Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Leather cleaner and conditioner IS300h perforated seats

48 minutes ago, Notamech said:

I had that same concern and wasnt sure whether the leather in the executive variant is real leather or not but even the colourant i used said that it was meant for absorbant leather only but the seats seemed to have absorbed them as some minor chips which were white when i bought the car are now black and are not noticeable so i thought i should use the balm as well to keep the leather / fake leather conditioned and it worked really well. I was surprised to see the leather puff up slightly causing it to look tighter and minor folds and creases have disappeared. 

Executive level trim in pre-facelift (so pre 2017) cars is genuine leather. In post face-lift cars Executive trim is Tahara simulated leather. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Notamech said:

I had that same concern and wasnt sure whether the leather in the executive variant is real leather or not but even the colourant i used said that it was meant for absorbant leather only but the seats seemed to have absorbed them as some minor chips which were white when i bought the car are now black and are not noticeable so i thought i should use the balm as well to keep the leather / fake leather conditioned and it worked really well. I was surprised to see the leather puff up slightly causing it to look tighter and minor folds and creases have disappeared. 

Thank you! Would you perchance have a link to the scratch doc product you use? 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Executive level trim in pre-facelift (so pre 2017) cars is genuine leather. In post face-lift cars Executive trim is Tahara simulated leather. 

Aah ok that makes sense then. Here is the colourant. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008EI81BU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Also the process i followed is 

1) Used Autoglym leather cleaner and wiped down the seats spraying it on a microfiber cloth. Used a toothbrush to remove stuff stuck in the perforated seat holes. Sometimes this is difficult with a brush and the brush only pushes it in further. A vaccum might be a better idea

2) Applied a coat of colourant with a microfibre cloth. Applied a few more times over the chipped parts after each coat dried till it looked like it was no longer visible. Left it for 24 hours and buffed it off with a clean microfibre cloth. Please use gloves. I didn't and my hands looked awful. Fortunately the colourant washed off easily with soap and water. 

3) Applied autoglum leather balm with a microfibre cloth. Left overnight and wiped off excess next morning. You need very little of this. I reckon this bottle will last really long. 

After a few days i noticed a significant improvement in the texture of the 2 front seats which were quite worn before and the leather feels and looks much better now. Will give it another coat of balm after a couple of months. I did all of the above with the steering wheel as well. But that still looks shiny and not matt but like the seats small scratches and chips are all dyed now and not very noticeable. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Notamech said:

Aah ok that makes sense then. Here is the colourant. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008EI81BU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Also the process i followed is 

1) Used autoglym leather cleaner and wiped down the seats spraying it on a microfiber cloth. Used a toothbrush to remove stuff stuck in the perforated seat holes. Sometimes this is difficult with a brush and the brush only pushes it in further. A vaccum might be a better idea

2) Applied a coat of colourant with a microfibre cloth. Applied a few more times over the chipped parts after each coat dried till it looked like it was no longer visible. Left it for 24 hours and buffed it off with a clean microfibre cloth. Please use gloves. I didn't and my hands looked awful. Fortunately the colourant washed off easily with soap and water. 

3) Applied autoglum leather balm with a microfibre cloth. Left overnight and wiped off excess next morning. You need very little of this. I reckon this bottle will last really long. 

After a few days i noticed a significant improvement in the texture of the 2 front seats which were quite worn before and the leather feels and looks much better now. Will give it another coat of balm after a couple of months. I did all of the above with the steering wheel as well. But that still looks shiny and not matt but like the seats small scratches and chips are all dyed now and not very noticeable. 

Ah thats super kind of you, thank you! ... it is great to have a reference for when I do it, makes me feel a lot safer. Thanks for the tips too. I shall report back in a while when I have the chance to try.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links