Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 4/8/2022 at 12:19 PM, Herbie said:

I have a TomTom GO Live 1005 but I've not used it for years. Google Maps and/or Waze are just SO good in every way, they beat everything else hands down.

I had to go over to Manchester a few days ago so I got in the car, fired up Waze, clicked on the microphone icon and just spoke the postcode. I didn't even say, "Navigate to..." or anything else, just said, "M33 4AA" and Waze immediately answered with, "Right. M33 4AA. Let's go". And that was it - I was being directed within seconds.

You really should persevere but maybe try Waze instead of Google Maps?

I will try Waze and persevere with Google maps as well. The current state of the traffic is a bonus on our busy roads.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote on 8 April

"Just an update on my original Post.

Lexus has accepted that the car is under warranty and I have left it with them to ponder whilst I am away on vacation."

And in my emails this morning, I received the following;

"Good morning John,

I’m back in today from a week off so apologies I have not got back to you sooner.

In a nutshell, it’s fixed… she’s singing like a songbird once again! The issue was relating to a software problem in the media system and an update to the firmware and a content update seem to have fixed the problem. As an added bonus, you now have the very latest sat nav data in the car so the vehicle has in fact been improved rather than just repaired.

I hope you are having a lovely time in sunny Spain, please do keep me posted as to when you plan to collect the car and I’ll make sure it is in spic and span shape upon your return!

Best regards,

Tom Skelton

Lexus Service Manager

Lexus Chester"

Now that is an outcome that more than pleases me and to my mind justifies the wisdom of investing in the original Lexus Extended Warranty (which ends for me in September `22 ) and of trying to be nice to people by bringing a smile along with polite firmness throughout exchanges.

Whilst on the subject of the Original Extended Warranty, as some of you know, I am currently in Spain in the 19 year old Merc. Last week I had occasion to call upon the Lexus Breakdown Service when the "thoroughly unreliable" Merc decided that after 19 years and 254,000 miles, it was time for the Alternator to give up the ghost. A swift call to UK, then a redirection to Switzerland where a gentleman named Keith arranged for my car to be collected and transferred to a garage on the coast which located the necessary water cooled Alternator from an S Class and transplanted it into the heart of my Merc. The car was collected on a Tuesday and given back to me three days later on the Friday. And they offered me a loan car for the duration which I declined.

That is just another example of the Financial, physical and mental benefits which have accrued from my investing with Lexus. I will soon partake of the newly introduced Extended Warranty for vehicles which are 10 years old and have covered less than 150,000 miles. I have yet to study the complete Terms and Conditions of the New Warranty,but understand that "infotainment systems " are excluded. What is important, I feel, is the overall "Peace of Mind" that the Warranty can provide given the age of the vehicle.

• Like 7

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links