Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link App

4 minutes ago, hintonwood said:

How do you know it was updated?

My iphone app shows version 4.12.1(481)

Just answered my own question!

Went to the App Store and saw that it was showing an update available since 20 hours ago.

Have updated to 4.12.2 (483)

I have no idea yet what the “minor improvements and bug fixes” are though.

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

My Lexus Link app was updated on 15th July. Has anyone noticed any changes and, dare I hope, improvements?

Absolutely nothing improved as far as I am concerned.

My Android device just updated to Version 4.12.2

The update details simple report 'Minor Improvements and bug fixes'

When using the app, I dont see any difference, visually or functionally.

First impressions and all that, but I have to say that my first impression of my NX 450+h which I picked up today is that the vehicle is an absolute dream to drive, but the app and the infotainment system is something of a bag of spanners.   Admittedly, I haven't yet tried the Android Auto or apple Car-Play, but so far all the negatives relate to the tech.    My last car was a Peugeot 3008 (which I LOVED, but is light years behind my NX in terms of driver comfort).    Even with its frustrating infotainment system, the Peugeot still warned me in no uncertain terms that I was fast approaching a speed camera or drifting our of you lane (i.e "you haven't indicated before overtaking you dipstick").    So far, I haven't been able to get my top level trim NX 450+h Takumi to offer anything above an anaemic bleep that a fixed speed camera is ahead (which is drowned out by the Teutonic stylings of my Rammstein playlist) and the Lane Keep Assist is nothing more than a vague hint in the HUD that something is awry.    TBH, my wife does a far better job of alerting me to my driving transgressions (which are shrill and consistent) unlike the "warnings" from the NX system which have all the urgency and menace of a kitten stretching out in the noon-day sun.    Am I doing something wrong (apart from driving like a pratt) or is there anyway to make the warnings more wife-like?

• Haha 3

Hi Adrian you might want to check the settings on the LKA (it will take a bit of digging in the menus on the infotainment) to see what the warning is set to, mine definitely intervenes on occasions although subjectively it feels like it is behaving differently than LKA in the ES I had previously. And at least you have speed camera warnings, I discovered they are not included in the 9 inch version of the infotainment which I find is a bit of a rubbish decision as they were on both my previous vehicles which were base spec. I queried this with customer services whose answer was to use apple Maps or Wase!

• Sad 2

I updated the app yesterday.   This morning, I find that my Lexus is no longer listed in My Vehicles section of the My Lexus app (or website).   I had to go through the process of doing the initial set-up of the multimedia system and My Lexus app this morning.   Me and the tech are going to fall out in a significant way, I feel.

I've already fallen out with this technology. It appears to record one journey in 5 and at the moment is locating my car 30 miles away when in fact its only 30 feet from me. The only disappointing feature of a great car.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On the Northside Lexus NX Part 2 - Deep Dive Tutorial on Youtube, the presenter shows how you can start your car remotely from the Lexus phone app.   I can't find that interface anywhere in the app.   Is this feature regional i.e North America only or is it confined to the Iphone app (I am using the Android version)?

4 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

On the Northside Lexus NX Part 2 - Deep Dive Tutorial on Youtube, the presenter shows how you can start your car remotely from the Lexus phone app.   I can't find that interface anywhere in the app.   Is this feature regional i.e North America only or is it confined to the iPhone app (I am using the Android version)?

It's also described 35 minutes in to the Deep Dive Part 1 tutorial. Not sure if it's the same clip but of course both Deep Dives originate in the States. I wouldn't be surprised if its a US only feature as all recent European cars have to a feature that stops the engine after 1.5 seconds if, for example, stopped at traffic lights. To me, a remote engine start that runs the engine for 10 minutes with nobody in it doesn't fit with this ethos.

Find my car feature is terrible.

When the NX is parked locked up safe in my garage, the app thinks its at number 2, i live at 20.
And, on occasion the app thinks the NX is 4 miles away being driven out of town!

• Like 1

I looked at mine today and found something I had never noticed before.Accident Assistant, choose 2nd from left on bottom bar--3 horizontal lines,takes you to services and bottom option.It shows exact location text and map/correct time of when some stupid woman drove into the back of me. It even gives a bar chart of the severity of the impact--28/100

absolutley accurate and may be useful if you forget some aspect of the incident.

On 7/18/2022 at 10:50 PM, Stumpyuk said:

First impressions and all that, but I have to say that my first impression of my NX 450+h which I picked up today is that the vehicle is an absolute dream to drive, but the app and the infotainment system is something of a bag of spanners.   Admittedly, I haven't yet tried the Android Auto or Apple Car-Play, but so far all the negatives relate to the tech.    My last car was a Peugeot 3008 (which I LOVED, but is light years behind my NX in terms of driver comfort).    Even with its frustrating infotainment system, the Peugeot still warned me in no uncertain terms that I was fast approaching a speed camera or drifting our of you lane (i.e "you haven't indicated before overtaking you dipstick").    So far, I haven't been able to get my top level trim NX 450+h Takumi to offer anything above an anaemic bleep that a fixed speed camera is ahead (which is drowned out by the Teutonic stylings of my Rammstein playlist) and the Lane Keep Assist is nothing more than a vague hint in the HUD that something is awry.    TBH, my wife does a far better job of alerting me to my driving transgressions (which are shrill and consistent) unlike the "warnings" from the NX system which have all the urgency and menace of a kitten stretching out in the noon-day sun.    Am I doing something wrong (apart from driving like a pratt) or is there anyway to make the warnings more wife-like?

Best solution I've found for speed camera/traffic/congestion warnings is to install the Radarbot app onto my Android Phone.   It integrates well with Android Auto, so I use this for navigation.   When sounding a warning, the app dims the radio/audio that is playing so the warning is loud and clear.   There is a good, clear graphic overlaid on the map that shows distance to the speed camera and a level of confidence as to whether the camera is active or not.    

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 10:50 AM, zanderblue said:

The annoying incorrect notification I used to get saying door not closed fully has now disappeared after app update. So not all bad.

And it’s back……

it’s getting a bit tiresome!

I get that a well. However I think I’ve figured out why.

If the phone is in the house and I’m out doing anything to the inside of the car that’s when the message appears on the phone “one of your doors may not be shut properly” or something like that 

On 7/18/2022 at 10:50 PM, Stumpyuk said:

TBH, my wife does a far better job of alerting me to my driving transgressions (which are shrill and consistent) unlike the "warnings" from the NX system which have all the urgency and menace of a kitten stretching out in the noon-day sun.    Am I doing something wrong (apart from driving like a pratt) or is there anyway to make the warnings more wife-like?

If you ever find the MUTE button for your wife,let me know because Ive yet to find it for mine.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, zanderblue said:

And it’s back……

it’s getting a bit tiresome!

Am currently in France, just spent 90 chuffing minutes trying to lock the car, but it simply refused.  Triple checked the doors, the boot, the sun roof...then triple checked again...and again...and again, but it would not lock.  Checked the petrol cap, the charging port but it just wouldn't lock.  Eventually I noticed that the "Minister for War" had left her key-fob in the car cup-holder.  I removed it from the car and the vehicle locked straight-away.  I. HAVE. NOT.THE.WORDS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Stumpyuk said:

Am currently in France, just spent 90 chuffing minutes trying to lock the car, but it simply refused.  Triple checked the doors, the boot, the sun roof...then triple checked again...and again...and again, but it would not lock.  Checked the petrol cap, the charging port but it just wouldn't lock.  Eventually I noticed that the "Minister for War" had left her key-fob in the car cup-holder.  I removed it from the car and the vehicle locked straight-away.  I. HAVE. NOT.THE.WORDS!!!!

Thanks for the tale of woe. I'll never forget your experience and if I have a similar conundrum, it might save me hours of anguish at some point in the future.

12 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

Have experienced the same situation!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the Lexus Link app on my tablet for a few months and used it to track the progress of my car through build etc. Tonight, I thought it was time to download the app onto my phone. I went to the Play Store as usual, entered 'Lexus Link' into the search bar and was offered the Lexus app. I noticed something was off and started looking deeper.

The default app I had been offered was the US version instead of the European version! Looking back at earlier comments in this thread, it would seem that most, if not all, have the correct app but given that the US version was offered first and the icons for the two versions are identical, it is possible that somebody out there has the 'wrong' version - and that might be causing additional problems for their vehicle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links