Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SATNAV updates

Chammers

I purchased my LC500 3 years ago and before doing so asked a series of questions for clarification. One of them was regarding satnav updates and I was clearly told it was just a software installation and would not be chargeable. Now 3 years later all the people I dealt with have left the franchise and I have just had my 3rd service and MOT carried out there. In addition I asked them to check if I had the latest satnav update - they quoted the following: Licence Key £244.99 and Map update USB £40.13 - total £285.12. I remained calm and am considering what to do - anyone else experienced this? 

IIRC the map updates are free for the first 3 years only and chargeable thereafter.

Do you have the Lexus Link app and have an online account? You can check the map updates you have already had (OTA?) and what subscription is active

Yep map updates are free for the first 3 years. 

So if its over 3 years old they will no longer be free unfortunately.

TBH Ive not updated my maps since the car was built in 2015. Roads dont massively change. There may be a few junctions missing but it wont make a massive difference regardless. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chammers said:

I purchased my LC500 3 years ago and before doing so asked a series of questions for clarification. One of them was regarding satnav updates and I was clearly told it was just a software installation and would not be chargeable. Now 3 years later all the people I dealt with have left the franchise and I have just had my 3rd service and MOT carried out there. In addition I asked them to check if I had the latest satnav update - they quoted the following: Licence Key £244.99 and Map update USB £40.13 - total £285.12. I remained calm and am considering what to do - anyone else experienced this? 

I think your dealership representative got confused with Sat Nav updates, and software up dates, your now have to pay for sat nav map updates, but not for software updates.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links