Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After 20 years….

Bobski

Well after being here (not as often over the last few years) for 20 yrs I have put a deposit down on a new car.

I looked at 2nd hand GS/IS but the current 2nd hand prices are, in my mind, far too high.

I’m not sure What I’m going to do with my IS. it’s been with me for so long….and it’s probably worth more in parts than selling it as it is.

• Like 1

Hi Robert. A deposit on a new car? New as in new or a used car? Did you not consider using your is200 as a deposit? Yes used car prices are a bit on the high side. What car are you getting then?

• Like 1

New/New 

My car, although I’m still driving it was written off in 2018 and no dealer would offer on it. And there are little in the way of scrappage schemes right now.

I'm going down the EV route with KIA.

I cover around 100 miles a day for work so EV will save £1-2 k a year at current costs.

The UX was off the table due to being too cramped and poor range as well as the cost of it was more than I felt it was worth.

still love my IS though. I doubt I will ever have another car like it for reliability.

• Like 1

Same Niro EV 4

Ordered the 30th June to get in b4 price increase.

Told it will be Dec.

they advised against the heat pump (I was on the fence on that)

Nice.

We missed out obviously as we weren't aware of the increase, so stuck at 6.9% APR now ☹️

Yes, same, we were advised against the heat pump as it apparently doesn't add much range at all.

What colour did you go for?  Mineral Blue with the same colour side slats here.  Such a shame the grey interior is only available on the White one as I prefer that to the black.

Also strange that you were quoted December.  When the order was placed today the system said they would be arriving much sooner, so it should certainly be true for you.

Orange flame with black C pillar.

I was offered the grey interior (starting to wonder where the dealers are getting their information.)

personal loan a cheaper option than KIA. (Worth checking)

Toyota cancelled my test drive and then increased the price of the BZ4x by around £2k making the base model go up from £41,950 to £43,780.

The KIA is around £7k cheaper for the base Niro EV ‘2’ with the higher spec ‘4’ model still cheaper than the base BZ4.

I also looked at other models too.

I even considered a 2016/17 Tesla with free charging for life (but a little concerned about the build quality and reliability of a 5 yr old car with asking prices of over £35k)

2 minutes ago, Bobski said:

Toyota cancelled my test drive and then increased the price of the BZ4x by around £2k making the base model go up from £41,950 to £43,780.

The KIA is around £7k cheaper for the base Niro EV ‘2’ with the higher spec ‘4’ model still cheaper than the base BZ4.

I also looked at other models too.

I even considered a 2016/17 Tesla with free charging for life (but a little concerned about the build quality and reliability of a 5 yr old car with asking prices of over £35k)

fair enough. Speaking of prices, why not a Leaf e+ Tekna  that is about 10K cheaper than Niro 4 for a very similar proposition?

A few reasons for me….

I wanted a realistic range of more than 200 miles. 

Overall size (my son is over 6’ and still growing 😕 )

in hindsight it would have been an option when all the incentives were still there. 

Also the lead times on cars with some over a year at present.

11 hours ago, Bobski said:

Orange flame with black C pillar.

I was offered the grey interior (starting to wonder where the dealers are getting their information.)

personal loan a cheaper option than KIA. (Worth checking)

Thanks.

There is some confusion regarding the interior colour it seems.  When the sales manager went to place the order on the system, it said the grey was available.  However, he had been told by Kia (and it is stated in the brochure) that the grey interior is only available with the White exterior.

Either way, didn't want to risk the order being cancelled by the factory if it was a mistake as that would have put back the build slot, so played it safe.  The black is still a nice interior so it won't be an issue. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Robert,

Literally day before yesterday got a call from the dealer that it is now in build.  He said it is currently expected to arrive at the dealership the week of the 21st Nov.

Slightly later than planned but at least it is moving in the right direction.

What's the word on yours?

Hopefully you will hear something soon.

Yeah, we are going for the Zappi:

https://myenergi.com/zappi-ev-charger/

We are trying to find someone who can install some solar panels at the moment (as you can imagine, somewhat difficult!), so the option for Zappi to use that as an energy source is a good bonus.

I have solar and was looking at Zappi. I’m not sure if there is a minimum power the car will accept also the winter months aren’t so great for solar. But obv good if you can charge in the summer.

I have a Battery on order for the excess solar as I’m fed up giving it to the grid for next to nothing then buying it back!

Well, the Zappi will supplement the solar power with charge from the grid, so the car will always be able to utilise the max available from your panels, which I would hope would be enough, even in winter.

Can I ask what Battery you have ordered?  It seems nigh on impossible to get your hands on one at the moment.  Also, since I don't have a smart meter, I won't be able to sell any excess back to the grid, not that it would be worth it anyway, as you say.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links