Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

South Coast meet in September

10 hours ago, B1RMA said:

If the location is okay might be worth doing it again there.

I certainly like the location (was near my house 🙂) and the owner of the Departure Lounge was more than happy to have us back should we decide to return.

I also want to have a look and see if that aircraft fuselage has anything in it 🙂

43 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I certainly like the location (was near my house 🙂) and the owner of the Departure Lounge was more than happy to have us back should we decide to return.

I also want to have a look and see if that aircraft fuselage has anything in it 🙂

Yes I noticed the fuselage too. With Lasham just up the road I wonder if it came from there. Many years ago Dan Air had big hangars at Lasham and we sprayed a few of them back in the day when they serviced big passenger jets.

• Like 1

It seems the post itself overall was well received and sparked some interest in future meets, which is superb.

As always some negative nancy's - where was my invite... can you do a non F car meet next time...

I did explain as clearly as I could that the club itself did not organise, it was a members idea and of course there is nothing stopping other groups organising their own meets... can't please everyone these days!

I do like the idea of more 'F meets', as well as an 'All Lexus' meet, can bring the slammed NX... (kidding), but the LS's could see some daylight!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ll pin a announcement next time thes a meet so the fb members get a heads up….👍🏻

10 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

It seems the post itself overall was well received and sparked some interest in future meets, which is superb.

As always some negative nancy's - where was my invite... can you do a non F car meet next time...

I did explain as clearly as I could that the club itself did not organise, it was a members idea and of course there is nothing stopping other groups organising their own meets... can't please everyone these days!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, speedfreek said:

They'll still moan Graham 😂

I know but at least I’ll try to settle the peasants 😂 

putting up a post just now explaining it wasn’t a FB organised meet and in future i will pin a meet post so all can see and get involved if they want….. either that or we get a directory of everyone’s address and sent them a flipping personal invite, with a rsvp and self addressed return envelope 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

had i of been on my toes i should of put something up awhile ago but didnt think about it at the time

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

So, I can confirm yes a branch DID hit my car and yes it DID leave a mark!

Luckily it hit the windscreen - which I only just noticed today....having had a dirty windscreen for a while.

Managed to get it off with glass cleaner, but took some elbow grease.

I am very lucky it did not hit bodywork, it would have dented for sure. PHEW.

Just now, BillNick said:

Luckily it hit the windscreen - which I only just noticed today....having had a dirty windscreen for a while.

That's super lucky Billy!  Could have been a disaster if it chipped paint / dented.

8 hours ago, BillNick said:

As someone who heard the thunk when the branch landed on your car, I am glad there was no lasting damage.  Lucky, as you say 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links