Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fill her up and 1 shot please

17 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

And we Beetle Owners who waved at each other

and the friendly wave from the AA man

and the man who came and filled your car up for you and washed the windscreen 

and the button on the floor left of the clutch pedal, which operated the Headlamps

and the radio which took 30 minutes to warm up

and Cross Ply tyres

I seem to remember a button on the floor that dropped a gear on an old Mercedes that I had, useful when overtaking.

• Like 2

Visiting my mum and she has just given me a little book where my grandad recorded the petrol he put into his car (a Morris Traveller I think, if this was the one with a wood frame on the outside). On the 4th January 1966, he put 4 gallons in the car on his way from Sevenoaks to Maidstone for £1, 1 shilling and 8 old pence.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

a Morris Traveller I think, if this was the one with a wood frame on the outside)

As I recall, this was the model that Barry Humphries, while narrating a documentary on Stratford-on-Avon, saw one and referred to it as ‘Half-timbered’ in keeping with the buildings.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 11:39 AM, markeyszoo said:

I seem to remember a button on the floor that dropped a gear on an old Mercedes that I had, useful when overtaking.

I remember some cars had a foot button on the floor to dip the lights.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

foot button on the floor to dip the lights.

yes ..........  keep your hands on the steering wheel proper in those days .  no frigging around like we do now wondering which bit to push / pull / twist whatever ....  ah !  but no good for one legged veterans tho' :unsure:

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links