Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Meguiars Deep Crystal 3 Stage

aido

Just wondering how long an application should last?

I did mine the day before Gaydon but it's come back from the dealers after the service and doesn't seem as good after they washed it - is this normal as I assumed they used a jetspray but there was a lot of white residue left behind so maybe they have something mixed in there?!

Have I got to spend another 6 hours applying it all ?? :crybaby:

That's exactly what I thought Colin - I'm assuming whatever was used at the dealers has stripped it or maybe I just thought it was shinier before?!

Will probably do it again next weekend if I'm not working to try and get some more scratches out as they've all come back (which is why it looks like it's been stripped....

Aye mate, think maybe another layer of product got on there and made it look skanky - did the stage one again last week now and polished and waxed only the bonnet but still swirl marks on there - just waiting for the NXT to arrive as its not come yet and will see what she is like on the rest of the car (doing a nice comparison!!!!)

It's possible it was me that screwed the last coat up more with a dodgy towel so thats gone in the bin now!!!! Always use a good towel on your car!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

dont tell me theres still swirl marks after stage 1!!!

I've spend over £40 testing out your everyday polishes that claim to get these swirls out :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

O well a respary due in a few years :whistling:

Still there mate but no way near as bad as what they were....

I'm going to give it another go with all the bits and then maybe try ScratchX or just a polisher machine as they are supposed to get rid of them quicker (unless you want to polish it for about 6 hours a day!)

I think mine are pretty serious swirls though mate from the last 3 years of car washes etc - if they're not major the megs stuff should sort it out pretty well....

It's possible it was me that screwed the last coat up more with a dodgy towel so thats gone in the bin now!!!! Always use a good towel on your car!!

And use several clean towels,after the final waxing there shouldn't be any swirl marks,its not the fault of the Meguiars......its the applicator. I.E you :lol:

Bring it to Surrey and i'll do it for ya :whistling:

I'm going to give it another go with all the bits and then maybe try ScratchX or just a polisher machine as they are supposed to get rid of them quicker (unless you want to polish it for about 6 hours a day!)

I think mine are pretty serious swirls though mate from the last 3 years of car washes etc - if they're not major the megs stuff should sort it out pretty well....

:crybaby: I've taken mine through about 5 auto washes :angry::angry:

Didnt realise what I had done straight away. I have no idea ho many the previous owner took them through.....

I have learnt so much about paintcare and car washing since owning the lex, my mates thinking i'm going in to the hand car wash business :lol:

its not the fault of the Meguiars......its the applicator. I.E you :lol:

Bring it to Surrey and i'll do it for ya :whistling:

:( NOT FUNNY....

If mine turns out like that :ohmy: i might have to take you up on the surrey day trip offer ;)

:crybaby: I've taken mine through about 5 auto washes :angry::angry:

Didnt realise what I had done straight away. I have no idea ho many the previous owner took them through.....

I have learnt so much about paintcare and car washing since owning the lex, my mates thinking i'm going in to the hand car wash business :lol:

Raz....not being funny but you haven't learnt anything.Mine goes through the car wash every week

Might take you up on that Pete :D

It has made a difference but there are still some swirls there - I'm trying everything on the market though now to see what works and what doesn't :P

Car's looking well with the gold class on at the moment but there are still swirls there when you catch it from some angles whereas others you can't spot one... The strong sun earlier was a perfect time to spot them - otherwise it's like glass - seems a bit of orange peel there though - sound like my car's had a respray at some point or do a lot of the darker Lexus' have this effect? Looks like my cars get cellulite!

I think it's already been said on here that probably no-one else can see them but I know they're there!

I think that Porter Cable's got my name on it - would be very interesting to see if that will do the job........

Raz....not being funny but you haven't learnt anything.Mine goes through the car wash every week

:lol::lol: i meant in comparasion to before :P

Oneday my knowledge in car care will as great as yours pete :not-worthy: :whistling:

Auto car wash everyweek?!?! :sick:

Pete you offered on a previous thread...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links