Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus service plan and warranty

Heya

had my is300h since may.

I have just a taken out a service plan costing £1200 on a 2 year plan “ouch”

my logic being that it’s the 9 year and 10 year service on my car. To give me the extended warranty and make sure the big 100k one is done. 
car currently has 79000 on.

my question is is it worth such a high cost compared to other garages? My husband thinks not but I want to look after my baby lol.

Well........   This subject is much debated, for each of us 'makes our choice - and pays our money'! In truth, the servicing done by your Lexus dealership should be exemplary, and all the parts they use will be genuine Lexus components. Of course they charge more than your local garage, and they make a profit on all the parts they sell, your hybrid system is thoroughly checked, and you get the benefit of the 'Relax' warranty (I think)

I've made the same decision with our car, and just taken out a three year service plan, (including MOT even!), on a monthly direct debit, (and negotiated the price down with the discount available for being a LOC member - of course!   It gives a peace of mind.  Come the day when our car gets too 'long in the tooth' I may change to a local garage, (but I've had 'posh' cars before that have caused the local chaps problems!) 

24 minutes ago, Nickyt211 said:

Heya

had my is300h since may.

I have just a taken out a service plan costing £1200 on a 2 year plan “ouch”

my logic being that it’s the 9 year and 10 year service on my car. To give me the extended warranty and make sure the big 100k one is done. 
car currently has 79000 on.

my question is is it worth such a high cost compared to other garages? My husband thinks not but I want to look after my baby lol.

Well Lexus service prices according to their website (which should be the same nationwide at a Lexus dealer) for the IS are: £290 intermediate / £550 full. There is no differentiation now for mileage - just alternate between intermediate and full every 10k miles / 12 month (whichever come first) - so unless your service plan includes other things (like MOT) then I would have expected it be £840, especially if you have only just taken it out as the new service prices have been on the website for a few weeks at least now. 

17 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Well Lexus service prices according to their website (which should be the same nationwide at a Lexus dealer) for the IS are: £290 intermediate / £550 full. There is no differentiation now for mileage - just alternate between intermediate and full every 10k miles / 12 month (whichever come first) - so unless your service plan includes other things (like MOT) then I would have expected it be £840, especially if you have only just taken it out as the new service prices have been on the website for a few weeks at least now. 

I agree with Phil. £1200 is far too much and the Dealership should be asked to explain. Do let us know what they say and do tell us which Dealership it is.

Welcome, by the way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dave 2951 said:

My 3 year plan cost £1000 if that is of any help and it is with the Main Dealer.

That's a good price - my renewal fell between the reduced price Essentials Servicing being curtailed (which I had been using previously) and this new simple pricing that is now on the Lexus website. However, for my plan with three services, two full (120k miles which includes spark plugs and 140k miles) and one intermediate (130k miles) I have just checked and I am paying £1,400 (I pay monthly which suits me) and so £1,200 does seem too much even on the "old" pricing. 

11 minutes ago, Nickyt211 said:

This price is quoted online not from a dealer. I am still within the cancellation period. So am I doing something wrong then? Do we get discount bei by Lexus club members? 

That's interesting - I've just been through pricing a service plan for a 100k and 110k service on my IS as a test using the Lexus website and indeed it quotes just over £1,200. It uses the "old" service prices (i.e. the ones that are priced differently based on mileage) rather than the new simple full/intermediate pricing. I wonder if the quote system on the website has been updated in line with the new pricing structure. Maybe a visit to your local Lexus dealer is in order? 

10 minutes ago, Nickyt211 said:

This price is quoted online not from a dealer. I am still within the cancellation period. So am I doing something wrong then? Do we get discount bei by Lexus club members? 
thanks 

I`d cancel it and go and talk to your local Dealership.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

I`d cancel it and go and talk to your local Dealership.

Yes agreed - I always arrange my service plan (and 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty) at my local Lexus dealership. That way you have someone to actually explain it if you have a query etc. - not sure you can always get a better price (or I'm not a good negotiator...) but building a relationship with them seems to have stood me in good stead when other things have come up in the past. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nickyt211 said:

This is the plan

0F47020D-C34F-44EA-846F-33CB1FE94908.jpeg

Yes that's the "old" pricing - I would ask why the new pricing as is on the website wasn't used in the quote. The MoTs would be extra either way and are the same as I pay. 

Lexus service plan people said that that is the set price they receive from Lexus and they can’t change it? So I cancelled it. Has anyone managed to secure a service plan direct with a dealer? I think I will be looking at using Lexus derby, Wolverhampton or Leicester (my preferred choice but far away).

22 minutes ago, Nickyt211 said:

Lexus service plan people said that that is the set price they receive from Lexus and they can’t change it? So I cancelled it. Has anyone managed to secure a service plan direct with a dealer? I think I will be looking at using Lexus derby, Wolverhampton or Leicester (my preferred choice but far away).

I have a service plan with our Lexus Dealership, and although my car is a different model from yours, the service plan is set out on a similar structure to yours. However - the Dealership accepted that they give a discount to Lexus Owners Club Members (the premium membership).

Similarly - Derby, Leicester, and Wolverhampton also offer a 10% discount on service, parts and service plans. 

It should be worth your while to take out a LOC Gold Membership! (£59 for two years if I recall correctly)

• Like 1

I recently took out a service plan with Lexus Liverpool covering 7,8 and 9 years service for £1045 + free MOT's and collection and delivery of my vehicle to and from Anglesey if required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickyt211 said:

It was my local Lexus dealer that put my service plan together towards the end of last year as my previous one came to an end - Emac administer the plan (from collecting payments etc) but I have always gone through the dealer to set it up. The service plan shouldn't cost more than the individual services that are included (and may be a bit less as people here have commented) - the plan is a nice way of locking in the service prices going forwards and paying monthly rather than service by service.

I still think that something is broken between the service plan quotes on the website and the new pricing model from Lexus so I would highly recommend building a relationship with your local Lexus dealer and discussing the plan with them where you can sit face-to-face and understand what they are offering.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

It was my local Lexus dealer that put my service plan together towards the end of last year as my previous one came to an end - Emac administer the plan (from collecting payments etc) but I have always gone through the dealer to set it up. The service plan shouldn't cost more than the individual services that are included (and may be a bit less as people here have commented) - the plan is a nice way of locking in the service prices going forwards and paying monthly rather than service by service.

I still think that something is broken between the service plan quotes on the website and the new pricing model from Lexus so I would highly recommend building a relationship with your local Lexus dealer and discussing the plan with them where you can sit face-to-face and understand what they are offering.

My 10 year Service Plan comes to an end next September and has cost the princely sum of £34 per month throughout. Cumulative inflation throughout that period has been 27%

• Like 2

I have just spoke to Lexus derby and set up a service plan for 3 years at £1150 that’s a bit better lol. He said they will also do an MOT for £40 as I have a service plan 🙂 much better price I think.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nickyt211 said:

I have just spoke to Lexus derby and set up a service plan for 3 years at £1150 that’s a bit better lol. He said they will also do an MOT for £40 as I have a service plan 🙂 much better price I think.

That all sounds a lot more sensible than the £1,200 quote for two years that you had through the website and more inline with what others are paying. Out of interest, is that two full and one intermediate or the two intermediate and one full service?

Having a service plan - at least at my local dealer - gives a discounted MoT and also discounts on any parts needed outside of the service - things like windscreen wipers and 12v batteries etc. as well as brake discs/pads etc. - even including tyres. My local dealer is always cheaper than any local tyre places like for like. Always worth asking for quote from your dealer when you need something as contrary to popular belief, they can sometimes be very competitive or even cheaper than other sources. And you can build a relationship with the dealer staff sometimes that can help smooth the way with more problematic issues when they see you visiting on a regular schedule. just my 2p worth - as always YMMV...!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nickyt211 said:

That’s 2 intermediate and one full. Can’t believe the difference in prices. Much more affordable. 

Yes, that's also inline with the new full / intermediate simpler service pricing that was introduced - clearly something amiss with the online service plan system on teh website and how that is handled at the other end by the look of it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for your help guys. Saved me some money and an extra service. 
prices will only go up so glad I’ve secured them at that amount.
Had a good chat with Lexus derby, fingers crossed they will provide a good service now.

Does the over 10 year warranty do much? does it only really cover the hybrid system etc.
I’ll get the relax till my 2024 service but after I’m not sure what will be covered.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links