Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Insurance

My Lexus insurance, being due for renewal next month, caused me to use a search engine (confused.com) for a decent quote. I’ve been with Saga this past year and their quote is in excess of £500. The cheapest quote for my Lexus happened to come up with Toyota, offering me the same cover for £425. The only downside being that there is no protected no claims bonus included with the cover. I’ve not made a claim, other than for replacement windscreen glass for a previously owned BMW, for more than thirty years and even then the minor accident wasn’t my fault. 
Anyway, it seems like a good deal, so Toyota it is.

That’s excellent. Perhaps living on the beautiful Island of Anglesey is your bonus. Will have a look at their quote though. I’ve nominated my annual mileage as 5k, but don’t expect to exceed 3/4K. Being retired I don’t do any commuting.

2 minutes ago, Tony1452 said:

That’s excellent. Perhaps living on the beautiful Island of Anglesey is your bonus. Will have a look at their quote though. I’ve nominated my annual mileage as 5k, but don’t expect to exceed 3/4K. Being retired I don’t do any commuting.

Adding another mature driver can often reduce one`s premium Tony.

Both my wife and I are on the policy and - as Roy has said - this makes it cheaper. My nominated mileage is 8000 although - like you - I no longer commute so actual mileage will be less.

50 minutes ago, ikeja said:

Just got my renewal notice from Privilege - fully comp, protected no claims - under £250.

Just got my quote from them for  £480. Has to be your location. Well done though.

I bought mine through the AA after getting a ridiculous renewal from Saga, I managed to get it for £265 with protected NCB.

I also think it could be postcode area & maybe age?

5 minutes ago, Bounce75 said:

I bought mine through the AA after getting a ridiculous renewal from Saga, I managed to get it for £265 with protected NCB.

I also think it could be postcode area & maybe age?

and driving record , and number of named drivers and spec and type of vehicle ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ikeja said:

Both my wife and I are on the policy and - as Roy has said - this makes it cheaper. My nominated mileage is 8000 although - like you - I no longer commute so actual mileage will be less.

Unfortunately my wife doesn’t drive. Too scary these days. But I understand what you mean.

12 hours ago, ikeja said:

Just got my renewal notice from Privilege - fully comp, protected no claims - under £250.

Well, every factor which insurers consider when arriving at your premium must have been very favourable for you.  Quotes for my RX ranged from just above the low six hundreds  to over a thousand.  I suspect I am being 'loaded' now as an older driver.  However, a broker said they thought they could do better including getting a discount for being a member of a motoring club.  The policy came out at around five twenty ish with AXA, with legal cover and protected NCB but without loan car.  This is less than what AXA quoted on a comparison site.  Sometimes it pays to get an assessment on a more personal basis than a computed basis. 

Having just insured my LC 3 weeks before it was due to renew it seems to me one still has to play the insurance game. My premium in the event has reduced on last year's figure, so happy days. I renewed or to be more precise perpetuated this via Confused because I ended up insuring with my current insurer!  Shortly thereafter, I received the official renewal notice independent of Confused and from the self same insurer, only to see their asking price was significantly up on last year's premium and up on what I had just insured via Confused! Bizarrely my same "then and now" insurer sent me a NCB notice as if I were taking my business elsewhere which of course I am not. I also checked with the insurer that nothing had gone amiss, only for them to confirm all is in order and that they were unable to offer an explanation as to why this should have happened.

Critically, it genuinely does seem one has to insure or re-insure 3 weeks before the existing policy expires. This is something numerous sites suggest and  I will be putting this to the test again next month when I have to insure another car I own.

As a footnote, I understand car insurance is less expensive this year given average mileages are down (and I suspect will remain so) in the current fuel price era.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links