Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You'd think that, after 25 years of LS ownership (400/15years and 460/10years) and driving 200,000miles, I'd be pretty 'au fait' with these machines.

However...........

Today, I was giving the leather in my 460 its six-monthly clean and balm. The front headrests are extended a few inches to suit my good lady and myself. I had covered most of the front seats with the balm then motored the seats to their full forward positions so that I could get to some of the awkward spots. I noticed that the head rests had retracted ???

It turns out that the headrests retract automatically in the last half inch of forward seat travel. And, when the seats are motored backwards, the headrests return to their pre-set position.  Why have I not noticed that before? I thought I was pretty clever when I discovered the under-seat tray in the 400 - after only 2 years. This, however, took me by surprise. Please tell me I'm not the only one to have just found this out.

For the umpteenth time in the last 25 years I'm thinking......these cars are amazing.  😀

• Like 4

Parked up at Japfest the other week and decided to sit in the rear seat and play with the settings.

Reclined the seat and then discovered the seat automatically returned to the fully upright position when the door was opened.

My tray table was also stowed away, seat belt securely fastened and the landing uneventful. 😀

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tulpen said:

For the umpteenth time in the last 25 years I'm thinking......these cars are amazing.  😀

I am a mere junior with 150,000miles  driving a 400 (Mk3 now Mk4), and with 13 years under the belt and could not agree more with amazing.

I wish I had the space to buy and drive a 460 while I gave my day runner 400 a jolly good re-furb, but not likely to be happening anytime soon, unless I can tunnel under my wife's parking space and build an underground garage.  Thats the problem with living in a 250 year old house, they did not have much need for parking spaces back then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

You people need to re-read your owners manuals :laughing:
Lots of details in there on functions that you never/rarely use.

Yeah....right, it takes me an hour to reset the clock for BST. 😀

BAADDE3E-9A30-49EE-BBFB-A7F94AB190D6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

You people need to re-read your owners manuals :laughing:
Lots of details in there on functions that you never/rarely use.

I decided, instead, to finish 'War and Peace'.......it had less pages than my 460 manual, and was easier to understand.

On the subject of 'Amazing'........

Over here, on t'Continent', dealers offer a thing called a 'Summer Check'. This is because people take their cars on holiday and can cover a lot of kms. We are coming across to Scotland for 3 weeks in a month's time so decided to have the check. It is like an MOT but without stuff like Emissions Check etc. You won't be surprised to hear that my 15 year old, 210,000kms, 460 passed with flying colours - and there were no advisories.

😀

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

I decided, instead, to finish 'War and Peace'.

"Amazing"  .... I too started War and Peace quite some years ago on a cruise to .....  St. Petersburg      of all places .....  and of the 3 volumes I've steadily progressed thru' 50% of the first volume alone ............  not sure I'm ever going to finish the tome

does anyone find this book at all interesting or actually readable ?  .  and my copy is in English .....  Japanese might be as scintillating .  Russian certainly NOT methinks :unsure:

Malc

• Like 1

Steve, you need to learn to read Japanese,.... or it may be easier to download an English copy of the Owners Manual :laughing:

As for War & Peace, it's dull and tedious and I gave up after about 1/3rd of it.
However, if you don't read your Owners Manual don't be surprised when you find out that some really useless function exists that you didn't know about. 🤣

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links