Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

help re replacement master key and alerting owners to substandard Lexus attitude to owners of 'old' models

open top

My thanks to all of you for your kind and supportive comments. I realise I must seem a bit odd to all you youngsters—87 and still driving in a sports car, at that! I've begun to find people raising their eyebrows when they find out I'm that ancient, but—like all of you, I suspect—I still feel I'm the same person inside this old frame. While I still have my marbles, I don't intend to stop doing what I can to enjoy life. I reckon I'm still a reasonably capable driver, with quick reactions and eyesight recently refurbished (new cataracts, no need for glasses). Only one significant difference—I don't feel the need to drive constantly at (or over) the speed limit, which was a feature of my 15 years of Porsche ownership (I had three of them, including a 928 and a 993 Targa).

I need a walking stick and don't walk very far, but I can still cope with everything except cooking, which I hate!

Sorry for banging on—garrulous old men do that kind of thing, I'm afraid!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ken Timbers said:

My thanks to all of you for your kind and supportive comments. I realise I must seem a bit odd to all you youngsters—87 and still driving in a sports car, at that! I've begun to find people raising their eyebrows when they find out I'm that ancient, but—like all of you, I suspect—I still feel I'm the same person inside this old frame. While I still have my marbles, I don't intend to stop doing what I can to enjoy life. I reckon I'm still a reasonably capable driver, with quick reactions and eyesight recently refurbished (new cataracts, no need for glasses). Only one significant difference—I don't feel the need to drive constantly at (or over) the speed limit, which was a feature of my 15 years of Porsche ownership (I had three of them, including a 928 and a 993 Targa).

I need a walking stick and don't walk very far, but I can still cope with everything except cooking, which I hate!

Oh my you’re brilliant young man 

garrulous never   A bit quirky maybe but you’re entitled 

I’ll still be zooming around in my Ls400 at your age   another 15 years and maybe 150k miles ...... to 390 k ....... not even run-in .......... my mental exercise( my business )  is augmented by swimming a few times a week for a half hour ( 20 slow lengths I’m afraid ) just swimming contemplating life and my next travel adventure somewhere weird hopefully ...... let’s just make sure this covid etc crap is “ gone “ eh 

Youngster in mind and spirit at 87 ...... good on ‘ya 

well done 👍

Malc 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ken Timbers said:

I nearly bought a 928 or a Lotus Esprit 20 years ago but bought a TVR instead. I loved the Porsche 928 but it was was so technically advanced it worried me that something could go wrong at great expense. From memory it even had electrically controlled vents behind the radiator and 20 years ago a new engine was £14,000.  The TVR was rubbish I spend more time repairing it than driving it and it took me a year to sell it. 20 years later the TVR has never appreciated in value whereas 928s have. I think the moral is don’t buy what basically is a British kit car.

I also fancied a 993 Turbo too but they were always way out of my league and now worth £250,000.

• Like 3

Hi guys

I think a common and important theme here is keeping busy and the mind active. As a semi retired psychy nurse who spent many years assessing patients with dementia this is paramount.

You guys make me feel a youngster which is great, especially as I have, over the last two months been to the funerals of two school friends who were both younger than me. 

I work one day a week as a psychy nurse and keep current, I am involved with several groups in our village and on the committee of most of them. 

Of course I have Lexiguy Junior who is 11, SC430 mad and has just started high school this year. 👇

20220907_074911.thumb.jpg.a4e52ee0bb2270008efa5255879bc4f8.jpg

....then there is Gina, who I lavish my attention (and money) on daily. 👇

20220612_141845.thumb.jpg.5cd9d37bf9d2af9d4489778a764523bc.jpg

I never seem to stop sometimes and hope I am not doing too much and one day I will drop off my perch!

It is such a pleasure to meet such a great group of guys, drawn together by our passion for SC430's. I sincerely hope we all can get together for the weekend at the annual SC430 meet next July in Coventry.

For those who didn't make it this year:

20220710_135539.thumb.jpg.16365a7a825c94cdcda187ba69005c45.jpg20220710_135641.thumb.jpg.3789c3120b26d64a0ddd32df93d4c60f.jpg20220710_135629.thumb.jpg.fe1f7c633a06fd534e86f6ae8550964a.jpg20220710_135510.thumb.jpg.f84f918f4739172a425b03a71381b5f5.jpg

There is also some excellent footage of the meeting from Dr Will who is the proud owner of one of the bright red ones!

Have a great weekend,

Anthony

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I loved the Porsche 928 but it was was so technically advanced it worried me that something could go wrong at great expense.

I must admit that worried me, too, but I kept it for 7 years and really enjoyed it. Fabulous looks and performance in a comfortable package—what's not to like! Oh, yes—fuel consumption was a bit fierce, but that's surely to be expected in a 5 litre V8, and it gave me a taste for another V8—hence the SC430.

image.thumb.jpeg.cb38621a1406669fee8b8549de810a88.jpeg

• Like 5

I am 71 live in a rural area have full no claims and my wife included limited to 5k a year and my insurance has just crept over £200 with the AA first year they threw in breakdown cover for an extra £15

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Localhero said:

has just crept over £200 with the AA

that premium must be a record low in these straitened times for our poor insurers

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links