Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone tried the Self Parking on new NX?

Has anyone tried the self parking mode on the new NX, and is it activated yet on the App.  I know it is supposed to find spaces and move into them, but would it do this in a domestic garage (anyone brave enough).  There is some YouTube videos of Teslas doing it, albeit very slowly.

Depends on which feature you are referring to.  I have tried the Advanced Parking mode where you are sat in the car and the car takes over and moves into a parking spot.  The proposed remote parking feature where you are outside the car is now on hold and has not been rolled out.    The Advanced Parking mode works well in well marked parking bays, but not sure that you could use it to park in your garage.

Thanks Adrian.  It is the Advanced Parking mode I am talking about: not sure what Lexus calls it: "Advanced" is not exactly clear, as what I really want is an extremely advanced parking mode!  I presume it is relatively slow compared to being under human control: I have never needed help parking (apart from sensors, rear camera etc).  I think parking in an unmarked narrow garage barely wider than the car would be a bit of a stretch.

6 minutes ago, AlanDL said:

Thanks Adrian.  It is the Advanced Parking mode I am talking about: not sure what Lexus calls it: "Advanced" is not exactly clear, as what I really want is an extremely advanced parking mode!  I presume it is relatively slow compared to being under human control: I have never needed help parking (apart from sensors, rear camera etc).  I think parking in an unmarked narrow garage barely wider than the car would be a bit of a stretch.

You can change the speed of the manoeuvring in the vehicle settings, so when you have it on the "fast" setting it is comparable to speeds when under human control.    Just find a car park where there are a lot of free consecutive spaces to try it out.   There is a good tutorial here at 2:04:35 

4 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

The proposed remote parking feature where you are outside the car is now on hold and has not been rolled out.  

Do you have any details as to why it is on hold? Official notice etc? Any idea as to when it will be available?

I have a Takumi on order and this is the first I have heard of the remote parking being on hold.

9 minutes ago, imgo said:

Do you have any details as to why it is on hold? Official notice etc? Any idea as to when it will be available?

I have a Takumi on order and this is the first I have heard of the remote parking being on hold.

Certainly for the North American market it will not be available for 2022 builds, but possible for 2023 builds.    Not sure whether it is a regulatory thing and thus may still be released in Europe but I am assuming that the feature will not be available globally. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-2nd-gen-2022-current/985033-remote-parks-is-gone-for-the-2022-nx.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Once entering a space and once leaving for me, Bill. 

I have to say, I wasn’t impressed with either. The car seems to grab the brakes too much, so lots of typical ‘grabby/graunchy’ sounds. Also, I wasn’t keen on it twizzling the wheel whilst stationary - which just causes additional wear to the tyres. I’m assuming it’s the same with all NX’s with this feature, but mine also put an indicator on even when backing out of a space. 

On exiting a space it seemed to work reasonably well - although slow. When entering a space it seemed to be even slower. Whilst it lined itself up in the bay perfectly fine, it left quite a bit of a gap from the car in front. It said it’s completed it’s self-parking and done it’s ‘camera spinny thing’ on the screen. However, the entire boot section of the car was still sticking out! I had to put the car back into drive and move it forward the final three feet or so. 

I’m happy enough that I’ve tried it - but to me it’s just a gimmick I can happily live without. I prefer parking myself.

• Like 2

Where it would be particularly useful is the unpark facility if it were allowed on our LexusLink app as they have in the USA and Canada.
Great when cars park too close!

But disabled in the U.K.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links