.

The cruise control missing stalk is a puzzler unless it's simply been accidentally snapped off then not replaced?

Some car manufacturers do have reliability issues with cruise, VAG being one of them but Toyota /Lexus are very robust...

Do you know if your car has RADAR cruise as standard as something may have happened at the front of your car and sensor not replaced which I know can be expensive...

It's worth checking spec and the front of your car to double check all ok as the missing stalk could open the can of worms.....

Is the garage a mainstream reputable and got good reviews or is it more of an independent ?

No it doesn't have radar cruise. Other than spec is there a way to check? Radar is usually a black square on the front of the car isn't it?

Quality control seems odd but everything these days is flimsy plastic who knows.  I never had issue with the stick on my is250. Quite well could be the last owner broke it and never bothered to replace it due to cost.  £138 on lexus parts direct website. 

It was an independent garage, the reviews were ok, I always check reviews before proceeding with the car.  The refurbished the wheels last week. As they were all scruffed.  I'm hoping they will still be honarable despite have concluded the sale.

Cannot help with the sensor location, I was under the impression it was behind the badge but that may only be applicable to facelift 2017 onwards.

In relation to your purchase/transaction you have rights, see the following

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/105951/your-rights-when-buying-a-used-car%3famp

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Looks like you're sure the door has been resprayed but I was going to mention that every metal panel, including bonnet and boot, has a VIN sticker. If a respray is done by a Lexus dealer they should replace the VIN sticker; if done elsewhere they may not bother. So absence of a VIN sticker probably indicates a respray. Is yours missing or painted over? It should be on the inner rim, visible when the door is open.

Hi

I know it is too late but I had a test drive in the Hybrid and did not like the CVT or the engine power characteristics. Maybe I am old fashioned but I love the 200T. The eight speed auto and the turbo boost just add that character that I like. The 200T is also quiet at sensible speeds and faster than both the 300H and the 250.

The F-sport 200T has the same auto gearbox, wheels ( sizes )  and similar interior to the IsF.

Mind you the IsF is a joy to drive, but so is the 200T - in a different way maybe😼.

I also got a loan fully electric car when the IsF was in for a service. It just left me cold wondering where was the drama and experience of driving?

It was fairly quick though. I think it was  some kind of SUV thing, can't remember the model.

Big cat - Copy.JPG

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GMB said:

Hi

I know it is too late but I had a test drive in the Hybrid and did not like the CVT or the engine power characteristics. Maybe I am old fashioned but I love the 200T. The eight speed auto and the turbo boost just add that character that I like. The 200T is also quiet at sensible speeds and faster than both the 300H and the 250.

The F-sport 200T has the same auto gearbox, wheels ( sizes )  and similar interior to the IsF.

Mind you the IsF is a joy to drive, but so is the 200T - in a different way maybe😼.

I also got a loan fully electric car when the IsF was in for a service. It just left me cold wondering where was the drama and experience of driving?

It was fairly quick though. I think it was  some kind of SUV thing, can't remember the model.

Big cat - Copy.JPG

BTW forgot to mention that our cat has the lexus badge on her face but it is the wrong way round.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Hi

Big cat - Copy.JPG

Oh i love it... i did fear i would be disappointed having had the IS250 for the last 9 years.. but i have seen the light 😄  I was tossing between the 200t and 300h but im glad i went with 300h... im sure the 200t would be a blast to drive.  

3 hours ago, agent_dess said:

Oh i love it... i did fear i would be disappointed having had the IS250 for the last 9 years.. but i have seen the light 😄  I was tossing between the 200t and 300h but im glad i went with 300h... im sure the 200t would be a blast to drive.  

Yes they are both excellent cars. The 300h makes a lot more sense nowadays. We took one for a drive last year and it was our first experience of a Lexus. They really are a cut above the rest. I am certain that you will be impressed and happy with it.

We saw Fifth gear last night and Jason Plato absolutely slated the Lexus on test because it knew he was abusing it and it would not let him, so It protected itself by cutting the power. He did not like that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GMB said:

Yes they are both excellent cars. The 300h makes a lot more sense nowadays. We took one for a drive last year and it was our first experience of a Lexus. They really are a cut above the rest. I am certain that you will be impressed and happy with it.

We saw Fifth gear last night and Jason Plato absolutely slated the Lexus on test because it knew he was abusing it and it would not let him, so It protected itself by cutting the power. He did not like that.

Just waiting now for all the annoyed electric/hybrid owners to shoot me down in flames just 'cos I am stuck in the mud with old gutsy engines.

• Haha 1

IS 300 is making me sound more good with its horsepower and safety system, but if you are asking about IS 200 as compared to IS 250 you are taking your cost up.  The models are close in features with some modifications.

• Like 1

Thanks James  She looks good with the correct badge now, but what about the rear?

She is the Lexus puSS 500 sports model. Very good acceleration, cornering and top speed when chasing rabbits and mice etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, gb1600e said:

@agent_dessI was wondering if you got the door repainted by you dealer or anyone else or sorted the mystery of the missing cruise control. Hope things worrying out to your satisfaction.

Yep door has been respayed back to original colour I still need to sort out the door trim, will look at it tomorrow to see why it's not aligned with front passenger door.

Yep cruise control sorted too, I fitted it the other day.  There is a post of it in the general forum, with quick guide and some photos of how I did it.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/131795-cruise-control-stalk/

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links