Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New from Lancashire

John.E

Hello everyone,

My name is John E. from near Warrington but just inside Lancashire, married to Bev and with just one cat!

My first Lexus was a Soarer with a 3L engine and LPG conversion which was lovely. At the time, Bev drove a Toyota HiLux but after a while, we got rid of those and bought an older RX300.

A lovely car that served us very well until we emigrated to Greece a couple of years ago. Sadly, Greek and EU bureaucracy wouldn’t allow us to register it over there and we had to take it off the road and eventually a friendly local dealer broke it up for us.

Well, we’re back in England now for good and we’re looking for another Lexus RX.

Most likely a 400 or 450 hybrid but our budget is relatively low so maybe just into five figures?

I’m reading up about the 450s and they do seem to be very good, any advice on what to look for, please?

Cheers all,

John

Hello John and welcome back to blighty and to the best Lexus forum there is. Choosing the RX is excellent as they're such a good and reliable car. You really do need to look in the RX section of the forum as within you'll find answers to all the questions you can think of. Good luck in your search for another RX. If you could stretch to the 450h then that's the one to go for as it's just better all round than the 400h. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, John.E said:

Hello everyone,

My name is John E. from near Warrington but just inside Lancashire, married to Bev and with just one cat!

My first Lexus was a Soarer with a 3L engine and LPG conversion which was lovely. At the time, Bev drove a Toyota HiLux but after a while, we got rid of those and bought an older RX300.

A lovely car that served us very well until we emigrated to Greece a couple of years ago. Sadly, Greek and EU bureaucracy wouldn’t allow us to register it over there and we had to take it off the road and eventually a friendly local dealer broke it up for us.

Well, we’re back in England now for good and we’re looking for another Lexus RX.

Most likely a 400 or 450 hybrid but our budget is relatively low so maybe just into five figures?

I’m reading up about the 450s and they do seem to be very good, any advice on what to look for, please?

Cheers all,

John

Welcome John, good to have a diehard Toyota man with us.

That Soarer sounds an interesting vehicle with a straight Toyota in line 6?

Vlad has offered some sound advice and there are plenty on the market.

I would advise that you buy from a Lexus Dealer if you can, although there are occasionally some gems available outside of the Dealership Network. But there are many dubious operators there too.

We have a number of 300/400/450h owners on the Forum and I`m sure that they will be along soon to offer advice.

Hi John, (.E)

We plumped for a RX450h three years ago, and have never failed to be impressed with it.  Of course, the used car market continues to be somewhat bullish - and the Lexus brand, because of its build quality and reliability will always hold their values - but I agree with royoftherovers, purchase from a Lexus Dealership if you can - at least you should be getting a car that's been properly checked over!

A list of all the dealerships vehicles is here:  https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/Lexus/rx

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links