Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus quality control (faults)

2 hours ago, LordByronUK said:

All Lexus UX that I have driven (about 5 now including 300e) have a terrible door rattle both driver and passenger side when playing loud music with the bass turned up, it's pretty shocking and even the dealership acknowledged it's a design flaw.

When the other Lord Byron wrote, 

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her. Never underestimate the power of love. The way to love anything is to realize it may be lost. The heart has its reasons that reason does not know at all. Music is love in search of a word. There is pleasure in the pathless woods; there is a rapture on the lonely shore; There is society, where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar"

I don't suppose for one second he was thinking of the joy turning up a bass speaker so loud it rattled doors of any kind 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordByronUK said:

All Lexus UX that I have driven (about 5 now including 300e) have a terrible door rattle both driver and passenger side when playing loud music with the bass turned up, it's pretty shocking and even the dealership acknowledged it's a design flaw.

I have not noticed that because i don't play music loud as i find it a distraction where i live. If you play music loud where I live, you will crash into an emergency vehicle at some point, so best avoided 

• 3 months later...

Just an update on my meeting with the chief executive of Lexus. He's been very busy with ongoing problems and hasn't got back to me, so I must therefore presume our meeting at some point has been cancelled. I will of course let you know if that changes, but from my lifelong experiences of meetings with chief executives it's unlikely to take place as in general they don't care for the public at anytime and that's been my experiences of chief executives across the board 

they are mainly lawyers and accountants by educational degrees and are not at all good at talking to the public or of any use in a customer focused group 

Sorry about that, but these things happen with good intentions going nowhere. 

I think my youngest daughter summed up the problem, working for one of the government's agencies. She found the mp's and lords not what she expected patronizing, condescending, raciest etc and not only quit after 4 years of working with the rubbish she has now quit the country for Australia 

well that's education for you and that's what young people will do, they're not prepared to just stand idol and take the nonsense this government dishes out

she's doing very well in Australia, just a pity it came to that, but I did warn her what the government was like as i myself am retired from the establishment 

she did the right thing thou, and that's to work it out for herself and not just to take my advice. Better to try something and fail or to spend the rest of your life thinking if only 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, fourbanks said:

she's doing very well in Australia, just a pity it came to that, but I did warn her what the government was like as i myself am retired from the establishment 

^^ Funny thing. I’ve got a friend with whom I used to work. She went to work in Australia and ended up working alongside their Government (for a contractor). She came back to the UK, after ten years, in 2018/19. She got fed up with their Government, especially in relation to women’s and minority rights. She thought their attitudes were like something from the 1960s! She says the UK is years if not decades ahead of them, as is New Zealand in her opinion.

I think the lesson is that access to those in power, regardless of where they are or whether Government or other business nearly always leads to one feeling. Disappointment!

Sorry to hear the meeting didn’t go ahead.

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

^^ Funny thing. I’ve got a friend with whom I used to work. She went to work in Australia and ended up working alongside their Government (for a contractor). She came back to the UK, after ten years, in 2018/19. She got fed up with their Government, especially in relation to women’s and minority rights. She thought their attitudes were like something from the 1960s! She says the UK is years if not decades ahead of them, as is New Zealand in her opinion.

I think the lesson is that access to those in power, regardless of where they are or whether Government or other business nearly always leads to one feeling. Disappointment!

Sorry to hear the meeting didn’t go ahead.

Personally, ed Australia has a far better work-life balance and that's a big step forward, especially when getting started in life with your own home. Sure, New Zealand is a much better fit for my daughter, but she went with her friends from uni having lost all faith in this government. She's unlikely to come back as there is nothing here for her 

12 hours ago, fourbanks said:

from my lifelong experiences of meetings with chief executives it's unlikely to take place as in general they don't care for the public at anytime and that's been my experiences of chief executives across the board 

they are mainly lawyers and accountants by educational degrees and are not at all good at talking to the public or of any use in a customer focused group 

Never let the facts get in the way of a good generalisation!

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chris-hayes-38736a91

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

Personally, ed Australia has a far better work-life balance and that's a big step forward, especially when getting started in life with your own home. Sure, New Zealand is a much better fit for my daughter, but she went with her friends from uni having lost all faith in this government. She's unlikely to come back as there is nothing here for her 

I shouldn’t laugh…but I have family in Melbourne, who emigrated in the 1950s. Late last year two of their grandchildren (plus one partner, they are mid-20s) came to London to live and work for two years (initially). One is a newly qualified lawyer, one a translator / language lecturer.

I met up with them in December, noting that they must be crazy to leave the Australian lifestyle and weather behind. They couldn’t wait to get away, as “…the opportunities there are so limited compared with Europe, and London in particular.” Whether they’ll stay long-term is another matter, but it is fascinating to see and hear the different opinions. They love how cosmopolitan London is, and from a career perspective they reckon they’re better off being here, at least for now.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links