Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vegan Leather Seats (Tahara)

Chrisfes

Generally damp MF cloth, but if you need extra cleaning power then standard leather/vinyl cleaners. I quite like Dodo Juice Supernatural leather cleaner + sealant. Depending on how dirty they are just spray it and us MF or if needs agitating then soft bristle leather brush. Just make sure not to use leather creams/conditioners and similar products, because there is no need to "nourish" what is basically plastic ("vegan leather").

• Thanks 1

Swissvax leather cleaner. Although not leather in a Premium Edition any cleaner that can be agitated to a foamy lather with a bristle brush and then wiped clean with a clean micro fibre cloth will remove all dirt. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would second the use of Dodo Juice Supernatural - use with a brush and it works wonders (keeps your steering wheel nice and matt as well). You probably don't need the sealant as well to be honest but you don't need to use it that much. Have used in the ES with the cream leather and the CT before that with the white leather...

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hello group!

i just cleaned my seats (cream colour) 2 days ago,everything ok but on driver seat lombar part there is some Dye from my jeans i think Which doesnt go off. I wipe and i wipe till the colour of my seat was on the towel but the dye still there. 😔😔😔 anyone knows what can i do???? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, AndrewLast said:

there is some Dye from my jeans i think Which doesnt go off

There are various products which claim to remove dye from leather, but I think you may end up doing more harm than good unless it's a very obvious mark. Even if you can remove it completely are you going to change your attire for driving, if not it will be an ongoing problem.

4 hours ago, AndrewLast said:

Hello group!

i just cleaned my seats (cream colour) 2 days ago,everything ok but on driver seat lombar part there is some Dye from my jeans i think Which doesnt go off. I wipe and i wipe till the colour of my seat was on the towel but the dye still there. 😔😔😔 anyone knows what can i do???? Thanks. 

Oh dear

Leather cleaning shouldnt need any vigorous rubbing. Likely its rubbed the clear topcoat off the leather. Ideally just needs spraying with leather cleaner, very light agitation with a leather brush and then removal with damp cloth. Finally seal the leather. Nothing else is required including rubbing

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 3:04 PM, AndrewLast said:

Hello group!

I would suggest having a look at the Furniture Clinic website.  They do a leather repair paint/colourant. They will colour match if they have the required colour in stock, or can match from a sample. It's a simple application, just wipe on with a sponge and allow to dry, and will likely cover the stain. Will also cover small creases.  I've used it on a previous car with ivory seats, and my current one with pale grey, and been very happy with the results.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:47 PM, AndrewLast said:

I tried that using a brush but didnt go off so thats why i used a cloth 😤😤😤😤

Its very difficult to get dye from jeans out of leather. There are some dye remover products out there but generally speaking once its there, its there, hence why light leather needs to be sealed immediately before using

On 7/12/2022 at 3:04 PM, AndrewLast said:

Hello group!

I have successfully used this product to remove dye transfer from nappa leather seats

GT14-Solvent-Cleaner.jpg

https://gliptoneeurope.com/product/safety-solvent-cleaner/

Take these (and similar) off your pants if not wanting to destroy the seats; do not know why they are on in the first place:

image.thumb.png.6993ab9b627c1c11bc3da9191505f8fe.png
Also wash jeans in more than 60 degrees Celsius at least once when new to get off excessive colour from factory off, my wife told me so; a little chlorine in the water helps to remove excess color.

We have black synthetic perforated whatever the material is in our car and 6 year old it still look new.

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Also wash jeans in more than 60 degrees Celsius at least once when new to get off excessive colour from factory off, my wife told me so; a little chlorine in the water helps to remove excess color.

We have black synthetic perforated whatever the material is in our car and 6 year old it still look new.

I think you may be right about washing at 60 degrees,  as I wash all my clothes at that temperature and have never had jeans stain my seats. I wear jeans all the time and last four cars have had very light coloured seats.

9 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Take these (and similar) off your pants if not wanting to destroy the seats; do not know why they are on in the first place:

image.thumb.png.6993ab9b627c1c11bc3da9191505f8fe.png

Does Lexus use the same quality Takara  throughout the entire range? If your seats are looking like new after 6 years, that’s very impressive. Is this on an ES300?
3 of my previous Volvos with leather seats showed creases and cracks almost immediately. The driver’s seat after 6 years was terrible.   I thought Volvo were known for some of the best seats in the business. Haven’t been a great lover of leather seats since.
Hope Lexus leather holds up better than Volvo.

11 minutes ago, Kozzie said:

Does Lexus use the same quality Takara  throughout the entire range? If your seats are looking like new after 6 years, that’s very impressive. Is this on an ES300?
3 of my previous Volvos with leather seats showed creases and cracks almost immediately. The driver’s seat after 6 years was terrible.   I thought Volvo were known for some of the best seats in the business. Haven’t been a great lover of leather seats since.
Hope Lexus leather holds up better than Volvo.

Our car is the tiny little CT. Smallest of all from Lexus. The leather in it has nothing to do with leather, but that is what Lexus call it. Supposedly Paul McCartney loved the name Vegan Leather and he made some music to praise the cars.

image.thumb.png.cf4e064cf59d2e5fa01184761b29731a.png

Had Leather in our Honda Accord Coupe. Real leather. When we changed cars from the Honda it also looked pretty good. Very thick, but still comfortable except it was not perforated and ventilated, so a bit hot in summer.

Never had a Volvo with leather seats so have no idea what quality they are.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links