Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth and Call Adapter

adebendanchris

As a relatively new SC430 owner (although a long term RX400 owner) I thought I'd repay some of the excellent advice on this forum by sharing my experience of buying and installing a Bluetooth adapter to my 2004 SC430. I'd like to stress straight away that I have no link with the individual supplying the product. 

I was looking for a solution that would allow me to answer calls and more importantly to access my music on my phone while on the move. I wanted a plug and play option that could be easily integrated with the existing controls. When I started to look around I saw the options were limited and once you'd factored in shipping most were coming out at £150+. I didn't want to go to the expense of replace the entire system, just wanted to link to my phone. 

I then came across sc430mods a site run by an enthusiast in the US who was supplying Bluetooth kits as well as other products that he'd developed. Although the kits were out of stock I dropped Calvin a note and got a response within 24 hours answering all my queries and directing me to a video of an install so I could see how the product was fitted and worked. He assured me that although the product was out of stock on the site more would be ready in the next couple of days and to use the notify when available option. Within 2 days I did get a note saying they were back in stock. I decided to take the plunge and order a kit. Including P&P it was about £80 (cost varies dependent on shipping options), much less than I'd seen elsewhere and you can pay be paypal or credit card.  Once I submitted my order I got a confirmation email and then another to confirm shipping. 

A week later my Bluetooth adapter arrived. Although not the prettiest of products, fitting was exactly as shown in the video, plug and play. The unit works faultlessly with both Android and Iphones and is fully integrated with all the steering wheel controls. Sound quality is excellent.  It's worked that well I ordered a second to fit to the RX400 and that is performing brilliantly as well.

There are a variety of other products available and a rear view camera kit is being developed that looks interesting. 

I'm not endorsing this site but my experience (both product and service) has been excellent and wanted to share this in case anyone else is looking for a cheap option to upgrade stereo / access phone. Any questions / queries just shout. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing. Calvin does seem to have a good following and does appear to look after his customers. I haven't bought anything off him but others do seem to be satisfied with the products. 

I'm just waiting on paddle shift, radar cruise and a magic +50bhp chip development. 😉

• Like 1

Hi Adrian

Thanks very much for sharing the above information, a system which has been bought, fitted, tried, tested and works well by one of our membership has been a long time coming!

I have been wanting that sort of kit since I purchased my car so my next move is to find the site on line.

Although to stop repetition of work I need to source front and rear parking sensors, rear camera and front and rear recording cameras to fit them at the same time.

If anyone has experiences they would like to share about any of the above, that would be great!

Regards, Anthony 

I am using a Bluetooth FM transmitter from amazon for 15 pounds and it works wonder too if anyone wants something cheap to stream music and phonecall.

It auto connects and i expect would suit most people need

barry

21 hours ago, Neil E said:

Thanks for sharing. Calvin does seem to have a good following and does appear to look after his customers. I haven't bought anything off him but others do seem to be satisfied with the products. 

I'm just waiting on paddle shift, radar cruise and a magic +50bhp chip development. 😉

+50bhp chip I'm not certain about 😀 but I'm tempted to try the throttle accelerator. I know it doesn't really increase bhp but maybe it will make the car feel a bit more responsive. 

13 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Barry

Can you send a link to what you bought.

Thanks, Ant 

Anthony,

I also use a FM transmitter and it works fine.

I can play music from my phone, iPod and memory stick and accept and make calls all through the radio.

I originally bought a Grom Bluetooth kit but couldn’t get it to work as per the instructions.

Here’s a link to the one I bought.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115073769381

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Although to stop repetition of work I need to source front and rear parking sensors, rear camera and front and rear recording cameras to fit them at the same time.

If anyone has experiences they would like to share about any of the above, that would be great!

Regards, Anthony 

Happy it's been useful Anthony - site link is www.sc430mods.com. I'm probably going to order the rear camera and will post how I get on. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adebendanchris said:

Happy it's been useful Anthony - site link is www.sc430mods.com. I'm probably going to order the rear camera and will post how I get on. 

He’s also got a Facebook page

SC430Mods.com

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links