Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Price Increase

Dippo

I see they've added another £1,500 onto the price of a Premium Edition - it's now £39,255. Add on special metallic, then subtract VED and First Registration Fee, and it comes in around £39,950; just below the higher VED threshold.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dippo said:

I see they've added another £1,500 onto the price of a Premium Edition - it's now £39,255. Add on special metallic, then subtract VED and First Registration Fee, and it comes in around £39,950; just below the higher VED threshold.

That’s a big jump, list price is now £3k more than when the 22 model went on sale 6 months ago. I see the NX has a similar rise, now over £40k with metallic on a base model. 

2 hours ago, Joe43 said:

Prices are defying gravity in my view, new cars, used cars, houses etc. When will the increase in cost of living kick in?

I don't think it will kick in. I believe the privileged few at the top think that the masses have had it too easy over the last few years and this is their version of leveling up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

I don't think it will kick in. I believe the privileged few at the top think that the masses have had it too easy over the last few years and this is their version of leveling up.

Quite possibly, I still think there has to come a time when the current cost of petrol, gas, electric,  houses, cars etc hurts. House prices especially where all it needs is a rise in interest rates.

Thinking about this a bit more - I hope there isn't another price increase between now and when I take delivery (currently planned for September). I believe the VED surcharge is calculated on the list price at date of registration; the government couldn't care less about the price of the car at the time the order was placed.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, Dippo said:

Just looked at price list and if you have ordered with sonic paint then the premium is actually over £40k, wonder if the dealership would give a bigger discount to cover the extra expense, rather than have cancelled orders?

53 minutes ago, Dippo said:

I think the list is the P11D value, so you can deduct the VED and First Registration Fee from the OTR price.

Yes your right on Comcar website it is £39,950 with sonic paint on the P11d 

The cheapest demo to the same spec on the Approved Used site is more than £3,000 more than I'm paying for a new car. If another price rise does happen, I guess I'll just have to accept it - although in that case, if I'd known in advance, I might have been more tempted by the Premium Pack. You can't win them all.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:10 PM, Dippo said:

I think the list is the P11D value, so you can deduct the VED and First Registration Fee from the OTR price.

Just phoned my dealer car ordered 19/12/21 with sonic paint and protection pack delivery due July , told me mine coming in £40 below higher tax rate. Just hope no more price increases.

2 hours ago, Chrisfes said:

Just phoned my dealer car ordered 19/12/21 with sonic paint and protection pack delivery due July , told me mine coming in £40 below higher tax rate. Just hope no more price increases.

Chris, I'm a little confused, if you placed an order (and presumably paid a deposit) on 19/12/21 wouldn't this guarantee you getting the car at the agreed price at the time of the order? Or am I missing something here? 

56 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

Chris, I'm a little confused, if you placed an order (and presumably paid a deposit) on 19/12/21 wouldn't this guarantee you getting the car at the agreed price at the time of the order? Or am I missing something here? 

Price you pay should be the same as your order date, but you pay tax from list price at date of registration. I think is the issue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beyond the blue said:

The price for the car, options, delivery charge is fixed when you place your order and pay the deposit, therefore you aren't affected by a list price increase for the product. The price you pay for vehicle excise duty however is based on the list price at the time of registration, not order, and therefore you are affected by a list price increase.

If your car price goes over the £ 40k threshold then your 2nd to 6th year road tax will have the £ 335 premium car tax added. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

The price for the car, options, delivery charge is fixed when you place your order and pay the deposit, therefore you aren't affected by a list price increase for the product. The price you pay for vehicle excise duty however is based on the list price at the time of registration, not order, and therefore you are affected by a list price increase.

If your car price goes over the £ 40k threshold then your 2nd to 6th year road tax will have the £ 335 premium car tax added. 

Ah! OK, thanks for explaining that, something I didn't realise.

11 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

That’s correct , price is held at December price but I am LED to believe from dealer Ved is worked out at time of registration which could be July.

£500 car tax could be a deal breaker 🙈

I'm afraid, this latest trend to fix tax thresholds is yet another way of maximising the tax take. When the £40k threshold was set a few years ago I can remember many saying it would only affect high value cars ergo wealthy buyers, but here we are, and it's affecting many more with every possibility it will soon become the majority of buyers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian R said:

I'm afraid, this latest trend to fix tax thresholds is yet another way of maximising the tax take. When the £40k threshold was set a few years ago I can remember many saying it would only affect high value cars ergo wealthy buyers, but here we are, and it's affecting many more with every possibility it will soon become the majority of buyers.

We all seem pretty clued up on here, but many people don’t even think about ongoing costs like tax, and with low attractive PCP deals, most people on average salaries can afford a £40k car at £250-300 a month. I think the tax should be in line with 40% tax code at just over £50k 

out of interest how many of us was informed about tax implication’s during the sales process. I knew and brought it up in conversation myself.  

1 minute ago, Tonyw said:

We all seem pretty clued up on here, but many people don’t even think about ongoing costs like tax, and with low attractive PCP deals, most people on average salaries can afford a £40k car at £250-300 a month. I think the tax should be in line with 40% tax code at just over £50k 

out of interest how many of us was informed about tax implication’s during the sales process. I knew and brought it up in conversation myself.  

Although, saying most people on average salary is probably a bit too much, especially with every other bill having gone up this year. I will amend to most people on a medium to high salary.

18 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

I knew, and mentioned it myself. The person I was dealing with said he was glad I was aware; his manager had suggested he shouldn't talk about it.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 5:52 PM, Dippo said:

Thinking about this a bit more - I hope there isn't another price increase between now and when I take delivery (currently planned for September). I believe the VED surcharge is calculated on the list price at date of registration; the government couldn't care less about the price of the car at the time the order was placed.

If there is another price increase before I take delivery, now currently to be October and it goes over the threshold I will just cancel.

46 minutes ago, wecpc said:

If there is another price increase before I take delivery, now currently to be October and it goes over the threshold I will just cancel.

Yes my thoughts as well , one off the main reasons I ordered the Es was because it was under the higher rate tax threshold .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links