Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Decisions decisions

george72

Looking at when I agreed to buy mine in November 2021. It was £31,590 and not 690 as first thought with a standard Metallic paint selection of Graphite Black. So only gone up £8 since then. Also got the dealer to throw in the rubber mats as part of the deal. The ES is a sweet spot in the Lexus range offering much better value for money than the other vehicles. In the ES range also the Premium Edition has to be the best value model, even if you do have to push buttons to fold the mirrors!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Sorry I do not know about the part ex, but not sure why it would differ. Looks like prices have moved slightly from when I bought it last year. As Carwow prices are dynamic and update constantly. If I log in these are the offers as of today:Carwow.thumb.JPG.2bdc772a1328a187d87cdb6b7a1fbbee.JPG

thats much better than i was offered on car wow, best i was offered is £32678 , what dealer offered £31598 ?

Edgware Road based dealer offered £31,590 last year and now £31,598 local dealer here in Cambridge after getting approval from the management matched it and agreed to give the rubber mats for free also. They said on that price there is no profit but they get to put through an additional registration. You would think armed with the Carwow offer any local dealer would match just to get a vehicle passing through the books as it all adds up when it comes to end of quarter bonus. Without metallic paint Premium Edition can be had for £30,995 although most people will want the metallic.

30 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Edgware Road based dealer offered £31,590 last year and now £31,598 local dealer here in Cambridge after getting approval from the management matched it and agreed to give the rubber mats for free also. They said on that price there is no profit but they get to put through an additional registration. You would think armed with the Carwow offer any local dealer would match just to get a vehicle passing through the books as it all adds up when it comes to end of quarter bonus. Without metallic paint Premium Edition can be had for £30,995 although most people will want the metallic.

curious, Edgware Rd offered me a quote via car wow, but it was a lot more than £31598, in fact they wasnt even my cheapest quote, almost £1500 more than they quoted you !!

Hi members

Just shop around until you find a dealer that price match and beats the carwow price and don’t forget that if you already own a Lexus or Toyota you can ask for an additional £750 off the price because of the loyalty contribution they have. 
hence £2000 Lexus contribution and £750 loyalty. Take out the max deposit and max repayment options and clear the Finance after 1 payment. 

still waiting for my premium addition, order November 2021 now saying June 2022. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hayes-Jay said:

Hi members

Just shop around until you find a dealer that price match and beats the carwow price and don’t forget that if you already own a Lexus or Toyota you can ask for an additional £750 off the price because of the loyalty contribution they have. 
hence £2000 Lexus contribution and £750 loyalty. Take out the max deposit and max repayment options and clear the Finance after 1 payment. 

still waiting for my premium addition, order November 2021 now saying June 2022. 

Yes that is exactly where I am in this process. I am hoping to finalise today. So the lowest car wow price minus  the 2750 and wlll settle early. 

Thank you all for your brilliant advice! So reassuring. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PaulD68 said:

curious, Edgware Rd offered me a quote via car wow, but it was a lot more than £31598, in fact they wasnt even my cheapest quote, almost £1500 more than they quoted you !!

When I ordered mine in October, I too got matched with Edgware who were offering £32.6 at the time. Guess it depends on time of month etc

17 hours ago, george72 said:

Deposit paid and deal done. Cracking deal on a premium edition. The only issue is the wait.... 

Thank you all again for your inputs,i am ever so grateful. 

well done, now the long wait for delivery ... what was the deal you got , just so others know whats available?

46 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Well done on the deal, it is a large amount of car for £31.5k!!

What else can you buy new for less with the same size, spec and reputation? I thought mine was a bargain at £32.4 last year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dippo said:

I've ordered a Premium Edition this morning. They're quoting July/August delivery, so I'll wait for the 72 plate in September.

Do not want to be negative but my advised date at the time of ordering has changed multiple times, I would suspect it will be September in any case. Many dealers seem to be well trained in the art of giving unrealistic initial delivery dates

On 2/14/2022 at 12:35 PM, PaulD68 said:

well done, now the long wait for delivery ... what was the deal you got , just so others know whats available?

£31,945  - tank of fuel and rubber mats! ordered the Mesa red

Lexus Lincoln

44 minutes ago, george72 said:

Lexus Lincoln

I hope you managed to get a test drive as well to be 100% sure it matches your expectations ?

--E

28 minutes ago, e-yes said:

I hope you managed to get a test drive as well to be 100% sure it matches your expectations ?

--E

Haha. No test drive but the Premium Edition has smaller wheels so the ride simply has to be better surely... Famous last words! 

2 hours ago, george72 said:

Lexus Lincoln

Same as mine, good choice, you will be happy

FEDF3519-5754-40C7-BF87-AF31A21A2502.jpeg

• Like 1

Tend to agree about Mesa Red fits the lines of the ES perfectly. Has to be the best colour selection. Sadly for me the Mrs has a superstition that red cars are bad luck so was forced down the route of Graphite Black which is going to be a never ending task to keep clean.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Tend to agree about Mesa Red fits the lines of the ES perfectly. Has to be the best colour selection. Sadly for me the Mrs has a superstition that red cars are bad luck so was forced down the route of Graphite Black which is going to be a never ending task to keep clean.

I had the same worry, the graphite looks amazing when perfectly clean, dealer had one in the showroom under the spotlights and I was very tempted. My fav colour is the F sport blue but unfortunately not available on other models.

Plus my last several cars have all been blue, silver and black; I had always wanted a soul red Mazda but that option on my old gt sport 6 put my company car £2 a month over my limit, the Mesa is close enough

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links