Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone moved from Nx300h to a Es300h

Chrisfes

2 minutes ago, Chrisfes said:

Apologies , i wondered if the hybrid drive set up in the Es was noticeably different given the Es is a newer model.

Thanks Chris. Members now have a real question to consider.

I moved from an IS300h which I believe has the same hybrid system as the NX, the hybrid system on the ES is the next generation from the IS and I find it better, it feels smoother and more responsive , although the statistics don’t actually back that up. Along with the revised engine it is also more economical. If you do a search on the technical side of the hybrid system you will find it is quite different to the previous generation. In summary I find it an improvement over the IS system but these things are a personal preference. I took an ES for a test drive I would advise you to do the same, it’s the only way really.

Yes the ES gas the newer hybrid system which is definitely smoother.

ES also has a better ride and handling and much larger rear cabin, it is also more economical. Let down in my books is the interior plastics which are below the GS. If you can live with that it is really a very fine car.

• Like 1

I felt the same when I tinkered with the idea of getting an ES to replace my GS. The ES was lovely to drive but the interior quality was a bit of letdown compared to the GS so decided to keep the GS. Can’t think of anything I’d replace it with!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

I felt the same when I tinkered with the idea of getting an ES to replace my GS. The ES was lovely to drive but the interior quality was a bit of letdown compared to the GS so decided to keep the GS. Can’t think of anything I’d replace it with!

ES is still a nice car, in my opinion it drives better than GS - just feels lighter, especially at the front. I almost paid a deposit 2 months ago for a new ES but the seller did not put on a quote everything he promised while I was in the garage for a test drive so I decided to stay with my GS for now and as you say - I have no idea what to replace it with! Dilemma! 

• Like 1

Absolutely agree ES interior a let down and shows it’s US roots, easily spotted by any GS owner but perhaps not if coming from another brand.

Because if this I went from 4x GS cars to a used LS 600hL so there is an idea for colleagues as an alternative to a new ES! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links