Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Green Wheel Dust Covers

8 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Ha, the real question is, what happened to the original metal F-Sport caps? Those aren't cheap!

What?!?!?  It should of had the metal caps?

the plot thickens…..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

What?!?!?  It should of had the metal caps?

the plot thickens…..

I don't actually know if they come as standard on the car, but it's these (technically I shouldn't link directly to external site, so here's a screenshot):

image.thumb.png.43587fb4b1ad87f82ee638e597193347.png

2 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

I don't actually know if they come as standard on the car, but it's these: https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-f-sport-tyre-valve-dust-cap/

Ah, I have seen them but wasn’t sure if they should have been fitted.  Not a massive fan of them personally and have had bad experiences of metal due to galvanic corrosion.

8 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Ah, I have seen them but wasn’t sure if they should have been fitted.  Not a massive fan of them personally and have had bad experiences of metal due to galvanic corrosion.

I wonder if it was the same experience I had when attempts to remove the only metal dust cap resulted in sheering the stem clean off the TPMS valve!

Mind you, it did demonstrate the wisdom of having a spare tyre - albeit a SpaceSaver - and not having to rely on an injectable gloop kit.  😡

2 hours ago, LenT said:

I wonder if it was the same experience I had when attempts to remove the only metal dust cap resulted in sheering the stem clean off the TPMS valve!

Mind you, it did demonstrate the wisdom of having a spare tyre - albeit a SpaceSaver - and not having to rely on an injectable gloop kit.  😡

Yes I learnt that lesson too fortunately on my Mini. I put a bit of marine grade grease on the thread now.

• Like 1

I don't bother with a drive to the petrol station to discover their pump is broken or inaccurate, Instead I use a track pump:

image.jpeg.6b9dcac372369d8b7dd88dd64c95655d.jpeg

Mine cost about £12 from Decathlon about 15 years ago. It also works for my bicycles.

One of these helps me get a more accurate reading:

URAQT Tyre Pressure Gauge, 4 Ranges Digital Inflator Tyre with Tyre Tread  Depth Gauge and 4

3 hours ago, MNMJ said:

I don't bother with a drive to the petrol station to discover their pump is broken or inaccurate, Instead I use a track pump:

Mine cost about £12 from Decathlon about 15 years ago. It also works for my bicycles.

Very impressive!  That’s the kind of hard work not many people would put in these days - including myself!

I have a Battery powered automatic jobby and that’s quite arduous enough for me, thank you very much. 😊

• Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, MNMJ said:

One of these helps me get a more accurate reading:

URAQT Tyre Pressure Gauge, 4 Ranges Digital Inflator Tyre with Tyre Tread  Depth Gauge and 4

Same! Track pumps are great, I have a Topeak with a gauge. I don't really like the powered ones, at least the one I used was ridiculously loud and I don't think it even saved much time compared to pumping.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:24 PM, LenT said:

That’s the kind of hard work not many people would put in these days

It was indeed hard work outside a hotel in the Netherlands as I was trying to put in a lot more pressure for a high speed early morning Autobahn blast. Adding just one or two PSI at home is easy.

Amusingly, the random function on my sound system dished up the Dambusters' March as I crossed the border into Germany. The next time I crossed into the Fatherland, it gave me 633 Squadron. I think the car has a sense of humour.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links