Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2022 RX450h delivery times

13 minutes ago, Barry7 said:

I would have bought a newer RX but just could not live with that terrible track pad set up.(Two test drives, one for an hour

The current RX has a touchscreen as well as the trackpad.

8 minutes ago, Barry7 said:

No thanks tried a brand new one didn't like it, but the NX system was wonderful.

Apologies, I thought all current RX had touchscreen as well as trackpad. I didn’t realise some still only had the trackpad which is clearly a deal breaker for those that either don’t like it or can’t get on with it. Assume touchscreen comes further up the spec range?

28 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Apologies, I thought all current RX had touchscreen as well as trackpad. I didn’t realise some still only had the trackpad which is clearly a deal breaker for those that either don’t like it or can’t get on with it. Assume touchscreen comes further up the spec range?

2020 model year onward all have a 12 inch touch screen in all models as far as I know, as well as the track pad.  

Paul

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PDM said:

2020 model year onward all have a 12 inch touch screen in all models as far as I know, as well as the track pad.  

Paul

And RX has two data enabled usb ports! I just read on another thread that the new NX only has one, and I was amazed. All the other usb connections are charging only apparently. This means if you want to use Android auto (via a cable, as the wireless version does not work on UK models for some reason) you cannot also have a usb stick, and vice versa.  They must be counting on everyone doing music streaming from their phone?  Or using an Iphone? Or perhaps using a memory stick for music is too old school these days!

Paul

7 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Well, insurance group (+10) , size not so problematic,however you can feel the weight when steering in corners and the biggest let down for me - MPG/consumption. However the rumble of the V6 was amazing.

At the end that are almost the same price ( RX450h Sport premium edition with the 8000 GBP dealers discount and the NX350h F sport with panroof).

I hope this helps. 

I did a test drive in an NX450h+ a few weeks ago and the ride and handling were really superb - it certainly handled better than my RX and i agree about the feeling of weight.  I guess the 350 should handle even better than the 450 without the weight of the plugin Battery.

Hope you enjoy the NX when it arrives!

Paul

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Barry7 said:

I am making the same move. Having had a test drive in the NX450h I really liked it, I found the acceleration so much better than the RX and the overtaking pace far better. 

I would have bought a newer RX but just could not live with that terrible track pad set up.(Two test drives, one for an hour the other for over four hours) I found my 10 year old system way better than that, and the new NX system is fantastic.

Having had seven years in the RX it is a tough decision but as the new RX is possibly two years away, the time has come, and as the V6 engine is going I may not return.

I didn't find the NX that much smaller, and with all the toys to play with who cares?

Agree about the acceleration and the new infotainment system, the RX one is so positively archaic that I’ve not used the satnav for the past 2 years!

Handling wise, I’ve never had a problem with my RX FSport, just switch to customised mode where I have the AVS set to stiffen the suspension and I find it fine on the twisty B roads around where we live.

Really like the V6 in the RX, same basic engine as in my Lotus Evora minus Lotus ECU and supercharger

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Agree about the acceleration and the new infotainment system, the RX one is so positively archaic that I’ve not used the satnav for the past 2 years!

I need to have a proper poke around the new NX when I’m next at Swindon. From what I’ve seen - possibly without enough information - only the Takumi spec NX has the really big central screen. The others all have a screen much like that in the RX, and you’d assume almost everybody uses either apple CarPlay or Android Auto, which means the screen layout looks exactly the same in new NX and current RX. 

I’m assuming I’m missing something. Both are touch screen, and using apple CarPlay as I do they look identical. What extra clever malarkey does the NX offer? Importantly, is it useful?

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I’m assuming I’m missing something. Both are touch screen, and using Apple CarPlay as I do they look identical. What extra clever malarkey does the NX offer? Importantly, is it useful?

The bigger screen is included in the premium plus pack and standard on F Sport & Takumi

I’m not familiar with the latest tech in the RX but the speed of reaction on the latest NX offering is instantaneous. The navigation system also works in real time and I was surprised that, when we had the car for a couple of hours, even though the navigation wasn’t set it warned me of an impending traffic jam ahead on the road that I was travelling along at that time. (Although I’m coming from a low base, it doesn’t take much to be impressed when one is used to the 2018 RX system)

I’m with you on the CarPlay point, I’ve said for the past 5 years that CarPlay capability is really what manufactures’ only need to consider rather than questionable dated in car SatNav systems, the maps on which are usually out of date before you buy the car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RXtoNX said:

I’m not familiar with the latest tech in the RX but the speed of reaction on the latest NX offering is instantaneous.

Yes, as it is on the latest RX. I suspect that when they upgraded the RX infotainment to include the touchscreen they used either the same or similar software to that in the new NX. No idea if that’s correct or not - it’s just a theory - but yes, RX using CarPlay touchscreen responds immediately to any inputs and the screen layout is exactly the same as the new NX. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I need to have a proper poke around the new NX when I’m next at Swindon. From what I’ve seen - possibly without enough information - only the Takumi spec NX has the really big central screen. The others all have a screen much like that in the RX, and you’d assume almost everybody uses either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, which means the screen layout looks exactly the same in new NX and current RX. 

I’m assuming I’m missing something. Both are touch screen, and using Apple CarPlay as I do they look identical. What extra clever malarkey does the NX offer? Importantly, is it useful?

I had a play with the new infotainment in a test drive and need more time to figure out the differences, but a lot looked more familiar than I expected.  It does have some extra features, including driver profiles... this is an extension of the concept of each driver having seat/mirror positions stored to a key and looked pretty cool.

Paul

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Yes, as it is on the latest RX. I suspect that when they upgraded the RX infotainment to include the touchscreen they used either the same or similar software to that in the new NX. No idea if that’s correct or not - it’s just a theory - but yes, RX using CarPlay touchscreen responds immediately to any inputs and the screen layout is exactly the same as the new NX. 

and the maps are all new...

3 minutes ago, PDM said:

and the maps are all new...

I’m actually a bit surprised manufacturers bother with map software any more. I would have thought the majority of people simply use apple CarPlay or Android Auto when the option is there.

On 2/14/2022 at 3:08 PM, First_Lexus said:

I’m actually a bit surprised manufacturers bother with map software any more. I would have thought the majority of people simply use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto when the option is there.

Well its funny you say that 

Lexus didnt bother putting sat nav in the UX300e unless you go for Takumi. It comes with android auto and apple carplay as standard though.

The reviewers, as you can imagine were all over this but in reality, it makes no difference to the functionality of the car!

• Like 1

Agree regarding apple car play or Android becoming the main driver touchscreen interface. I had a good discussion with the Salesman prior to placing my RX order regarding how the situation is rapidly changing, if in future Lexus will scale back involvement in maps and other software that are best left to Apple/Google.

Anyway update on my RX order. Car build is complete and Left Factory. So that is just over 1 month after Order placement.

• Like 2

Hello

I have just joined the forum and it was interesting reading the above thread. 

I went with great enthusiasm to test drive the NX, both the SOWMBO and I came away very underwhelmed and a little disappointed. Some great tech on the car which we would probably use once to play with then not bother with again, we found it cramped and  the ride very "Average".  Please do not misunderstand me a lovely car but not for us especially at £50K +

The sales man was very concerned at our comments and offered us a test drive in an RX, upon returning to the dealer we ordered an F Sport there and then, with a few extras. I guess it is what you are used to we came from a  Land Rover Discovery so the RX is probably a good match for us,  looking for many years of trouble free motoring which will be a nice change. 

Great forum by the way.

Joolz

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jdr0-3 said:

Hello

I have just joined the forum and it was interesting reading the above thread. 

I went with great enthusiasm to test drive the NX, both the SOWMBO and I came away very underwhelmed and a little disappointed. Some great tech on the car which we would probably use once to play with then not bother with again, we found it cramped and  the ride very "Average".  Please do not misunderstand me a lovely car but not for us especially at £50K +

The sales man was very concerned at our comments and offered us a test drive in an RX, upon returning to the dealer we ordered an F Sport there and then, with a few extras. I guess it is what you are used to we came from a  Land Rover Discovery so the RX is probably a good match for us,  looking for many years of trouble free motoring which will be a nice change. 

Great forum by the way.

Joolz

It’s funny. I’ve owned two NX (previous model) and loved them both. Previously I’d been a bit underwhelmed by the RX when used as a courtesy car, but when I was given one for a few days I really started to appreciate how good it was.

Only had mine since November, but am really impressed. I genuinely didn’t think the NX I had could be bettered, but it has been. The RX is a fabulous machine - it may not have the most up to date tech, but as you say a lot of that is used once as a novelty and not again. apple Car Play and a touchscreen really bought RX up to date (well, almost) and I guess that’s good enough for the majority of owners and potential owners.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 7:47 AM, HarryK said:

I Ordered mine in Dec 2021, Initial delivery date May 2022. Sales guy phone this week and updated me expected delivery end of March 2022. Let see if there is any further updates. Currently the status on the Link app its in production.

Update: Car has been built and left Tokyo factory on route to UK. Expected in UK end of  March, at show room mid April.

Now I need to decide which alarm system to get installed Ghost or  Pandora before I take delivery. I don’t want this car to pinched again.

Any thoughts?

7 hours ago, HarryK said:

Now I need to decide which alarm system to get installed Ghost or  Pandora before I take delivery. I don’t want this car to pinched again.

How was it pinched, was the smart key duplicated?

If so just keep your keys in a Faraday cage.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 7:47 AM, HarryK said:

I Ordered mine in Dec 2021, Initial delivery date May 2022. Sales guy phone this week and updated me expected delivery end of March 2022. Let see if there is any further updates. Currently the status on the Link app its in production.

Fiddled left side of wheel behind the lights. Unlocked the car and drove off.

keys in the pouch. Still a mystery.

i have now bought box a from https://www.theftblock.com

better than any amazon product.

Any thoughts on Ghost or Pandora?

• 2 weeks later...

I’m quite happy with that actually, I think I would prefer my RX to come from Japan!
Thanks for that Stephen, are you pleased with your RX, or is the track pad a big issue 🤔 that seems to be a major turn off for some members?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 8:14 PM, larryadler said:

I’m quite happy with that actually, I think I would prefer my RX to come from Japan!
Thanks for that Stephen, are you pleased with your RX, or is the track pad a big issue 🤔 that seems to be a major turn off for some members?

If you don’t like the trackpad, simply use the touchscreen instead…

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 11:17 PM, HarryK said:

Fiddled left side of wheel behind the lights. Unlocked the car and drove off.

keys in the pouch. Still a mystery.

i have now bought box a from https://www.theftblock.com

better than any Amazon product.

Any thoughts on Ghost or Pandora?

Update:

Car has arrived at my local Showroom, installing nexus dash cam front and rear. Car will be ready for me to pick up in 2 weeks after my hols. Ghost Installation order to be install on the day with Scorpion tracker.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links