Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

random click

I'm getting a random click noise, very quiet, coming from the glove box area or around the passenger door area. It only occurs just the once on a trip out but nothing to do with the speed or road conditions or setting off, just a faint click at any point in the journey be it long or short. 

Has anyone else come across this oddity 

20 hours ago, fourbanks said:

I'm getting a random click noise, very quiet, coming from the glove box area or around the passenger door area. It only occurs just the once on a trip out but nothing to do with the speed or road conditions or setting off, just a faint click at any point in the journey be it long or short. 

New hip required?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, fourbanks said:

Possibly the relay for the auto-lights?  They switch on if you go under bridges/trees sometimes during the day and I've heard the click in my RX450h when they come on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neo_gsf said:

Possibly the relay for the auto-lights?  They switch on if you go under bridges/trees sometimes during the day and I've heard the click in my RX450h when they come on

Could well be Phil, thanks. At least I'm not alone. It certainly sounds like it, as I've had this type of click on one of my previous cars 🙂 

• 1 month later...

I get this click too from passenger side. Seems to me to be related to expansion of windscreen when heating comes on. Other than that, I really don't know but definitely from screen/glovebox area on passenger side.

• 4 months later...

Yes, this indeed the relay for the auto lights. I remember tearing that little 'tick' sound from the glovebox area on a few occasions wondering what it was. It was only about three or four days into ownership did it dawn on me that it coincide with the lights symbol on the dashboard showing up and going off!

As a side note, does anyone else find the auto lights in their UX a touch over-sensitive? 😕 I do wish there was an 'off' setting. 

2 hours ago, Gary H said:

As a side note, does anyone else find the auto lights in their UX a touch over-sensitive? 😕 I do wish there was an 'off' setting. 

You can always adjust the sensitivity, or do you still find it too sensitive on the lowest setting?

On 3/29/2023 at 8:40 PM, ColinBarber said:

You can always adjust the sensitivity, or do you still find it too sensitive on the lowest setting?

I have a mildly embarrassing confession to make, here... I adjusted the sensitivity down to -2 (the lowest setting) about a week after I collected the car.

Well...I thought I had. 😳

I've been back into it after your post (and after a quick 'google' as I hadn't been back into that sub setting for so long to remember where it was) and for some reason it was on the standard '0' setting. I suspect what's happened is that I lowered it down and then exited the screen without depressing on the pad to actually save it on the lowest setting first... That would go a long way to explaining why I thought it had made no difference at all. It hadn't... It was still on the factory '0' setting! Oops...

Fingers crossed that's solved that issue! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links