Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

My son squirted a small amount of water towards me in the driving seat. Following which the radio unit wont turn on..... It really wasn't much water at all....

The LCD display is fine but stuck on map mode (the mouse pointer works) but the menu wont work and the radio wont power on....so I cant control anything...interestingly the fan (which was on at the time) has kept on and if I pop a CD in it will start.....so its all about the function buttons not working on the head unit including the a/c and heated front/rear window controls. Also the menu controls on the steering wheel aren't responding.....which makes me think a fuse has blown somewhere.. 

Anyone had anything similar- I've looked at most of the fuses- which point to radio etc  EXCEPT 18, 19 and 20 within the passenger compartment which are difficult to get to and say:

18 HEATER 10 A Air conditioning system
19 ECU-IG1 NO. 2 10 A Air conditioning system, multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, SRS airbag system, multi-information display, capacitor
20 PANEL 10 A Switch illumination, navigation system, height control system, headlight cleaner, windshield wiper de-icer, seat heater, power back door, audio system, multi-information display, air conditioning system

Does anyone have any ideas?  

Many thanks 

Hi Stefan and welcome to the LOC.

You could try blowing some warm air around the facia and buttons which may dry out the internals but obviously not too much heat to start melting things.

I also understand there is a reset procedure for the multimedia system by pressing and holding the on/off button?

As for your son I would get him with the hose pipe 😀

• Like 1

Many thanks Steve. I did try the warm air  and nothing...

Re the reset the on/off button is completely unresponsive as are many of the other buttons....(including those on the steering wheel and the A/C buttons). I took out and checked one radio fuse and that resulted in the media resetting but the problem is still there after. 

It may be finito but Its just weird that the AC still blows and the CD will come on if a disc is inserted.... Appears to be an issue with something specific that provides power to many items on the facia universally....such as a specific fuse

56 minutes ago, Sefnot said:

Many thanks Peter but ..sorry to be really stupid but how do i disconnect battery?
many thanks

The 12V Battery is under the boot flooring, so just unbolt the Battery clamps and remove the cables from it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links