Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trim scuff marks

Hi folks, my 250h F-Sport will be 3 years old next month. I've really tried to look after it, but there are scuff marks on the plastic door trim, presumably caused by the seat belt. Also noticed the gear knob is just starting to show signs of wear. I've only done 27000 miles, and wondered, 

Is this normal?

Does anyone else have this wear?

Should I mention this to Lexus?

Any feedback appreciated 

IMG20220704174312.jpg

IMG20220704174300.jpg

Unfortunately nothing can be done about wear and tear.

Cant comment as our UXe doesnt have that particular gear knob. 

As for the B pillar trim, it looks like the seatbelt has literally been flung off and therefore hits that side. I always tend to place the seatbelt rather than remove so dont have that issue on ours

• Like 2

I did 90k miles in a C Class Merc, and 70k in a BMW 320 over 4 years and the interior in both still looked new. 3 years and 27k miles in the UX and it looks knackered...  This is why I'm asking if this is normal on the UX, I've not seen this before 

18 hours ago, UX250h said:

I did 90k miles in a C Class Merc, and 70k in a BMW 320 over 4 years and the interior in both still looked new. 3 years and 27k miles in the UX and it looks knackered...  This is why I'm asking if this is normal on the UX, I've not seen this before 

Both those cars have much harder wearing interiors though. For example the artico Mercedes use on seats is almost indestructible, but of course doesnt feel as nice. The Dakota leather in BMW is processed heavily as well. 

The materials in the Lexus are softer and therefore more delicate and need regular care. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's the plastic trim that's scratching, think scratches can be removed using a heat gun, I'll ask some detailers....  Also looking for seat belt buckle cover, as I think those are causing the scratches 

Put it down as wear and tear. I've noticed the bolster on the door side of the drivers seat looks a bit used. I bought some leather cleaner treatment 6 months after buying car with good intention to use it. I haven't yet but keep meaning to. Like @rayaans says give it a bit of care. Mine is 2 years old in Sept currently 10500 miles on the clock. Great car.

Hello there,

For the avoidance of doubt I’m NOT a detailer. However I’ve read, from those that do it professionally, that prudent use of a heat gun can mitigate the scuff marking on the B pillar. Also, toothpaste (who’d think of trying that out?) is an alternative. There’s no guarantee and do it at your own risk chaps.

FWIW, I gently trialled it on the magazine stowages on the back of driver and front passenger seats of my ES. I was pleasantly surprised by the affect it had. But I’d strongly advise a little bit repeated as required rather than a huge globule. 

Hope that might be of some use.

PeteTP

• 2 weeks later...

I don't drive a Lexus but have have always been a fan of the Lexus brand. The UX was too small for me and I knew that a new NX was about to be launched.

I drive a BMW X1 and noticed the same type of scuff marks on the B pillar. I realised that a metal button on the back of my trousers was catching the B pillar causing the scratches. I bought some Carplan Back to Black and rubbed some of the plastic scuff marks. I let it dry and the buffed off. Repeated this several times and the scratch marks have disappeared.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links