Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2022 RX450h delivery times

I am currently in the middle of squeezing the best possible deal and I was told the delivery times are approximately May - July , if ordered tomorrow, subject to change for sure.

Have you recently ordered the last V6 powered RX?

• Haha 1

I Ordered mine in Dec 2021, Initial delivery date May 2022. Sales guy phone this week and updated me expected delivery end of March 2022. Let see if there is any further updates. Currently the status on the Link app its in production.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi there.

I just had a test drive of RX450h . I am amazed. I could not get above 30 MPG ,however the ride was great - stiff enough,yet nice and refined. The V6 rumble upon acceleration was different ( nicer) compared to 2.5 R4 engine they use in NX.

Now I have to make the decision.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Hi there.

I just had a test drive of RX450h . I am amazed. I could not get above 30 MPG ,however the ride was great - stiff enough,yet nice and refined. The V6 rumble upon acceleration was different ( nicer) compared to 2.5 R4 engine they use in NX.

If it's of any use a few years ago I had to make a decision between a XK8 or XKR. Had I chosen the former I just know every time I saw an R on the road it would've been " now I wish I had........... 😭

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Hi there.

I routinely get 33-34mpg on the motorway at 70mph.  I also do a lot of driving, er start/stop/queuing, in London, so my average per tank at present is about 29mpg.  This does improve in warmer weather.  The V6 rumble is nice...  At 70mph the engine feels to be almost at idle!

Oh, this is very encouraging. 

I am usually quite good with the consumption, however I am driving a diesel car.

I guess I need to use a different approach here - as the above mentioned pulse & glide I guess.

Before starting with exotic experiments try driving gently in eco mode making long brakings when you see you have to stop using a predictive style: it's more than sufficient to achieve good mpg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zotto said:

With some attention and light foot 42 mpg can be obtained. My average in summer is 38 and in winter time is 33.5

Agreed, that’s what I’ve achieved (within a decimal point) over 4+years and 36,000 miles of mixed driving.

However, re your other post, I stopped using Eco mode after the first few months, I found that my best consumption was in normal mode.

11 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Agreed, that’s what I’ve achieved (within a decimal point) over 4+years and 36,000 miles of mixed driving.

However, re your other post, I stopped using Eco mode after the first few months, I found that my best consumption was in normal mode.

This is not bad at all, especially for a petrol V6 and 2.2 tons weight.

17 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Me too, when you are accustomed to look at power meter it's better using normal mode.

Well I’m moving from the RX to an NX450h & tbh I’m not 100% sure about the move, mainly because the NX feels so much smaller inside.

We don’t need the space anymore & the wife has always found the RX a little too large so head says it’s the right thing to do but the heart is still with the RX😉

• Like 3

14 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Thank you all. Moving forums ,guys. Just ordered NX350h F sport Azure blue with red leather interior. Now we wait.

What swung the decision in the end @mitadoc?

Plenty of current RX owners will likely be looking at the new NX as an option. I would be interested to know how you came to your final decision.

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

What swung the decision in the end @mitadoc?

Plenty of current RX owners will likely be looking at the new NX as an option. I would be interested to know how you came to your final decision.

Well, insurance group (+10) , size not so problematic,however you can feel the weight when steering in corners and the biggest let down for me - MPG/consumption. However the rumble of the V6 was amazing.

At the end that are almost the same price ( RX450h Sport premium edition with the 8000 GBP dealers discount and the NX350h F sport with panroof).

I hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Well, insurance group (+10) , size not so problematic,however you can feel the weight when steering in corners and the biggest let down for me - MPG/consumption. However the rumble of the V6 was amazing.

At the end that are almost the same price ( RX450h Sport premium edition with the 8000 GBP dealers discount and the NX350h F sport with panroof).

I hope this helps. 

Yes, interesting. Thanks @mitadoc

Personally fuel economy isn’t an issue as I don’t do enough miles for the difference to be material. Over the 8000 miles I’ll do annually, the cost will be about £1550 in an RX and £1250 in an NX350h - so perhaps £1000 over three years. I’m happy to pay that, but everybody has different priorities. That, along side the fact that I was offered the RX at over £100per month cheaper than the new NX on a PCP (no discounts on the NX in October when I ordered and 1.9% vs 4.9% interest) and it was a simple decision for me.

Good luck with the NX. It does look a lovely car, and is likely to be my next Lexus in 3-4 years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Yes, interesting. Thanks @mitadoc

Personally fuel economy isn’t an issue as I don’t do enough miles for the difference to be material. Over the 8000 miles I’ll do annually, the cost will be about £1550 in an RX and £1250 in an NX350h - so perhaps £1000 over three years. I’m happy to pay that, but everybody has different priorities. That, along side the fact that I was offered the RX at over £100per month cheaper than the new NX on a PCP (no discounts on the NX in October when I ordered and 1.9% vs 4.9% interest) and it was a simple decision for me.

Good luck with the NX. It does look a lovely car, and is likely to be my next Lexus in 3-4 years.

I do at least 12 000 miles per year.

21 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Well I’m moving from the RX to an NX450h & tbh I’m not 100% sure about the move, mainly because the NX feels so much smaller inside.

We don’t need the space anymore & the wife has always found the RX a little too large so head says it’s the right thing to do but the heart is still with the RX😉

I am making the same move. Having had a test drive in the NX450h I really liked it, I found the acceleration so much better than the RX and the overtaking pace far better. 

I would have bought a newer RX but just could not live with that terrible track pad set up.(Two test drives, one for an hour the other for over four hours) I found my 10 year old system way better than that, and the new NX system is fantastic.

Having had seven years in the RX it is a tough decision but as the new RX is possibly two years away, the time has come, and as the V6 engine is going I may not return.

I didn't find the NX that much smaller, and with all the toys to play with who cares?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links