Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anybody changed the parking brake shoes on a Mk1 GS 300 Sport before ??? Had a look yesterday and can't figure out how they come off ... also anybody freed it from sticking out before ???

Cheers for any help guys ...

The 'drum' is the disk itself, the shoes are forced outwards onto the inner surface of the disc when the brake is applied ...

None of you guys changed the shoes before ? I guess if like me, you only ever leave it in park and not bother with the hand (foot) brake ... warning then, this can become seized over time hence my problem of not being able to drive off after my brother -in-law applied the footbrake ... hence the need to remove and change the shoes ... :crybaby:

Mine were worn out and would not hold the car, metal to metal, I think it was

driven with the brake on by the last owner, :unsure: I dident do anything about it until

the MOT, Lexus Wolverhampton did the job (with the mot) new shoes, new disks, new pads and MOT £508 INL VAT. :yack:

500 notes for something I dont use :angry:

Jeezus !!! :blink: My local Lexus (Manchester) wanted £68 +VAT for the shoes and duly recommended I tried somewhere else, my local brake factors charged me £18 + VAT for OEM shoes ... :hehe: All I need to know now is how to fit the bloomin' things !!!

Get yourself a club hammer and a bit of wood then bash the living daylights all around the disc until its freed itself...

Scorpion - Why would I wana do that when the disk comes off freely ??? :blink:

It's the shoes that are stuck outwards i.e. no movement when the footbrake is depressed ...

Nobody here hd to change their parking brake ??? You lcky, lucky people ...

Nobody here hd to change their parking brake ??? You lcky, lucky people ...

I think it's more like, none of us have bothered! :P

And you being "an engineer" and all that :P

well if the disc comes off easily and you have access to the shoes then the rest should be pretty straight forward - release the handbrake cable, retaining pins, springs and adjuster etc - i know its easier said than done and some like the bmw can be a real pain in the a***

Hey, I didn't ask for that!! :unsure:

Jus cause i'm an engineer (or so my qualifications say) it don't stop me being lazy!!

I can tell you now, i've been called many things - and none of them have been engineer! :lol:

B)

Hey, I didn't ask for that!! :unsure:

Jus cause i'm an engineer (or so my qualifications say) it don't stop me being lazy!!

I can tell you now, i've been called many things - and none of them have been engineer! :lol:

B)

Soz mate but I didn't ask for smart ***** comments neither ... :winky: :lol:

BTW - I never called you an engineer - that's what you called yourself in a post elsewhere !!!

Fluff - I'll try and get some piccies - especially if all goes to plan ... :D

well if the disc comes off easily and you have access to the shoes then the rest should be pretty straight forward - release the handbrake cable, retaining pins, springs and adjuster etc - i know its easier said than done and some like the bmw can be a real pain in the a***

Excuse me....isn't this what i said in the first reply,they're all pretty much the same if you have a good look around you will see how its put together....crikes

It aint rocket science :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links