Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Actuator ECU Reprogramming

Hi everyone. I keep getting reminders to get this done ASAP and have booked it in for Thursday next week. As this involves a 200 mile round trip, does anyone know if Lexus compensate you for the cost of petrol?  I don't want to sound petty, but I don't see why I should pick up the tab for this with a new car especially with fuel prices at the moment.

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

Hi everyone. I keep getting reminders to get this done ASAP and have booked it in for Thursday next week. As this involves a 200 mile round trip, does anyone know if Lexus compensate you for the cost of petrol?  I don't want to sound petty, but I don't see why I should pick up the tab for this with a new car especially with fuel prices at the moment.

I also have a 200 mile round tirp. My NX450h is booked in for 2 recalls tomorrow and after I asked if it could be done at my local Toyota dealer, they came back and offered to contribute to my petrol cost. So yes worth asking. 

Kenny 

3 minutes ago, Kenny Barclay said:

I also have a 200 mile round tirp. My NX450h is booked in for 2 recalls tomorrow and after I asked if it could be done at my local Toyota dealer, they came back and offered to contribute to my petrol cost. So yes worth asking. 

Kenny 

Many thanks., I will ask the question. I also have a local Toyota dealer around 10 miles away who would always do warranty work on my previous Lexus cars but stopped doing this a couple of years ago. They told me Lexus no longer allow them to do this and they had also stopped them  accessing the Lexus database. A pity really because it was more convenient.

I had my NX450h+ checked for this recall and the spot weld issue last month and did indeed receive about a quarter tank of petrol with the compliments of the dealer (Lexus Edinburgh). I only have a 26 mile round trip. Guess that it may be up to individual dealers.

Not sure what happened with mine, it was in yesterday for about an hour then told that they had to send a report to Lexus UK on the update, Lexus UK then advised yet another update is required. So need to return Friday for approx 1 hour, we’ll see what happens then, it’s a real pain but if it needs fixed it needs to be done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links