Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Passenger windows not working.

Hi guys, I haven't driven the car for over 2 weeks due to illness, but the missus has been out & about in it every few days or so in that time. Last weekend she told me that only the driver's window works fine and that the passenger windows have stopped working, which seems to be the case. However, all the windows work as they should when the roof is opened, but only the driver's window will go up and down, the passenger windows stay down until the roof is closed again. 

Any ideas? I hope I've explained the fault appropriately. Logic kind of tells me it's not a fuse, otherwise there'd be no movement whatsoever. 

Is there some 'secret' button pressing sequence that has to be performed to reset the windows? 

Bear in mind that wifey has been the kiss of death to most of the cars we've owned, and I'm not kidding. 

Any tips/hacks/help will be massively appreciated, cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Check the master switch on the driver's door switch panel. It may have been switched on (depressed) accidentally and this will disable all window operations other that the driver's window.  Windows will continue to operate normally during roof operation.

Dec.

• Thanks 1

Drive each window up and down with its own switch - ie the one on the door, not the switch on the driver's door. Pause holding down the switch when the window is fully closed for a couple of seconds.

4 hours ago, Beamish said:

Check the master switch on the driver's door switch panel. It may have been switched on (depressed) accidentally and this will disable all window operations other that the driver's window.  Windows will continue to operate normally during roof operation.

Dec.

Thanks for all the replies. Beamish, you nailed it! I hadn't thought about the lock switch - it had been inadvertently pressed and therefore locked the operation of the other windows.

Haven't been quite myself lately, and was thinking that the issue was something more complicated. Now that I think about it, the same thing happened on another car I had. Thanks again!

7 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Not everyone has a manual, especially if the car has changed hands a few times and it has got lost along the way.

Well if you can post on a forum, I guess you can use Google and put in ‘Lexus’ ‘IS250’ ‘Manual’ and you will get something like this,

https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/LEXUS/OM53A88E.pdf

With a web address like that, I would think twice about clicking that link even though it is obviously fine in this case.

Also, call me old fashioned, but when someone asks for help that I can easily supply, I would rather do so than beat them over the head about the manual, especially in the manner you did.  It also doesn't suggest the friendly and generally helpful atmosphere that this forum usually represents, but that is just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links