Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BAR to PSI

Is there any way of swapping the tyre pressure info from BAR to PSI on the settings system.

I have now tried a few times and can't seem to see how i go about changing it .... unless of course there is no way of doing it?

5 minutes ago, ScoFair said:

Is there any way of swapping the tyre pressure info from BAR to PSI on the settings system.

I have now tried a few times and can't seem to see how i go about changing it .... unless of course there is no way of doing it?

1 Bar= 15 psi (14.9) Scott if that helps.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ScoFair said:

Not sure you can, but why do you need to do this?

I always check and set my tyre pressures using BAR as this appears to be the most accepted unit of measure  in use currently. In the past I would have used PSI as that appeared to be used more.

If the objective is to ensure the correct tyre pressure does it matter if you use BAR or PSI, as the end result is the same? The door card will show the required pressure in BAR.

9 minutes ago, ScoFair said:

It's only coz i have only ever used PSI so used to that method of judging the pressures.

A bit like using miles rather than Km. Old school i guess!

I was the same Scott, now I use BAR and I must admit it seems easier to use and understand.

Feel the same about miles and Km, not adjusted yet, but I find more and more applications default to Km, and I use it more than before. This old dog might still be able to learn some new tricks.

27 minutes ago, Moleman said:

I was the same Scott, now I use BAR and I must admit it seems easier to use and understand.

Feel the same about miles and Km, not adjusted yet, but I find more and more applications default to Km, and I use it more than before. This old dog might still be able to learn some new tricks.

Funny isnt it, none of us think of asking for a litre of beer, do we ?

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Funny isnt it, none of us think of asking for a litre of beer, do we ?

Would not mind if they charged the same for a litre as a pint, could learn to make that change. 🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Moleman said:

I am same Maurice i use bar but cant get round to KM your not alone. 

14 hours ago, ScoFair said:

Not sure Scot. But have a play on settings you can change Miles to Km or MPH to KMh so you might be able to change tire settings. Have a look at customitation

7 hours ago, ALAW said:

Not sure Scot. But have a play on settings you can change Miles to Km or MPH to KMh so you might be able to change tire settings. Have a look at customitation

The question has been asked numerous times and no way has been found so far, not even via Techstream.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links