Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Profile not loading

26 minutes ago, Andrew Bowden said:

Just got a new nx350h. I'm having difficulty loading the profile. It doesn't show the key.  You can only load a phone. Is anyone wise having the same issue? 

I'm certainly not wise as the following will demonstrate.

I too have not got the car to recognise the key as being linked to a profile. It only recognises my work phone, which is the one I use through Bluetooth.

My own phone, I didn't register through Bluetooth but is picked up with Android Auto. This is not recognised as my profile either.

At some point I'm going to call in the dealer to sort it - so I feel your pain but can't offer any solutions.

Thanks for the video.  Yes I had already watched this.  The problem is that the software is corrupt. You don't get the opportunity to link a key on the screen where it should be.  You can only link a phone.  It then doesn't always recognise the phone.  I've just spent an hour at the dealer.  They say that some 450h seem to work but 350h don't.  They reset all the software and tried again.  It's poor. They say that their techies haven't been on a course yet! They have already approached Lexus but after a week haven't heard anything. They say they are unable to ring the technical department.  I just need to sit tight until its resolved! Mmmmmm.

Not the best at all, I am going to try a reset of the system tomorrow, mine doesn’t recognise my profile, I need to link it to my phone every time I start the car. It only shows as ‘guest’ until I link it then it shows my profile. Still no joy with my apple CarPlay either, the time delay is getting worse. If I delete the phone off the system do I need to do anything with Lexus Link or will it just load up when connected, or do I delete that too?

We had the same thing. If you delete the car from the lexus link it says you need to go back to the dealership to confirm  it's your car! The chap at lexus did this was rubbish.... he has to take the car into the workshop to delete me from the car using the workshop diagnostic tool. He then deleted the car f r on lexus link and reinstalled it.  It still didn't show the key. He has reported it to lexus. He compared the software data with a car that was working.  They were different.  Interesting though the car that was working still dropped the profile. 

7 minutes ago, Andrew Bowden said:

Seat setting. Radio .interior  Lighting .phone setup. navsettings. All the other settings that have been personalised. 

Thanks.

Does that all only matter if somebody else drives the car?  i.e. If I'm the only person that drives the car, all that stuff would be remembered by the car, or not?

No.  It forgets everything you have set. We decided we would have one profile with seat 1 and seat 2 settings.  Sometimes it sees the phone and loads the profile other times it loads guest profile.  It then won't change over without a lot of messing around. Looking online it has been going on a while in the USA and is also hitting toyota models. 

34 minutes ago, Andrew Bowden said:

No.  It forgets everything you have set. We decided we would have one profile with seat 1 and seat 2 settings.  Sometimes it sees the phone and loads the profile other times it loads guest profile.  It then won't change over without a lot of messing around. Looking online it has been going on a while in the USA and is also hitting toyota models. 

How annoying.  Hopefully Lexus will come up with a fix soon.

Well good luck with it . Car order placed 27th November 2021
asked beginning of February why is my new Lexus order still not showing in Lexus link after many phone calls I got a call today 25/04/22 saying issue raised with Toyota Europe I am not holding out any hope. Rewind 2014 Toyota Prius Plus couldn't get my multimedia to connect  4 months later I suggested why not delate  my account give me new account new email
it worked . Instead of taking our 2022 cars to the dealers we should email the CEO Luxus UK give him something to do . Thank you for reading. Frustrated Newcastle 🥴

We’ll I deleted my profile and have just set it back up. It’s showing me as a ‘fleet driver’ and asked if I wanted to be the primary driver which I ok’d. It seems to remember me at the moment and opens up directly in carplay, which is at least better than before having to re link it every time!
It never came up on screen with the option of linking the key. I assume that I am the same as most people and the car is listed as a fleet vehicle.

Do I contact my dealer to sort it out or Lexus UK?

ps the delay is still there on calls using carplay but perfect on the Lexus phone setting.

I could log into it and my name came up in big colourful galactic explosion on the dash but then when I connected wirelessly to apple CarPlay it kicked me out.  I’ve got a 100mm lead that I use now and leave it connected.  It still charges wirelessly but I’ve not tried reconnecting to my profile.   I’m not that bothered.   

We have a UK spec 350H Sport and have successfully added two profiles - these are tied to our respective mobile phones (both Android) and not the keys (perhaps key based profiles are US only?).
The system is slow to pick up the respective profile and will always indicate that the "guest profile" is loaded, which you then have to dismiss - by which time it usually discovers your Bluetooth phone allowing you to select it and with it the option of adjusting seat position (restoring to the last settings associated with that profile) - this all takes ~10 seconds
Hopefully Lexus can iron out this issue with an OTA software update and Lexus if you are listening, please could you also associate the media device to the profile as well as we're forever having to switch between Radio 1 (wife) and USB (me).

Out of interest Andrew what variant did you get as I'm wondering if the display screen size is a factor, someone mentioned that profiles on the 450H worked and I assume you can only buy that model with the 14" screen?

I have an open case now with Lexus UK, they can’t understand why it doesn’t load the profile each time the car is started, they can see its all loaded correctly on the systems behind the main screen, also that it’s not showing on their system that it’s a fleet vehicle. They also said that I should have a ‘link’ to link the key to the car.

I have been to the car on 3 separate occasions today and the profile had loaded up almost immediately and works fine! White coat syndrome or what!

I will try again tomorrow, I need to take screenshots of each screen to send to the multimedia team, we’ll see what happens.

I don’t have any notification of a software update.

I think that there is a major issue that both lexus and toyota are fully aware of. The dealers are also fully aware of the issue. However the dealers will have been told to play dumb whilst lexus has gone back to the software supplier and created stink. Lexus will be absolutely fuming that this has hit the new model and there will be major ramifications for that supplier. They will be under tremendous pressure to find a solution but considering its been going on for a while across both brands it doesn't look like there is a quick fix.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links