Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My RCF

Hi all picked up my RCF from @emjay82 a couple of weeks ago, finally got a chance to give it a clean and take some pictures.

Absolutely loving the car so far, the high rpm downshifts are just 😋

There's a few things I am wanting to do to it cosmetically, just standard stuff really. I feel like it really needs spacers as the stock offset makes it look a bit weak and will probably refurb the alloys to more of the GSF smoke chrome look with the orange calipers. After that it's a dechroming and tinting the windows, anyone have any thoughts on a subtle chameleon tint for the front window?

Oh and it really needs a new exhaust, ideally something valved as I am driving the car daily and need to look somewhat sensible at times. If anyone if selling an exhaust please message me.

I'll add any changes on to the thread as they happen

1582255751_FrontCorner.thumb.jpg.0623d5d6a1e9dcf3cf0146be059ff8e8.jpg

.1338631525_RearCorner.thumb.jpg.dd8de37756fc7fd76c36892481a0033e.jpg

• Like 5

Hello, congrats and welcome to becoming an F-er! 😛

Spacers are a good option, 15 or 20mm seem to the go-to's, each to their own!

There is another thread titled 'My RC F' or something very similar with a lovely build coming along and sounds like you want to do things pretty similar, might be worth a look if you haven't already!

I have never liked those wheels for the car, so a colour change might do them a bit more justice.

The exhaust is very much a go to mod as well to really give you some of that NA V8 noise we love so dearly. Youtube and US forums showcase the systems available to you and a few members on here may chip in with their systems!

Another modder, we seem to be growing!! Car looks lovely, glad you’re enjoying it!  There are a few of us with threads outlining some of the mods you are talking about, takes a surprisingly small amount to make a big difference!

Look forward to seeing this progressing!

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Hello, congrats and welcome to becoming an F-er! 😛

Spacers are a good option, 15 or 20mm seem to the go-to's, each to their own!

There is another thread titled 'My RC F' or something very similar with a lovely build coming along and sounds like you want to do things pretty similar, might be worth a look if you haven't already!

I have never liked those wheels for the car, so a colour change might do them a bit more justice.

The exhaust is very much a go to mod as well to really give you some of that NA V8 noise we love so dearly. Youtube and US forums showcase the systems available to you and a few members on here may chip in with their systems!

Thanks, yeah I had a good look through @ben_harmer32's thread really nice car and definitely the direction I want to go. I agree on the wheels, not a huge fan of the standard diamond cut finish. I think the GSF just had much nicer stock wheels from Lexus, the smoked chrome and orange calipers definitely scream F more than than the diamond cut wheels and black calipers of the RCF. All horses for courses though I am sure there are lots of people that prefer the more subtle style of the stock RCF rims.

2 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Another modder, we seem to be growing!! Car looks lovely, glad you’re enjoying it!  There are a few of us with threads outlining some of the mods you are talking about, takes a surprisingly small amount to make a big difference!

Look forward to seeing this progressing!

Thank you, I actually ordered the wheel spacers from the part numbers from your thread as your fitment looked bang on. Life is so much easier when you can follow in the footsteps of people who have already done the hard work figuring things out! 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, nice RCF. Yes the high RPM downshifts are one of the highlights!

Already thinking about mods eh? I've kept mine standard so far. They are already nice cars, they don't need much if anything. Maybe an exhaust and some subtle appearance mods if that's your thing. OEM+

Enjoy it. Not many V8s around, they're special.

3 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Welcome to the forum, nice RCF. Yes the high RPM downshifts are one of the highlights!

Already thinking about mods eh? I've kept mine standard so far. They are already nice cars, they don't need much if anything. Maybe an exhaust and some subtle appearance mods if that's your thing. OEM+

Enjoy it. Not many V8s around, they're special.

Thanks Rob, absolutely they are lovely cars. I definitely have a problem, I was already thinking about what I would do to it before I even picked it up... It's an illness really 🤣

The goal is really getting it to look like how I personally would have wanted it to look coming out of the factory. The end result for me is likely to be a bit more understated than the Track Edition that Lexus themselves put out with the permanent spoiler and carbon bonnet. Part of me loves anything carbon but I think for the daily the carbon bonnet may be a bit too much.

6 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Welcome.

No!!!!!! Leave her standard 🙂

That car looks familiar.... 🤔

😁

I guess with there being so few RCFs and especially GSFs you guys probably see the same cars doing the rounds a fair bit. This particular one belonged to @emjay82 for about 6 months before I bought it.

Honestly not sure about the history before then but according to the service book the first service was Lexus Milton Keynes then it was at Lexus Hull for 3 years then Lexus Leicester for service 5, Lexus Hatfield for services 6 & 7 and then finally Lexus Cheltenham for service 8. It's a full service history which is great but the car certainly has been around the country!! Hopefully it will be with me for the foreseeable future and the next few stamps will be from Lexus Newcastle!

19 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Welcome.

No!!!!!! Leave her standard 🙂

That car looks familiar.... 🤔

Oh and according to the report I ran it was running the plate 435SRL for about 3 years between 2016 and 2019, not sure if that helps jog anything

53 minutes ago, TG1 said:

Thanks Rob, absolutely they are lovely cars. I definitely have a problem, I was already thinking about what I would do to it before I even picked it up... It's an illness really 🤣

The goal is really getting it to look like how I personally would have wanted it to look coming out of the factory. The end result for me is likely to be a bit more understated than the Track Edition that Lexus themselves put out with the permanent spoiler and carbon bonnet. Part of me loves anything carbon but I think for the daily the carbon bonnet may be a bit too much.

I daily mine with a carbon bonnet, ive bought 2 seibon CF bonnets plus CF rear active wing and the CF wing inserts  upgraded my exhaust  to a valvetronic Armytrix system plus a few other mods… kinda happy with it now…. But thes always more to upgrade/change on it 😂 

376762E4-B977-48A2-93D6-4C576A3B12EA.jpeg

1AFE7327-8E0E-4C2D-A89D-E0D9902F3B71.jpeg

E7926AB6-AD8E-477B-B047-8F6598F232EA.jpeg

B3491C4B-F00F-43B5-956E-19492434F67A.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TG1 said:

Thanks, yeah I had a good look through @ben_harmer32's thread really nice car and definitely the direction I want to go. I agree on the wheels, not a huge fan of the standard diamond cut finish. I think the GSF just had much nicer stock wheels from Lexus, the smoked chrome and orange calipers definitely scream F more than than the diamond cut wheels and black calipers of the RCF. All horses for courses though I am sure there are lots of people that prefer the more subtle style of the stock RCF rims.

Thank you, I actually ordered the wheel spacers from the part numbers from your thread as your fitment looked bang on. Life is so much easier when you can follow in the footsteps of people who have already done the hard work figuring things out! 

Thank you! I'm very happy with the way mine is looking now. However, I was at Lexus a few weeks back and they had a carbon edition in blue. I loved the way it looked and how the carbon complimented the blue. So I am contemplating a carbon bonnet and roof for mine in the near future. 

I personally think the lip kit, wheels, suspension and exhaust are how it should have looked from the factory. It's an F car, needs to shout it a bit 😄 

302795885_785150775866030_203064837067939362_n.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mr2lad said:

I daily mine with a carbon bonnet, ive bought 2 seibon CF bonnets plus CF rear active wing and the CF wing inserts  upgraded my exhaust  to a valvetronic Armytrix system plus a few other mods… kinda happy with it now…. But thes always more to upgrade/change on it 😂

Gorgeous car mate, the CF really suits the black. I've seen people wrap the area behind the vent with CF wrap. Is yours a solid piece of CF that sticks to the car or a replacement piece? Looks great either way!

I know what you mean though, always just a little something to do

6 hours ago, ben_harmer32 said:

Thank you! I'm very happy with the way mine is looking now. However, I was at Lexus a few weeks back and they had a carbon edition in blue. I loved the way it looked and how the carbon complimented the blue. So I am contemplating a carbon bonnet and roof for mine in the near future. 

I personally think the lip kit, wheels, suspension and exhaust are how it should have looked from the factory. It's an F car, needs to shout it a bit 😄 

302795885_785150775866030_203064837067939362_n.png

I've never actually seen a carbon one in the flesh, it always looks much better in person.

I've ordered a new reg for it too, just waiting for the v750 and I'm getting the square front printed. Gives the car a nice import japanese vibe

The wheels are done! For the rims I went with a smoked chrome look where the base coat is black and then chrome is sprayed onto the front face. This make the front of the rim brighter and fades to black as you go further back like the stock rims but darker and more uniform vs the diamond cut. I used 20mm spacers front and 15mm rear. The brake calipers were sanded and sprayed in situ in the brightest orange they had with white Lexus decals on top, I wasn't 100% sure about the colour combination so wanted to go for the easier option first. If the caliper paint flakes in a couple of years I will probably get them stripped off and the paint baked on but will see how durable this is. I know of several other cars done in this way where the paint still looks great years on but time will tell.

New wheel 

373050415_NewFront.thumb.jpg.2d84a9a2a244bf9463e7deeb34d81105.jpg

At the refurb place, probably the cleanest the rims will ever be

684500570_RefurbishedRimsandCalipers.thumb.jpg.8b81407b06a66e0758a4391bed46d996.jpg

And at the petrol station on the way back

521373708_AtpetrolStation.thumb.jpg.263cf0fddff4226299f06857270bc33d.jpg

223481301_PetrolStation2.thumb.jpg.97210502c3c86c05c7363fab8512d87f.jpg

The fitment with the spacers is much better, it's hard to capture on camera just how much of a difference 20mm & 15mm spacers make

2146030030_FitmentwithSpacers.thumb.jpg.3ee5cb6e8a2bdc4bbd41f122a7facd74.jpg

I also managed to snap the locking wheel nut key on the 4th wheel when I was fitting the spacers earlier in the week. Luckily Lexus Newcastle were great about this and took off the old locking wheel nuts with their master and put on new locking wheel nuts.

Bad luck with the wheel nut!! Had 2 locking wheels nuts strip on the wifes NX, too many dugga duggas by Lexus dealership as they were last ones to touch wheels, they were brilliant though and replaced them without hesitation.

Wheels look wayyy better, just get it lowered and that'll finish the look off nicely.

Take the wheels off, clean them and ceramic coat them, make your life easier whilst you have the chance on fresh paint!!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Bad luck with the wheel nut!! Had 2 locking wheels nuts strip on the wifes NX, too many dugga duggas by Lexus dealership as they were last ones to touch wheels, they were brilliant though and replaced them without hesitation.

Wheels look wayyy better, just get it lowered and that'll finish the look off nicely.

Take the wheels off, clean them and ceramic coat them, make your life easier whilst you have the chance on fresh paint!!

+1 this!  I ceramic coated mine and it makes such a big difference!  Just snow foam and rinse weekly and use Bilt Hamber once a month or so.

Glad you like the spacers, amazing how much difference it makes to the stance.  I’ve got Swift Springs on mine and that improves it further too!

Looks really good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

How much did the alloy refurb cost? I have the same wheels and two of them have a few flakes so need a refurb anyway. I like what you did as it looks kind of original to be fair!

I paid 300 for the rims. The price varies quite a bit but you'll probably looking between 60 to 120 per rim depending on where you are in the country and the place you're visiting. Any more and it's probably too expensive but inflation is crazy at the moment. Obviously getting 4 done at the same time is cheaper per rim.

I've had a few bits wrapped and tinted and a dechrome. I just need to clean the car and I'll get some pics up.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I've been pretty terrible at updating this thread but I've just had the car back from Lexus after the recall work and it's somewhat clean so I thought I would post some pictures. There has been a lot of minor changes since September.

163067484_RCFFront.thumb.jpg.c7e96d43774f1fc109a54353b1c65cc4.jpg

1232294249_RCFFrontQuarter.thumb.jpg.1aceb684cbf0c3623610c29206c0cac7.jpg

1543642854_RCFRearQuarter.thumb.jpg.9b1225af64e29f25a66b7f4792d390ce.jpg

The changes I remember are the the maxton body kit, dechrome, gloss black wrap (spoiler, wing mirrors, roof & hood vent), window tints, tinted rear lights and badges.

The main thing I want to do next is change the exhaust, the stock exhaust just doesn't have enough character. If anyone wants to sell me one drop me a pm 😉

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TG1 said:

I've been pretty terrible at updating this thread but I've just had the car back from Lexus after the recall work and it's somewhat clean so I thought I would post some pictures. There has been a lot of minor changes since September.

163067484_RCFFront.thumb.jpg.c7e96d43774f1fc109a54353b1c65cc4.jpg

1232294249_RCFFrontQuarter.thumb.jpg.1aceb684cbf0c3623610c29206c0cac7.jpg

1543642854_RCFRearQuarter.thumb.jpg.9b1225af64e29f25a66b7f4792d390ce.jpg

The changes I remember are the the maxton body kit, dechrome, gloss black wrap (spoiler, wing mirrors, roof & hood vent), window tints, tinted rear lights and badges.

The main thing I want to do next is change the exhaust, the stock exhaust just doesn't have enough character. If anyone wants to sell me one drop me a pm 😉

Looks good, need to get that grill done too though.  Spacers look good too!😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links