Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Profile not loading

White coat syndrome has worn off and now back to normal!, I have sent all the photos to Lexus so we will now wait and see. I still have no OTA update showing on my system.

Hopefully your right Andrew and the fix is coming.

• Like 1

I'm having problems trying to pre heat my nx450h via the Lexus Link, it shows error and try later. Tried many times, anyone else having this problem? Cheers. 

19 hours ago, Pm4 said:

I'm having problems trying to pre heat my nx450h via the Lexus Link, it shows error and try later. Tried many times, anyone else having this problem? Cheers. 

Just this morning!   I was stood near the car as I wondered if the engine would start.  I then went in the house where the phone transferred from 4g to internet and it worked so not quite sure what it wasn’t happy about.  

13 minutes ago, Don C said:

Just this morning!   I was stood near the car as I wondered if the engine would start.  I then went in the house where the phone transferred from 4g to internet and it worked so not quite sure what it wasn’t happy about.  

It did start the engine!  We’ve got remote start!

4A108C70-17B8-46EF-87A6-4858A1A4009A.png

I’ve sorted the profile not loading.  You’re not going to like it though.  You have to disable wireless apple CarPlay then once you’ve reconnected to wifi it works.  Didn’t realise how dusty the dash was when I took this so I’ll fall on my sword after.   The worst thing Lexus did was let the Americans design the multimedia.  It’s not very intuitive in a lot of ways and a clear attempt to go after Tesla.  The only thing you can do is connect with a cable for CarPlay if you want your profile and everything that goes with it to stay connected.  

D2BA1492-595C-422E-BABC-E4A90BC30E92.jpeg

That's really good.  You have done better than me! I've not got as far as being invited to add car play. Has it now given you the option to attach your key?

TIP OF THE DAY. BE CAREFUL WHEN WASHING SALT FROM UNDER THE BACK BUMPER WITH A HOSEPIPE.  IF YOU THEN SPRAY THE NUMBER PLATE THE BOOT OPENS. OOPS!

2 minutes ago, Andrew Bowden said:

That's really good.  You have done better than me! I've not got as far as being invited to add car play. Has it now given you the option to attach your key?

TIP OF THE DAY. BE CAREFUL WHEN WASHING SALT FROM UNDER THE BACK BUMPER WITH A HOSEPIPE.  IF YOU THEN SPRAY THE NUMBER PLATE THE BOOT OPENS. OOPS!

Yes, it asked if I wanted to add seat adjustments too but in the app.  

It didn’t work for me, started it all again but still no key option etc, profile loaded and all working, left it for an hour and when restarted back to my ‘normal’, hopefully the update the US & Canada have will appear soon or Lexus actually phone me back.

It sure is, I can appreciate things can go wrong with new cars, but surely this must have been picked up during trials of the system!, they seem slow to react in the UK to sending out a fix for it, it’s as if they aren’t speaking to each other, I did reference the issues experienced in the US & Canada being the same as mine but it didn’t seem to register.

Having come from a Volvo S90 with not one fault in over three and a half years, I’m struggling with a £40k car with a faulty multimedia system and a slow response from Lexus, I really expected top notch customer service and at least a phone call, I seem to be doing the chasing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 78csj said:

It sure is, I can appreciate things can go wrong with new cars, but surely this must have been picked up during trials of the system!, they seem slow to react in the UK to sending out a fix for it, it’s as if they aren’t speaking to each other, I did reference the issues experienced in the US & Canada being the same as mine but it didn’t seem to register.

Having come from a Volvo S90 with not one fault in over three and a half years, I’m struggling with a £40k car with a faulty multimedia system and a slow response from Lexus, I really expected top notch customer service and at least a phone call, I seem to be doing the chasing.

Hi All,

I understand your frustrations.

There have been bugs in the MM19 system in my 2021 RX... reported to Lexus UK by me and others on this forum... at great length and detail.  Still no fixes for over 12 months....   It is clear from the progressions of bugs in MM19 over time that there is insufficient software testing that goes on (later versions of software fix some bugs but introduce new ones, some more serious than the ones that are fixed), and on my test drive of a new NX I noticed some bugs were carried over into MM21 from MM19.  I also reported that to Lexus UK.  It is a shame but the user presented software is not up to the standard of the rest of the vehicles.  As software becomes an ever more and more important component of a vehicle, Lexus will need to significantly improve in this area.  Ideally they should readopt the old slogan of "The relentless pursuit of perfection".

Paul

• Like 1

PDM Paul I agree entirely having purchased a Lexus NX in 2021 and the multimedia is still not sorted ( same problem in 2013 Prius plus ) and placed an order for the new 2022 NX 300h I have stopped contacting online for help. Just sent a letter to For the action of 

Mr Stephen Hinshelwood - Executive Office 

Toyota (GB) plc - Lexus Division

Yew Tree Bottom Road

Great Burgh

Burgh Heath

Epsom

Surrey

KT18 5UX

Let him it sort it . 

If he gets enough letters we may  get it sorted . Members on the forum are spending £40K plus on new 2022 cars and not getting the service they have paid for 

It's well worth a stamp 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Marlinleg said:

PDM Paul I agree entirely having purchased a Lexus NX in 2021 and the multimedia is still not sorted ( same problem in 2013 Prius plus ) and placed an order for the new 2022 NX 300h I have stopped contacting online for help. Just sent a letter to For the action of 

Mr Stephen Hinshelwood - Executive Office 

Toyota (GB) plc - Lexus Division

Yew Tree Bottom Road

Great Burgh

Burgh Heath

Epsom

Surrey

KT18 5UX

Let him it sort it . 

If he gets enough letters we may  get it sorted . Members on the forum are spending £40K plus on new 2022 cars and not getting the service they have paid for 

It's well worth a stamp 

Phillip,

I do actually have a letter to him drafted a month ago but i have not yet sent it. I shall do so.

Please let us know of you get a response.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the same problem with my profile not loading correctly when I start the car. I find if I wait about 30 seconds after getting into the car before I start it, everything loads correctly every time. It's only if I start the car too quickly after getting in that the profile doesn't load correctly, and then my phone won't connect.

25 minutes ago, BigTy said:

I have been having the same problem with my profile not loading correctly when I start the car. I find if I wait about 30 seconds after getting into the car before I start it, everything loads correctly every time. It's only if I start the car too quickly after getting in that the profile doesn't load correctly, and then my phone won't connect.

I agree with this as that's exactly what I am experiencing. Weirdly it's also changed the name of my phone!?

23 hours ago, Ken R said:

I agree with this as that's exactly what I am experiencing. Weirdly it's also changed the name of my phone!?

Same problem with Bluetooth, if start the car too quickly it doesn't connect, had to turn off and start again and wait. 

Also solved the pre heating issue, the car has to be locked before programming it?

The Lexus Link app appears to have issues at present. Journey's appear to be "two behind" the latest and thus current car location is inaccurate. Anybody else experiencing this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

The Lexus Link app appears to have issues at present. Journey's appear to be "two behind" the latest and thus current car location is inaccurate. Anybody else experiencing this?

Hi Ken.

I have just taken some screenshots to give to Lexus when it goes in for the Weld check.

It shows my car as being at Tesco which I visited Tuesday The car is on my drive and I can flash the lights via the app.

It is also showing my last journey as Tuesday despite the fact that I made a 20 minute journey yesterday (Wednesday). Glad it is not just me - I thought my GPS wes playing up but it must be the App if I am not the only one.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ken R said:

Same for me. Sometimes it's right up to date (in terms of the last journey at least) whilst other times it's a few journeys behind or misses some completely. 

@hintonwood Not a showstopper but I will be interested to hear what Lexus have to say about it. 

• Like 1

@Andy B will do but it may be some time before I get the welds checked.

Interestingly, i did a local journey this afternoon (Thursday). After the trip my car is showing in the app as being on my drive and not at Tesco. However, the last trip still shows my 45 minute journey to Tesco on Tuesday, not the two local journeys since then. Perhaps there is a minimum distance in miles to qualify for Hybrid Coaching last trip?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ken R said:

Yeap. Having similar issues on my RX. I'm glad a different team writes the hybrid control software to the team that looks after Lexus Link.

Paul

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, hintonwood said:

@Andy B will do but it may be some time before I get the welds checked.

Interestingly, i did a local journey this afternoon (Thursday). After the trip my car is showing in the app as being on my drive and not at Tesco. However, the last trip still shows my 45 minute journey to Tesco on Tuesday, not the two local journeys since then. Perhaps there is a minimum distance in miles to qualify for Hybrid Coaching last trip?

I don't believe that there is a minimum distance - the last journey in the app for me is showing the short trip (278 yards supposedly) that the mechanic took returning the car to me after the spot weld check. My subsequent journey home from the dealership isn't showing however 🤔

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links